Purrs, please, for a lost dog

Old December 26th 03, 07:51 PM
Dan Mahoney

Default Purrs, please, for a lost dog

This morning when my mom was out driving she saw a dog sitting in the
middle of a fairly busy street. It didn't seem to be injured, and was
nice and friendly. She got the dog into her van and took it over to my
brother's place. This dog gets along fine with my brother's dog and cat.

She's a large black dog, very thin, looks to be fairly old, and seems to
have arthritic hips.

When she got into my brother's place, the first thing she did was search
all the rooms. Pat says it looked like she was searching for her people.
She has a collar with a Los Angeles County dog license (LA County is the
next county to the west, but the county line is at least 20 miles away).
Pat called LA County animal Control to get information on the owners,
but the owner's phone number has been disconnected.

This dog is very sweet, very gentle, and loves people. It's obvious that
she misses her human family something awful. Please join me in purring
for this old girl to find her old family, or to find a new family
willing to give her a good home.

Dan

Old December 26th 03, 09:47 PM
Tanada

Dan Mahoney wrote:

This dog is very sweet, very gentle, and loves people. It's obvious that
she misses her human family something awful. Please join me in purring
for this old girl to find her old family, or to find a new family
willing to give her a good home.

Purrs and family thoughts for the lady d*g. Did the pound give you her
name, or any other information about her? Please keep us informed about
her welfare.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine
Old December 26th 03, 10:16 PM
Yowie

"Dan Mahoney" wrote in message
[...]

Poor Doggy!

Lots of purrs, wags, licks and butt-sniffz from the crew here that she will
be united with her hoomins once again.

Yowie

Old December 26th 03, 10:40 PM
polonca12000

Poor doggie! I do so wish she finds someone to love her.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip This dog is very sweet, very gentle, and loves people. It's obvious

Old December 26th 03, 10:59 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 11:51:37 -0800, Dan Mahoney
wrote:

[...]

Purrs that you can find her family.

When I was a kid, in the 60s, we had a german shepherd that
disappeared. This was when we lived in Del Mar, and the San Diego
County fair was going on. Finally, after about a month, my step-Dad
found our dog in the pound up in Oceanside. My memory of the geography
is kind of hazy, but if I remember correctly that's about 40 miles
north of where he went missing. The d*g, name of Rebel, must have
gotten fod poisoning during his travels, as he dropped from about 120
lean pounds to around 70 very skinny pounds, and he never fully
regained the weight.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 26th 03, 11:10 PM
Cheryl

Dan Mahoney wrote in on 26
Dec 2003:

Please join me in purring
for this old girl to find her old family, or to find a new family
willing to give her a good home.

Purrs.........

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller
Old December 26th 03, 11:54 PM
m. L. Briggs

On 26 Dec 2003 23:10:04 GMT, Cheryl
wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote in on 26
Dec 2003:

Please join me in purring
for this old girl to find her old family, or to find a new family
willing to give her a good home.

Purrs.........

Multiple purrs for old dog. A stray adopted us many years ago -- he
was four or five years old. We had him for 14 years. Best purring
wishes for old dog. MLB
Old December 26th 03, 11:54 PM
lrulan

We will purr and pray that someone finds a home for the poor dog. She may
have been abandoned.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old December 27th 03, 01:44 AM
Brenda

[...]

special d*ggie purrs enroute.
Brenda

Old December 27th 03, 01:58 AM
jmcquown

wrote:

[...]

Awwww. I was born in Oceanside. Yes, that was a fur piece (laugh) for the
dog to travel.

I hope this dog gets back to or finds a good home.

Jill