The cheeky little bugger!

Old December 8th 03, 01:47 AM
badwilson

"Marina" wrote in message

"badwilson" wrote
Wow, that *is* cheeky! Your poor mom, I bet she was scared to death.

Oh
well, at least he was found in the end :-)
Vino worries me sometimes. Lately he's taken up this new habit of

getting
up on the highest cabinets when I'm out of the room. When I'm looking

for
him I'm always looking down, never up. Only when I've totally combed

the
house looking in all his usual spots, do I remember to look up. Then

I'll
see him on top of the wardrobe or something, looking very regally down

upon
me. The little bugger ;-)

Frank does the same thing. I remember once, when I was staying out late

and
my Mum had promised to go feed the cats.so they wouldn't starve to death,
the poor dears ;o) . She came in and Nikki went to greet her, but no

Frank.
She looked high and low for him, and started suspecting that he had

managed
to sneak out while she was coming into my flat. She was starting to panic
when she happened to look up, and saw Frank sitting on top of the

bookcase,
looking smugly right at her.He had probably been watching her all the

time,
while she was crawling on the floor peering under the bed and panicking.

Aaargh! They can be so smug at times like that, can't they? LOL!
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply

Old December 14th 03, 09:34 AM
JP Hobbs

So very true Wilson is always scaring me to death this way
even though I know he would never venture into the big bad
world outside Jean P.
m. L. Briggs wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 08:42:53 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"HRFLTiger" wrote in message
. com...
HRFL Tiger is still up to his "evil ******* cat" tricks.

DC has about 4 -5 inches of snow, according to my parents. My mum rang
me in a flat panic earlier (bearing mind DC is 5 hours behind the UK,
and she caught me at 9am my time, so it was 4am her time) because she
was convinced that Tiger had got out of the house, and hadn't come
home. She was beside herself and didn't know what to do.

Apparently, dad had opened the decking doors to go and feed the birds
at about 7pm, and as he came back, he noticed lots of cat prints
around the door, and a black cat in the distance, across the garden.
He immediately assumed it was Tiger and told my mother to check all
the cats to see where they were. Of course, Tiger didn't appear. He'd
just eaten, so he would be unlikely to appear for food either.

They called and called. They searched the house. (Bear in mind, it's a
big 3 story house with lots of rooms.) Then they called and searched
some more. They put on all their out door clothes and got torches and
searched outside - by this time, it was dark and cold outside. They
called and searched some more. By about 2am, mum was panicing because
she had no idea how the hell she was going to tell me that HRFL had
gone missing. So she rang me in tears after searching some more...

As she was sitting on her bed crying, a little black face appeared
between two pillows on her bed. The little sod had been curled up in
the warm, asleep under her duvet in a crack where you couldn't see a
cat sized bump the whole time!!

I think she'll be glad to see him come home - her heart probably won't
stand much more of his antics!

Helen m

I love this story -- and it sounds so typical of cats. I once went back

and
forth through my house, in and out of all rooms, opening closets, etc.
calling and calling for Holly. Like your mother, I was in a panic. I

had
had workers in that day and always watched the door when they entered and
exited, but Holly was missing. After several minutes of searching and a
building sense of panic, I happened to turn around. There was Holly --

she
was right behind me and was following about two paces behind (probably

the
entire time). If cats could say "Duh! Here I am," I'm sure that is what
she would have said.

MaryL

It is especially hard to find them when they match the carpet. I
think "hide and seek" is their favorite game. I sometimes swear they
have the ability to make themself invisible. MLB