rotten two days - rant, vent, needing to be HEARD

Old March 9th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default rotten two days - rant, vent, needing to be HEARD

Things are not going well right now. I'm rushing to get moved completely off
the farm and the electricity got shut off, which means no water, can't
continue cleaning and vacuuming. I'm almost done, had to take day off Monday
because Sunday I tripped, fell and hurt my legs, so I get out there around
noon yesterday and the stupid horses were locked in the road and I couldn't
get back to my place. The horses were locked in the road because the stupid
new caretaker, Linda, saw that they were running out of grass in the pasture
they were in and she didn't know where else to put them. But the reason they
were running out of grass in the pasture is SHE DID NOT FEED THEM FOR 8
DAYS!!!!!!!!

She was told at least six times (thrice by me, thrice by Gloria) to give
them alfalfa hay every day. Gloria even moved a bale up near the fence and
covered it with a tarp in case of rain so she wouldn't need to wheel it over
in the wheelbarrow. She had to go down there every day to water them,
anyhow, and the whole point of feeding them alfalfa is it's winter, there's
not much grass and what's there is dry and not very nutritious. So what does
the dumb-ass woman do? Left the bale sitting there for 8 days unused. And
she "forgot" to put the electricity in her name so it was cut off today.

Back to yesterday - I spent the whole day and evening until midnight, 16
hours, unloading at the new house, then packing and cleaning at the old,
then couldn't sleep because my hip and leg were hurting too much, plus I was
very cold, I thought three wool blankets and a flannel sheet would be
enough, the temp was only going down to around 50, but I was freezing to
death. Maybe because I had so little to eat during the day. There was no
time to eat and I haven't had a chance to shop for food in weeks. Because of
this I also got a killer migraine that's still with me now....

So at around 2 AM I drove down to Gloria's to borrow a sleeping bag that I
knew was in her house. She wasn't supposed to be back until Thursday, and
this was Tuesday night, and she's usually gone at least 2-3 days longer than
she says she'll be gone, but she was there and of course I was conflicted
about waking her up, but luckily the car lights had already done that.

I got the sleeping bag and within 5 minutes of crawling into it I was fast
asleep. I woke up very early because I was so hungry, but there was nothing
to eat, and Linda has been bearing down on me to get moved out. Like, I need
that right now???

When she showed up, Gloria was set to leave on her trip with me in charge of
the horses, she hadn't found anyone else to be there yet, and so I wasn't in
a rush to get out and figured I had until at least the middle of March
because if she was getting back on the 8th she sure would need at least a
week after that to find a caretaker. But Linda decided she wanted to move
right in two days after Gloria left.

By God I am doing the very best I can. I worked hard from 8 AM until almost
5 PM today non-stop with no food and an aching head and of course my body in
so much pain I could just scream and this was about the fifth or sixth trip
since Linda arrived on Feb. 24th. I am NOT A MACHINE, for pete's sake, nor a
spring chicken, and I couldn't help falling on Sunday, I've got a bruise the
size of Ireland on my left thigh which has been swelled up a lot too, but I
guess she can't see that it might take me a few more days than I originally
thought, things can go wrong.... I also haven't had much time to unpack
anything at the new house which is just a mass of boxes so I can't find what
I need here.

And Linda's trying to wriggle out of paying me for the 75 gallons of LP gas
I left behind, she says "I'll have to ask my uncle for some money in a few
weeks." Yeah, right....

At times like this it's so great coming home to seven magnificent furry
feline friends. Baby Eyes has been especially sweet to me this evening.
She's one extraordinary cat, that's for sure.

Old March 9th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I just got off the phone with Gloria. She said right after I left, Linda
went to the trailer to check and see how much stuff I have left in there. I
had met Linda coming down the road on the way out, she was driving in (she
almost ran me off the narrow road into the ditch with her damned truck,
going down the wrong side - and she could see me coming from a long way off,
too) and we stopped to talk and she asked me how much I had left to move and
I told her and she said don't worry I won't be going down there until you
are all finished, then the freaking liar drove straight on past Gloria's
(Gloria was trapped in the barn because it had just started to storm so she
saw Linda go right on down there and then come right back without stopping).

Well, I hadn't had a chance yet to tell Linda that you have to pull the door
shut behind you really hard and make sure it "clicks" or else the wind will
blow it open, and here it was storming like crazy, almost too heavy to drive
back to town, and I've got valuables that need to stay dry sitting just
inside the front door, and the storm raged for about half an hour so if she
didn't shut that door correctly everything is ruined now because the wind
was coming from the south which would blow the rain straight into the living
room.

JUST what I needed to top off my day. LYING BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old March 9th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed 08 Mar 2006 08:40:53p, Pat wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
) :

JUST what I needed to top off my day. LYING
BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vent away Pat. I'm so sorry you're having a rough time of it. Moving
is hard enough without all the complications you're facing. Purrs for
easier times.

--
Cheryl
Old March 9th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Our best healing thoughts and prayers for both your body and your peace of
mind are winging your way right now and for as long as you need them. Let
the furbabies help heal and comfort you.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old March 9th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:

At times like this it's so great coming home to seven magnificent furry
feline friends. Baby Eyes has been especially sweet to me this evening.
She's one extraordinary cat, that's for sure.

I'll add the purrs from my two and hope that things start looking up soon.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 9th 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

purrs to you pat...and tell that girl you're just having to take a bit
longer, if she wants you out that quick she can come and help. And she'd
better pay for the gas!! It wasn't a moving in gift, it costs money! Your
money! hope you have a better day now.

Old March 9th 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

OMG! IF she has damaged your stuff by her carelessness she should fork out.
((((Pat))))

Old March 9th 06, 09:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

((((((((((((Pat)))))))))))

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old March 9th 06, 11:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
[...]

It seams to me, almost everyone you meet trys to rip you off. Purrs for your
nightmare to soon be over. I'm *so* glad you have your furry owners to
comfort you.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old March 9th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 19:18:27 -0600, "Pat"
wrote:

[...]

I'm so sorry things are a mess right now. Purrs that everything gets
straightened out very soon for you. Glad you have those furry ones to
be lights in your life :-)

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com