A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Weeble :(

Old November 11th 19, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep[_3_]
external usenet poster

Default Weeble :(

I don't post on here very often, but wanted those of you not on FB to hear this from me:

Weeble is 16. Has his annual cold, but for the first time I am very worried over it. He's not wanting to eat, losing weight. We are getting several syringes of puree gooshy food into him a day (along with antibiotics), but he's NOT getting over it. He is drinking on his own, but the last food he took willingly was licking the gravy off of a 1/2 can of gooshy on Friday.

They are all aging, and basically lowering the number we have. We had 12 at one point, but now we're down to 5, all from the same feral mamacat that we couldn't trap & get fixed: Weeble (16), Moe & Mimi (littermates at 15), Barney & Betty (littermates at 14). A year ago, Lizzie succumbed to kidney failure, as did Ernie earlier this year. Bam-Bam went suddenly a few months ago having a saddle thrombus.

Purrs please for him to get better, and to soothe my nerves.

Nancy L

AKA Magic Mood Jeep
Old November 12th 19, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster

On 11/11/2019 7:15 AM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
I don't post on here very often, but wanted those of you not on FB to hear this from me:

Weeble is 16. Has his annual cold, but for the first time I am very worried over it. He's not wanting to eat, losing weight. We are getting several syringes of puree gooshy food into him a day (along with antibiotics), but he's NOT getting over it. He is drinking on his own, but the last food he took willingly was licking the gravy off of a 1/2 can of gooshy on Friday.

They are all aging, and basically lowering the number we have. We had 12 at one point, but now we're down to 5, all from the same feral mamacat that we couldn't trap & get fixed: Weeble (16), Moe & Mimi (littermates at 15), Barney & Betty (littermates at 14). A year ago, Lizzie succumbed to kidney failure, as did Ernie earlier this year. Bam-Bam went suddenly a few months ago having a saddle thrombus.

Nancy L

AKA Magic Mood Jeep

Purrs on the way for Weebles.

Jill
Old November 12th 19, 06:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster

On 11/11/2019 9:13 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 11/11/2019 7:15 AM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
I don't post on here very often, but wanted those of you not on FB to
hear this from me:

Weeble is 16. Has his annual cold, but for the first time I am very
worried over it. He's not wanting to eat, losing weight. We are
getting several syringes of puree gooshy food into him a day (along
with antibiotics), but he's NOT getting over it. He is drinking on his
own, but the last food he took willingly was licking the gravy off of
a 1/2 can of gooshy on Friday.

They are all aging, and basically lowering the number we have. We had
12 at one point, but now we're down to 5, all from the same feral
mamacat that we couldn't trap & get fixed: Weeble (16), Moe & Mimi
(littermates at 15), Barney & Betty (littermates at 14). A year ago,
Lizzie succumbed to kidney failure, as did Ernie earlier this year.
Bam-Bam went suddenly a few months ago having a saddle thrombus.

Nancy L

AKA Magic Mood Jeep

Purrs on the way for Weebles.

Jill

I should have said Sir Weeblywobblybottom. I remember him as a
kitten and as Persia's (the older girfurrend cat) boyfriend. I do hope
he's okay, MMJ. Thank you for posting here again.

Jill
Old November 12th 19, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels
external usenet poster

On 11/11/2019 8:15 PM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

They are all aging, and basically lowering the number we have. We had 12 at one point, but now we're down to 5, all from the same feral mamacat that we couldn't trap& get fixed: Weeble (16), Moe& Mimi (littermates at 15), Barney& Betty (littermates at 14). A year ago, Lizzie succumbed to kidney failure, as did Ernie earlier this year. Bam-Bam went suddenly a few months ago having a saddle thrombus.

Nancy L

AKA Magic Mood Jeep

Poor little Weeble. Big purrs from us (Helen Wheels, Trixie and Floki)
for him to get better.

Old November 12th 19, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, November 11, 2019 at 7:15:09 AM UTC-5, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

Nancy L

AKA Magic Mood Jeep

Post Vet Update: Not good. being 16 (that'd be over 80 to one of us), he is in kidney failure. He did get a long-lasting antiB shot, plus some b12 to stimulate appetite, so maybe (PLEASE!!!!) he'll eat. Hope to just get him over this cold and maybe he'll last a bit longer. I am so not looking forward to him going. We are all he's ever known, having had him since he was 24-48 hours old (had to bottle feed him every few hours, help him pee & poop until he peed on his own, then he litterbox trained himself, and had two lumps removed from his right rear leg one was just a fatty lump, one was cancer, but there have been no recurrences). 😞😔😓
Old November 12th 19, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster

On 11/12/2019 11:34 AM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

Nancy L

AKA Magic Mood Jeep

Post Vet Update: Not good. being 16 (that'd be over 80 to one of us), he is in kidney failure. He did get a long-lasting antiB shot, plus some b12 to stimulate appetite, so maybe (PLEASE!!!!) he'll eat. Hope to just get him over this cold and maybe he'll last a bit longer. I am so not looking forward to him going. We are all he's ever known, having had him since he was 24-48 hours old (had to bottle feed him every few hours, help him pee & poop until he peed on his own, then he litterbox trained himself, and had two lumps removed from his right rear leg one was just a fatty lump, one was cancer, but there have been no recurrences). 😞😔😓

Massive hugs and purrs continue for Weebs and for you. I well remember
those early days when he wobbled but one day he didn't fall down.

Jill
Old November 13th 19, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep[_3_]
external usenet poster

Thank you everyone; He's gone. He got worse overnight and this morning. He is now chasing his rainbow mousie at the bridge. ðŸ˜*

Nancy L

AKA Magic Mood Jeep

Old November 13th 19, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Still Bud
external usenet poster

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 12:51:06 -0800 (PST), Magic Mood Jeep
wrote:

Thank you everyone; He's gone. He got worse overnight and this morning. He is now chasing his rainbow mousie at the bridge. ?

Greatest indicator that there IS NO God (directly caring about human
beings) is the fact that our pets die so much sooner than we do.

Old November 14th 19, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]
external usenet poster

On 2019-11-13 5:21 p.m., Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
Thank you everyone; He's gone. He got worse overnight and this morning. He is now chasing his rainbow mousie at the bridge. ðŸ˜*

I'm so sorry to hear this.

--
Cheryl
Old November 14th 19, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster

{{{{{{{Nancy}}}}}} I'm so very sorry to hear this.

Jill

On 11/13/2019 3:51 PM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

Nancy L

AKA Magic Mood Jeep