Cat Sneezing

Old January 6th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cat Sneezing

Has anyone else had a cat that has been sneezing lately? One of my cats,
Isis has been sneezing for the past few days but has had no discharge from
her eyes or nose. She has an appointment at the vet tomorrow but am
wondering if this is as serious as I am making this out to be? One of my
friends claimed he gave his cat a couple of drops of lemon juice in his
water dish and after a few days the cat was fine. I am more a better safe
than sorry kind of guy and saw that when Isis was sneezing it could be URI
but I have no clue where she would have gotten it as she is mainly an indoor
cat. None of my other cats have been sneezing.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

Old January 6th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Has anyone else had a cat that has been sneezing lately? One of my cats,
Isis has been sneezing for the past few days but has had no discharge from
her eyes or nose. She has an appointment at the vet tomorrow but am
wondering if this is as serious as I am making this out to be? One of my
friends claimed he gave his cat a couple of drops of lemon juice in his
water dish and after a few days the cat was fine. I am more a better safe
than sorry kind of guy and saw that when Isis was sneezing it could be URI
but I have no clue where she would have gotten it as she is mainly an
indoor cat. None of my other cats have been sneezing.

Could be alergies.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 7th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I thought that could be the issue. I guess I'll have the vet check her out
so I at least have peace of mind.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Could be alergies.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 7th 06, 09:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Well Isis is wheezing a little bit so I am having her checked out anyway. It
very well could be nothing but Isis has been sneezing for four days now. If
it had been once a few days ago I probably wouldn't be worried but this
concerns me.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"yngver" wrote in message
oups.com...

Cat Protector wrote:
Has anyone else had a cat that has been sneezing lately? One of my cats,
Isis has been sneezing for the past few days but has had no discharge
from
her eyes or nose. She has an appointment at the vet tomorrow but am
wondering if this is as serious as I am making this out to be? One of my
friends claimed he gave his cat a couple of drops of lemon juice in his
water dish and after a few days the cat was fine. I am more a better safe
than sorry kind of guy and saw that when Isis was sneezing it could be
URI
but I have no clue where she would have gotten it as she is mainly an
indoor
cat. None of my other cats have been sneezing.

I asked my vet back when one of our cats was sneezing. She said if
there is no discharge and the cat does not seem ill, it's usually
nothing to be worried about. She probably got some dust or a hair in
her nose. Our cat has been sneezing occasionally--usually after
grooming--for eight years now and she's in perfect health. Some cats
just sneeze more than others, I guess.
-Yngver

Old January 7th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I thought that could be the issue. I guess I'll have the vet check her out
so I at least have peace of mind.

I believe that's a good idea; there's one cat here who has been
sneezing frequently this winter but no "discharge" or illness signs
nor wheezing. These cats never ever go outside, and that's why
I am not concerned. If your sneezer does get out, vet can check
her out and relieve your worry.

Old January 7th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I took Isis in this morning and the vet checked her out. He said her eyes,
nose and ears were pretty clean. She has a normal temperature. He said that
it is hard to tell what is causing the sneezing so he prescribed some
Chlorphenirame (which is an antihistamine) and Amoxi drops (antibiotic)
which one of my other cats is taking for his UTI. She has been wheezing a
little and the vet noticed this so that is probably what prompted the meds.
Besides the medication he recommended a vaporizer for Isis as well. For the
most part Isis is in pretty good health aside from the sneezing which
hopefully the meds will clear up.

Old January 9th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:40:20 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

Has anyone else had a cat that has been sneezing lately? One of my cats,
Isis has been sneezing for the past few days but has had no discharge from
her eyes or nose. She has an appointment at the vet tomorrow but am
wondering if this is as serious as I am making this out to be? One of my
friends claimed he gave his cat a couple of drops of lemon juice in his
water dish and after a few days the cat was fine. I am more a better safe
than sorry kind of guy and saw that when Isis was sneezing it could be URI
but I have no clue where she would have gotten it as she is mainly an indoor
cat. None of my other cats have been sneezing.

My vet said that lots of cats are sneezing now. Mine was sneezing
(prompting the call) and clearly had a cold within a few days. He's on
the mend now and was just about normal over the weekend. Well, normal
for him, insane for any normal beast.