OT - Food You Can't Resist

Old August 27th 11, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default OT - Food You Can't Resist

"CatNipped" wrote
Taking chocolate off the table for the ladies... what's the one food item
that, no matter what, no matter how restrictive your diet it, even when
you're not particularly hungry, when presented in front of you out of the
blue, you can't resist and gobble down?

Mochi peanuts. Thank goodness I can't find decent ones outside of Japan!

Old August 27th 11, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

wrote
have you ever tried olive oil on corn on the cob?
It's fabulous!

Better still is a mixture of olive oil and umeboshi paste.

I also put it on green veggies.
A little goes a long way.

Same caution with the paste....

Old August 27th 11, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

OK, you're desperately trying to lose weight for a big event, maybe a
sister's wedding, and event you really, really want to look good for.

Taking chocolate off the table for the ladies... what's the one food
item that, no matter what, no matter how restrictive your diet it, even
when you're not particularly hungry, when presented in front of you out
of the blue, you can't resist and gobble down?

For me it's cocktail shrimp with cocktail sauce. I'm sure there's a
*lot* of others as well, but that was the first one that popped into my
head (I'm starting this thread with ulterior motives and I'm really
interested in and will appreciate your answers).

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old August 27th 11, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Aug 27, 2:07*pm, CatNipped wrote:

Taking chocolate off the table for the ladies.

I like chocolate but only as an occasional treat...thinking about it I
can't offhand remember when I last ate chocolate- gotta be a couple of
weeks ago but for a snack I'd sooner dried fruit, seeds, nuts or
liquorice

... what's the one food
item that, no matter what, no matter how restrictive your diet it, even
when you're not particularly hungry,

Prawns- I can't get enough of them

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 27th 11, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
OK, you're desperately trying to lose weight for a big event, maybe a
sister's wedding, and event you really, really want to look good for.

Taking chocolate off the table for the ladies... what's the one food item
that, no matter what, no matter how restrictive your diet it, even when
you're not particularly hungry, when presented in front of you out of the
blue, you can't resist and gobble down?

For me it's cocktail shrimp with cocktail sauce. I'm sure there's a *lot*
of others as well, but that was the first one that popped into my head
(I'm starting this thread with ulterior motives and I'm really interested
in and will appreciate your answers).

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Fresh - and I mean really fresh, liked picked just a couple of hours ago -
corn on the cob.

Joy

Old August 27th 11, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
OK, you're desperately trying to lose weight for a big event, maybe a
sister's wedding, and event you really, really want to look good for.

Taking chocolate off the table for the ladies...

LOL! I haven't been a chocoholic since around 1974. Seriously, chocolate
doesn't interest me anymore. There's a store on the mainland called "The
Chocolate Tree" where they literally make chocolate, chocolate covered
brittles & caramels. And jelly beans! I've seen it many times but I've
never been in there. Sweets aren't my thing.

what's the one food item that, no matter what, no matter how restrictive
your diet it, even when you're not particularly hungry, when presented in
front of you out of the blue, you can't resist and gobble down?

Crispy potato chips I try to avoid buying them because if I have them in
the house I *will* eat them. When I grill hamburgers I even put potato
chips on them! I'm not worried about my weight. I just know snacking on
junk food all the time isn't good for you.

Jill

Old August 27th 11, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 27, 2:43*pm, "Joy" wrote:

Fresh - and I mean really fresh, liked picked just a couple of hours ago -
corn on the cob.

I just got some butter (I try to use the heart healthy spreads but
occasionally I think "Sod it- butter!") I have some very nice Aberdeen
Angus burgers for dinner tomorrow and you've just suggested the
vegetable dish okay not really fresh but corn on the cob with butter
and some peppers/cucumber/red onion/red cabbage side salad and a
splash of sweetcorn and red pepper relish.....

Sounds okay to me!

Old August 27th 11, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 27, 2:49*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
*Sweets aren't my thing.

Not really mine either- I fancy them now and then and I like the good
stuff but I have a G&B Maya Gold bar in the fridge and it's been there
a week and Dave has eaten most of it.

I've recently discovered the best sweet nibbles in the World!
Probably not available in the US etc.....in fact we're only getting
them in some selected stores in London..

"Bear" snacks, baked berries, gorgeous

Old August 27th 11, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Chips for me, also. For me the size of the bag is the serving size.

Old August 27th 11, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 28/08/2011 7:07 AM, CatNipped wrote:
OK, you're desperately trying to lose weight for a big event, maybe a
sister's wedding, and event you really, really want to look good for.

Taking chocolate off the table for the ladies... what's the one food
item that, no matter what, no matter how restrictive your diet it, even
when you're not particularly hungry, when presented in front of you out
of the blue, you can't resist and gobble down?

For me it's cocktail shrimp with cocktail sauce. I'm sure there's a
*lot* of others as well, but that was the first one that popped into my
head (I'm starting this thread with ulterior motives and I'm really
interested in and will appreciate your answers).

There's plenty, but the first one that come to mind is cheesecake.

Yowie