Another fight :(

Old September 6th 03, 08:36 PM
Brenda Watkins

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
I just don't understand it. I've never had cats act this way. Pearl was
being ornery to Sugar on the cat tree. Sugar was there first so I moved
Pearl. She sassed me (nothing major at all) and that set off Grant.

Suddenly
cats were hissing and yelling and flying everywhere. I tried to separate
them and failed. All headed for under the bed where I could do NOTHING.
Suddenly Grant shot out and I got him out of the bedroom, Sugar into the
walkin closet and calmed everyone down. No damage, but a bit of saliva on
Pearl, but everyone, including myself was severely shaken. It's really
horrendous sounding and I end up with more wounds than anyone, but I can't
just let it go on (nothing very serious on me mind you, just like three
tiny, and I mean tiny claw punctures.) I've never had cats that do this. I
sprayed Feliway everywhere and for now, Pearl is in the bedroom. It's so
disheartening. How can I go on a vacation and not worry????? Even with a

pet
sitter dropping in, I'd worry tremendously. I could just cry. I've never

had
cats do this my whole life of being owned by lots of cats at once

Karen

we're sending some calming purrs your way.
Brenda

Old September 9th 03, 04:57 AM
Sherry

[...]

Hey Karen, how's your weather? We had a cold front come through earlier, and
even the cows were acting stupid. I honestly thought they had gotten into some
loco weed. They *ran* from me, which they never do, even running into the
fence. And the cats were fighting too. I spoke with a kindergarten teacher, and
she said children are *very* susceptible to changes in the weather. Atmosheric
pressure or something. Said more kids get in trouble when a front comes in than
any other time. Weird huh?

Sherry
Old September 9th 03, 05:10 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Sherry at
wrote on 9/8/03 10:57 PM:

[...]

I don't think it's the weather. We are slowly going back to cautious-
acceptance-but-don't-look-at-me-wrong. I armed myself with Meow Mix (jeez,
has that not got to be the potato chips of cat food) as a treat for positive
reinforcement. I'll just have to keep on. Grant got his anal sacs expressed
today, which I am certain makes him feel better. Still, I feel like having a
nervous breakdown.

Karen

Old September 9th 03, 10:04 AM
polonca12000

Hugs and purrs for you to feel better, Karen,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
We are slowly going back to cautious-
acceptance-but-don't-look-at-me-wrong. snip Still, I feel like having a
nervous breakdown.

Karen