Allegra (1989-2007)

Old July 3rd 07, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats

Default Allegra (1989-2007)

I wish Ide known her an ben a member of her fanclub. I can tell she was a
wonderfull, purrfect cat.

Lucy, meatloafing fur Allegra

"Adam" wrote in message
"The humble little friend is gone where go the beasts that perish." --
Mark Twain

Allegra ("Great Girtha") died peacefully at home yesterday morning (July
1, 2007), while being stroked by Meowmie, after several weeks of declining
health. She was eighteen years and three months old, and is already
missed. A lot. She is buried in her own yard, along with her beloved
adopted Beltie.

Allegra was born around March 26, 1989, in Freedom Plains, NY, and adopted
on May 14th of that year. She was best known for her great girth, her
creativity, her ear tufts, her lovely loud deep purr, and her ability to
put up with "Lovable Louise". She was the 1998 Oofwate category champeen
in kitty soomo, and was vice-president, and later president, of the Tufted
Ears Club. A more detailed resume of her accomplishments will be given in
her tribute at this year's Jellicle Ball.

I'd like to thank all the members of the Great Girtha Fan Club for
their unswerving support through the years:

pippy (bery furst memfur)
Talisker Pippin (#2 fan)
Mikko
Mrs. Wiggles (RB), Pouncer (RB), Radar,
and Angel, Heidi, and Weegee
Omar (RB), Norville, Mietze, Neko, and Azad
Shug and Shim and associate members Lynda and Gail
Pooh and Tigger
Kitty Schottland, Capt. Midnight (RB),
and Lilith Kitten
Associate member Scrratchem
Associate members Tucker (RB), Jason (RB),
Lily-Belle (RB), and Smokey

Anyone who would like a photo of Allegra, just write to the address
below -- note new address. Fan club members already have this photo.

Adam
--
Email: adam seven zero seven AT verizon DOT net

Old July 3rd 07, 11:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

We at or houze didn't know Allegra but it iz alwayz sad to loooze a Kitty
frfom da kommunity. We all sendz PURRS from our houze to da famili. All
but Willow, her dozen't PURR much. Piglet looking and the Penthouse where
Willow is still sleeping from the trip and wondering how it is a Kittten
dosen't PURRR.-

Old July 3rd 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Anti Shado

On Jul 3, 2:26 am, Adam wrote:
[...]

I wuz coming into da offise where meowmie wuz werkin onna pooter anna
hurd her sniffin. I jumped up onna desk anna dere was wadder leekin
outa herzown eyes. She gave me some pets anna gottid up anna lit
anofur candle in fronta da Bast dat sits onna chest. Den her camed
back anna splained to me who Ms Allegra was anna how she had gone to
be attid da bridge where Boogie da HarpurrCat anna da ofurs were
waitin. Once I unnerstood how important Ms Allegra was, I went right
ofur to mine purch onna windosill anna sumed da position anna started
my best purrin fur Ms Allegra anna herz fambly leftid behind.

May Bast bless and comfort all of you.

MuShu (The Magnificent) anna Meowmie Shado

Old July 3rd 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rusty

On Jul 2, 1:26 pm, Adam wrote:
[...]

I am so sorry to hear this. Purrs for Allegra and her family. I am
sure she got a warm welcome from the rpcc cats over at the Bridge.

Rusty, sometimes wondering when will be the time for his own trip to
the Bridge

Old July 3rd 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Me

PurrPURRpurrPurrPURRpurrPurrPURRpurrPurrPURRpurrPu rrPURRpurr
PurrPURRpurrPurrPURRpurrPurrPURRpurrPurrPURRpurrPu rrPURRpurr

Weze purrin furry hard fur Allegra an Adam

Booker, Snowflake, an Chappy

Old July 3rd 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Clowder

[Small brown tabby returns from a sad task, wiping brick dust from her
paws as she approaches the other members of her clowder.]

Gaffur rownd, effurywun, wee neeed a speshully powurrfull purrrr
sircull fur a speshully powurrfull ladycat. Wee all luffd Allegra and
shee will always bee da Girthiest in owr harts.

Mietze wiff Norville, Neko, Azad, Buster Badseed and Ella, too

I'm so very sorry, Adam. Eighteen years is a wonderful long life, a
testament to good care and your love, but it never, ever feels like
enough.

Melissa, sniffling for an old friend

--
Remove the first m to reply
Old July 3rd 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gabrielle at clowder . net

And another feline friend is gone....
I am glad her passing was peaceful. I hope the eighteen years of
memories will help fill that huge Allegra-sized hole in your hearts.
Gabrielle, with MMS

I wuznt a memfur uf Great Girtha's fan club. Sinz I met hur in da soomo
ring, I didnt fink it wud be rite tu join da club, not effun aftur she
defeeted mineownself in da Oofwate bout. But.... I wuz a fan. I admird
her spirit ana hur girth.
Ralph, aka Da Ralphinator

Purrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrum
purrrpurrrpurrrr
Ralph joining the rest of his clowder -- Fred, Clyde, Alice, & Jane
-- in the meatloaf position of respect as they purr for Allegra's trip
to the Rainbow Bridge

Adam wrote:

"The humble little friend is gone where go the beasts that perish." --
Mark Twain

Allegra ("Great Girtha") died peacefully at home yesterday morning (July
1, 2007), while being stroked by Meowmie, after several weeks of
declining health. She was eighteen years and three months old, and is
already missed. A lot. She is buried in her own yard, along with her
beloved adopted Beltie.

8 respectful snip
Adam

Old July 4th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Adam wrote:
"The humble little friend is gone where go the beasts that perish." --
Mark Twain

Allegra ("Great Girtha") died peacefully at home yesterday morning (July
1, 2007), while being stroked by Meowmie, after several weeks of
declining health. She was eighteen years and three months old, and is
already missed. A lot. She is buried in her own yard, along with her
beloved adopted Beltie.

8 respectful snip
Adam- Hide quoted text -

The Cooper Cats send their best purrs. I remember when we had the
soomo ressling! We will purr very hard for Allegra and her humans.
She was a great lady cat! Raphael, TKC, KWD, GCC, pots, & *PA*

Old July 4th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
BallardBunch

I am so unhappy to heer dis furry bad nooze. I haf always been prowd to
be thuh Great Girtha's #2 fan, an we shared a luv uv soomo (an now an
den shared sum compitishunj tips, cuz we weren't efer inna same wate
class). In fact I bed da Ranbow Bridge iz bending a liddle under her
wate rite now, an I know my used-to be housemates Ceilidh an Skye are
leeding da Rainbow Bridge Chorale in a rouzing welcome singalong rite
dis minnit.

But we'll all miss her. --Talisker Pippin, sending hyooge
purrrrrrrrrrrs to Unka Adam

--Talisker Pippin & Sherry her Hoomin (Visit us at Bitterroot Manor at
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/1240/)

Allegra Speaks Her Mind Adam Cat community 8 August 19th 06 09:05 PM
Boogie da HarpurrCat - 14 February 1989/ 29 May 2006 Boogie's Mom Cat community 31 July 16th 06 11:54 PM
Miss Allegra? Sundance Cat community 3 November 2nd 05 03:46 PM
Scooter, House of Kleinfelder 1989 - 2004 Da Koster Katz Cat community 21 May 28th 04 04:16 AM
To Allegra G. and Louise S. Rubin Allegra and Louise's Santa Cat community 12 December 17th 03 02:03 AM