Purrs for My Long-Lost Please

Old December 26th 04, 07:41 PM
jmcquown

Default Purrs for My Long-Lost Please

The poor man has had a hard time of it. He had surgery for diverticulitis
on 12/8. He was in the hospital until 12/14. They told him he could eat
normal food but I don't think the doctor meant pepperoni pizza; it didn't
agree with him. I suggested scrambled eggs or french toast, chicken soup,
something like that... mild, you know? Easy to digest. Lord I wish I could
be there to take care of him!

Anyway, he had an adverse reaction to some antibiotics a couple of days
after he got home. Got that straightened out. Then last week he slid off
the road driving on ice to go to town to get me a card for Christmas. (My
present comes later, he said... like I care; he's too good to me already.)

Last night he started having pains in his lower abdomen. He tolerated it
but then called the doctor who told him to drive to the hospital. He did
and they admitted him. Ran tests; he has an infection. Says he'll be there
for about 5 days.

I gently fussed at him; he was over-doing it way too soon after having his
gut cut open. He said he knows, his doctor said the same thing but he
didn't feel he was over-doing it. Well, now you know. He said I'm such a
sweetie and told me how much he loves me. I said I love you too and dammit,
I'll stop being such a "sweetie" if you don't take care of yourself!

It will be ONE YEAR tomorrow since I located this man and we started talking
again after 24 years! And reunited and have been taking trips together as
he does his art shows. He's truly a great guy.

Purrs please. He's got a neighbor looking after his big long-haired
Kidder-cat, another tiny cat (whose name escapes me) who hides all the time
and mostly eats mice, and three dogs.

Jill

Old December 26th 04, 08:16 PM
Exocat

Big British purrs en route for the guy: he sounds quite a dear. Make
sure you don't mislay him again, eh :-)

Best wishes

Gordon ( who has still to find his own long-lost after 18 years)
Bandit, Pericles & Snowball (who know exactly where everything is
because they're the ones who hid them)

Old December 26th 04, 08:39 PM
Annie Wxill

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.... Purrs please. He's got a neighbor looking after his big long-haired
Kidder-cat, another tiny cat (whose name escapes me) who hides all the
time
and mostly eats mice, and three dogs.

Jill

Wow, a cat that ate three dogs (grin). Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Anyway, purrs for your lost/found love to have a rapid recovery and to be
more careful about what he eats.

We'll add some job purrs for you, too, and best wishes for both of you to
have a wonderful new year.
Annie, instructed by Rosie and Cinder, who think the dog-eating cat is an
inspiration.

Old December 26th 04, 08:40 PM
Jo Firey

"jmcquown" wrote in message

Purrs please. He's got a neighbor looking after his big long-haired
Kidder-cat, another tiny cat (whose name escapes me) who hides all the
time
and mostly eats mice, and three dogs.

Jill

Purrs for course for him. Hard not to overdo when you think you are still a
big tough guy.

Just hope the tiny cat leaves the three dogs alone while he is gone. (You
can guess how I read that sentence.)

Jo

Old December 26th 04, 09:03 PM
Sam Nash

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Big-time purrs on the way for the poor guy to get better (and to wise up
about what he can and can't eat).
Sam

Old December 26th 04, 09:16 PM
Tanada

jmcquown wrote:

Purrs please. He's got a neighbor looking after his big long-haired
Kidder-cat, another tiny cat (whose name escapes me) who hides all the time
and mostly eats mice, and three dogs.

Jill

Purrs and healthy thoughts and wishes for your LLL, Jill. May he
realize that he's not superman and take care of himself, or let you take
care of him as well.

Pam S.

Old December 26th 04, 09:29 PM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:41:39 -0600, jmcquown wrote:

[...]

This is what I tell the "toughies" who think they heal so fast -- "it
takes even a deep scratch 3 weeks to heal".

Sorry about the dogs!!! Happy New Year to all. MLB

Old December 26th 04, 10:18 PM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

Purrs please. He's got a neighbor looking after his big long-haired
Kidder-cat, another tiny cat (whose name escapes me) who hides all the time
and mostly eats mice, and three dogs.

Jill

Absolutely! Our best purrs are on the way.

Dan