Recipes: Cat variety

Old September 4th 04, 08:02 PM
Bill Stock

Default Recipes: Cat variety

Does anyone have any simple, tasty recipes for a corpulent kitty?

Cali's been through another bout of bunguppedness. So I'd like to break her
of her preference for dry food. She does not get enough water and is getting
porkier by the day. The vet pushes the A/D, but she hates it. About the only
meat she likes is FF or deli beef/ham.

How does cooked hamburger go over with the kitties, maybe with a bit of salt
and ground catnip? Perhaps some boiled ham hocks? She hates poultry, so no
chicken recipes please.

TIA

Old September 4th 04, 10:29 PM
Sherry

How does cooked hamburger go over with the kitties, maybe with a bit of salt
and ground catnip? Perhaps some boiled ham hocks? She hates poultry, so no
chicken recipes please.

TIA

I don't see anything wrong with the hamburger, but I wouldn't add anything to
it. Ham hock would be bad, because of the salt content and overall I hear pork
just isn't good for cats. People food dishes are fine for a treat; I broil
chicken breast all the time for mine. But really, unless you're well-versed in
cat nutrition and know which additives they need in their diet, it's best to
stay with commercial cat food. Some people actually do the homemade thing, but
it's expensive, a whole lot of work, and a whole lot of research goes into it.

Sherry

Old September 5th 04, 01:17 AM
Bill Stock

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
in article , Sherry at
itty wrote on 9/4/04 4:29 PM:

[...]

Cali doesn't much like people food at all, Pork is her one exception,
especially Bacon. Smokey on the other hand is a constant moocher. She had
grilled Salmon, Kraft Dinner (taste) and Cookies and Cream (taste) for
dinner + her usual feast of cat food.

I found the holistic cat site and they had some simple recipes including cat
vitamins.

Can you try her with beef baby food? If she liked it,, you could mix it in
with real catfood (canned). Or check your local health stores for Petguard
Premium Feast which is largely beef and my cats who are very picky quite
like it.

I think we tried her with baby food once before, but I'm not certain. I was
going to try mixing some with her dry again. She checked out OK, at the vet
(a little dehrydrated), although she's supposed to stay on the lactulose for
a few days. She's definately not herself.

Old September 5th 04, 01:50 AM
jmcquown

Bill Stock wrote:
Does anyone have any simple, tasty recipes for a corpulent kitty?

Cali's been through another bout of bunguppedness. So I'd like to
break her of her preference for dry food. She does not get enough
water and is getting porkier by the day. The vet pushes the A/D, but
she hates it. About the only meat she likes is FF or deli beef/ham.

You might ask your vet about sprinkling something called Barley Cat on her
food to make her eat what the vet recommends. It's a powder made from (duh)
barley and Persia adores it. Got me through many a time when she didn't
want to eat what they insisted she did. Good for the coat, too.

Jill

Old September 5th 04, 01:58 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

I tried that Barley cat, and Weeble doesn't care too much for it. Spoiled
brat Same with Lizzie. Anything new they don't like. Maybe I should
put it on Tennessee's & Smokey's food - those two are vacuums

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

"jmcquown" wrote in message