Extreme finicicity

Old March 9th 07, 07:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default Extreme finicicity

I'm into making up new words today. Finicicity means "degree of
finicky-ness". (Earlier on, in a different context, the word "catworthiness"
came rolling off my fingers. It may not be entirely new, but I've never seen
or heard it before.)

My bunch have revealed a very high level of finicicity today. I cooked fish
for them, simmered in organic crab bisque, which I got for cheap at the
discount store. It smelled awfully good to me, but they had to be urged to
eat it.

Normally, whenever I cook fish, they pester me half to death before it's off
the stove. Not this time. Even after it had cooled and I placed the skillet
on the floor FILLED with freshly cooked fish, there were no takers. They
sniffed and looked at it, but no one wanted to eat any.

And they hadn't been fed since early morning.

What did I do wrong????

Old March 9th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Mar 9, 2:33 am, "Pat" wrote:
[...]

Asking the cats

Blank looks

raised eyebrow

shrug

Beats ME.

I tried to help.

Will in New Haven

Old March 9th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 01:33:50 -0600, "Pat"
yodeled:

[...]

NUFFINGK! BRING IT HEEEER!!!!!!!

LUV DANTE

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 9th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Will in New Haven" wrote

| "Pat" wrote:
|
| What did I do wrong????
|
| Asking the cats
|
| Blank looks
|
| raised eyebrow
|
| shrug
|
| Beats ME.
|
| I tried to help.

The fish was gone when I got up this morning. Entirely, completely, down to
the last crumb, gone.

Old March 9th 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Pat kirjoitti:
"Will in New Haven" wrote

| "Pat" wrote:
|
| What did I do wrong????
|
| Asking the cats
|
| Blank looks
|
| raised eyebrow
|
| shrug
|
| Beats ME.
|
| I tried to help.

The fish was gone when I got up this morning. Entirely, completely, down to
the last crumb, gone.

That, of course, is part of the finicicity. They cannot show you they
like it as it is made for them specially. If it had been intended for
your consumption, they would have been weaving around your legs to get
at it. Then, as soon as you were out of sight, they could eat it freely.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old March 9th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Mar 9, 10:23 am, Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

Fish iz gud. I magine my wil ansestors hunting the mighty toona. In
der nachral viroment. Wazzat, Uncl Bill? In De middle of the BIG WET
THING? Stop laffing uncl Bill. Stop Laffing rite now!

Winnie

--

"I see where you went wrong. You are llying and you are possibly
insane." Inez on talk.origins

Theresa
Stinky Pictures:http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Make Levees, Not War- Hide quoted text -

Old March 9th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Will in New Haven" wrote

| Fish iz gud. I magine my wil ansestors hunting the mighty toona. In
| der nachral viroment. Wazzat, Uncl Bill? In De middle of the BIG WET
| THING? Stop laffing uncl Bill. Stop Laffing rite now!

Winnie, we both know that we could use the Jedi Mind Trick to make the tuna
beach themselves if we wanted. So let the damfoolslave laugh, he knows
nothing!

Old March 9th 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

What did I do wrong????

You expected them to let you see that they actually wanted something you
offered them

With my crew, if I go out of my way to get them something special, as soon
as I put it down them their reaction is "Oh, you got that for us? And you
actually thought we'd like it? Well, thanks for trying.", then they walk
away and ignore it. If I leave it down, though, by the next morning it
will be completely gone.

I think it's a violation of the Cat Code to allow a human to see that you
enjoy something that human has brought you.

Old March 9th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 09:23:52 -0600, "Pat"
yodeled:

"Will in New Haven" wrote

| "Pat" wrote:
|
| What did I do wrong????
|
| Asking the cats
|
| Blank looks
|
| raised eyebrow
|
| shrug
|
| Beats ME.
|
| I tried to help.

The fish was gone when I got up this morning. Entirely, completely, down to
the last crumb, gone.

HA HA- BASTID KAT TRIK!

OH SHOOT NOW I CANT EAT IT
LUV DANTE

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 9th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Pat" wrote in message
news
[...]

The only thing you did wrong was to cook it especially for them. It seems
essential for cats to turn their nose up then to make you feel bad.
Mine do the same. Or did, as they shot themselves in the foot over
specially treatie foods, cooked with love.
Two or three times of "huh? is this the best you can do? sneer" means
they are now back full time on standard cat food.
It's all about rejection of a special effort to please, isn't it? It seems
hurtful and I react by refusing to go to a lot of trouble again.
I know that's silly. It's just cats being cats says my head. My heart says
differently.
It says "why do you refuse this lovely food that I have prepared for you so
lovingly?"

Tweed