Too hot

Old June 28th 11, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Default Too hot

It's baking hot here has been since Sunday. We know how hot it is
because Dunzi hasn't tried to wake me up at 5AM for breakfast- we've
long since come to an arrangement over that- as it;s a small flat it
tends to be a lot easier to get up, stagger into kitchen and throw
pouchie contents into the bowl then fall back into bed (yes I am a
well trained slave) than lie there whilst she chucks my stuff on the
floor.....

You know its hot when she takes a slow walk to the kitchen at
mealtimes rather than her usual attempt to cause a sonic boom (I think
she's done it more than once) as soon as there's a hint that something
tasty is about to be served..

And of course the heat is our fault- both cats keep looking
reproachfully at us after all when it's cold we turn on something that
makes it warm so why can't we turn something off to make it cool now?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old June 28th 11, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
[...]

It has been a lot cooler here today, it only reached 14C.
--
Adrian
Old June 28th 11, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

LOL come to Florida it has been 107F plus humidity factor for the last
couple weeks staying about 80-90 till midnight

Old June 28th 11, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

It's baking hot here has been since Sunday.

It's pouring rain here! Again!!

And of course the heat is our fault- both cats keep looking
reproachfully at us after all when it's cold we turn on something that
makes it warm so why can't we turn something off to make it cool now?

Well, some people do have something they can turn on to make it cool, so
obviously, it *is* your fault. (Anyway, if the cat says it's your fault,
then it is, end of story!)

Joyce

--
May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.

Old June 29th 11, 07:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

It's baking hot here has been since Sunday...

Oh, and I forgot to say... earworm!

It's too hot (too hot)
Too hot, baby
Gotta run for cover
Gotta run for shade

Bwahahaha

Joyce

--
- Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.
- What??? Why! Call me please?
Old June 29th 11, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Adrian wrote:
Lesley wrote:
[...]

I realize you folks in the UK have higher humidity than we do here, but
Arizona has had two weeks of temperatures above 100 F (117 yesterday)
with no end in sight, so forgive me if I sound less than sympathetic!
(There's a reason why Americans regard air-conditioning as a necessity,
not a luxury.)
Old June 29th 11, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Matthew wrote:

LOL come to Florida it has been 107F plus humidity factor for the last
couple weeks staying about 80-90 till midnight

Yeah, that's even worse than Arizona's 117 - at least when it gets that
hot here, the dew point is around zero!

Old June 29th 11, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Matthew wrote:

LOL come to Florida it has been 107F plus humidity factor for the last
couple weeks staying about 80-90 till midnight

Yeah, that's even worse than Arizona's 117 - at least when it gets that
hot here, the dew point is around zero!

Gosh, that makes me feel a bit better about our 104F here in Houston - of
course we normally have close to 100% humidity, but not during this draught!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old June 29th 11, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 2011-06-29, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Matthew wrote:

LOL come to Florida it has been 107F plus humidity factor for the last
couple weeks staying about 80-90 till midnight

Yeah, that's even worse than Arizona's 117 - at least when it gets that
hot here, the dew point is around zero!

Even New York, NY, is classified as having a subtropical climate.

Bud