More purrs needed

Old December 5th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default More purrs needed

Now we've been doubly screwed... by the person who tried to take our
money, and the bank person who told us that it was all taken care of
on Saturday. They lied through their teeth.

The charges went through last night so this morning we woke up to a
negative bank balance (because we moved the largest part of our funds
into a savings account on saturday to protect it from any further
theft attempts) and five bounced checks (because we left our rent and
grocery money in the original account and spent it as it was
intended).

I want to kill someone very badly.

John's just gone to the bank to try and fix it but they said it will
take a week to untangle the mess and he has to do a formal affidavit
and fill out a bunch of paperwork. I didn't go with him because if I
did it's certain that I'd end up banned for life if not arrested,
because I'd give them a piece of my mind VERY loudly. Why did they lie
to us on Saturday? We could have done what we needed to do then... or
at least at nine o'clock yesterday morning. We wouldn't have bought
groceries and I'm sure that our landlord would have agreed to hold off
on the rent for a week or so under the circumstances... but the bank
just let us jump into the hole that was dug for us, and all they're
waiting to do now is to shovel the dirt in after us.
Old December 5th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

The bank should be responsible for any bounced checks in this circumstance.
It may take a while to fix the mess, but you can't be held responsible if
the bank told you to do it. Mega purrs coming. This really does suck

Old December 5th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 10:28:13 -0500, Karen AKA Kajikit
yodeled:

[...]

WE IS PURRIN ANTY KAREN AN WE WILL SEND DEM OUR DIRTY LITTER IF U
WANT.

LUV DANTE

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 5th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
[...]

Mega purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old December 5th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote in
:

[...]

You have my total sympathy. The level of incompetence that some
organizations can achieve is mind boggling. I hope you get this all
straight very soon. Try no to let them get you down.

Andy (and Zak)

Old December 5th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
[...]

That really stinks. I hope the bank gets its act together and
straightens out the mess soon, with no extra fees!

Ginger-lyn
Old December 6th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

John's just gone to the bank to try and fix it but they said it will
take a week to untangle the mess and he has to do a formal affidavit
and fill out a bunch of paperwork. I didn't go with him because if I
did it's certain that I'd end up banned for life if not arrested,
because I'd give them a piece of my mind VERY loudly. Why did they lie
to us on Saturday? We could have done what we needed to do then... or
at least at nine o'clock yesterday morning. We wouldn't have bought
groceries and I'm sure that our landlord would have agreed to hold off
on the rent for a week or so under the circumstances... but the bank
just let us jump into the hole that was dug for us, and all they're
waiting to do now is to shovel the dirt in after us.

As soon as you get it straightened out, I suggest you change
banks! (You might post a warning to others letting them
know which bank it is, too.) Might be worth it to consult
an attorney - sounds to me as though the bank might well be
at fault in allowing access to your account without a
signature or PIN!
Old December 6th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
Now we've been doubly screwed... by the person who tried to take our
money, and the bank person who told us that it was all taken care of
on Saturday. They lied through their teeth.

Karen

Hugs and purrs (Just as soon as I get them out of the bag of washing I
brought home tonight- it smells of Paw and Dunzi usually the quieter
one is currently holding Sarsi back!) from the Fabulous Furballs

And I'd change my bank account as soon as this gets sorted and let them
know why

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old December 6th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 17:31:12 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

As soon as you get it straightened out, I suggest you change
banks! (You might post a warning to others letting them
know which bank it is, too.) Might be worth it to consult
an attorney - sounds to me as though the bank might well be
at fault in allowing access to your account without a
signature or PIN!

Believe me, the millisecond that money goes back in our account it's
ALL coming out again! The name of the bank starts with W M and I'm
sure you know which one it is... I was just venting about it over on
IRC and at least four out of the 20 people in the channel have been
screwed over by them in some way too!

BTW, when the person (presumably a guy since it was DH's name on the
account) used the card, he signed for his purchases.
Old December 6th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

wrote:

Now we've been doubly screwed... by the person who tried to take our
money, and the bank person who told us that it was all taken care of
on Saturday. They lied through their teeth.

This just really sucks. I am so very sorry you are suffering from this
evil thief; and now the ignorant bank person.I hope this horrible mess
is settled soon and you get your money back minus any fees. Purrs,

--
CATherine