HELP! Temporary sitter needed for my two fur babies.

Old September 18th 03, 06:27 PM
Denise VanDyke

Default HELP! Temporary sitter needed for my two fur babies.

Lynn - I'm so sorry to hear that you are in this kind of situation.
Please visit the website for the Red Deer SPCA
(http://www.reddeerspca.com/programs.htm) as they have a program for
emergency housing for pets of women going into the emergency shelter. I
haven't any experience with this program - in fact, I'm not even in
Canada, but I hope that they can help.

- Denise (owned and operated by Brenna in Oregon)

L. Kelly wrote:
I am in a very bad situation here and need to get out of this house. I won't bore you
with all the details, but I will be going into a women's shelter for a short time until I
can find work and get settled again...no cats allowed... :-( What I need is someone to
take my two boys for that time. I''m hoping that it won't be any longer than 2 to 4
weeks, if all goes according to plan.

Brat (Siamese) was declawed on all 4 feet by his previous owner. Linus (Maine Coon) has
not been declawed. Both are neutered and both are well behaved. You can see them by
clicking on the link to my Yahoo album below.

I am looking for someone in Red Deer, Alberta, as that is where I will be moving from
here, and I would like to at least be able to visit with them. I will miss them terribly
and I'm certain that I won't be able to sleep without my bed companions, but as long as I
know I can get them home again, I will get by.

Is there anyone in Red Deer who would be willing to help me out here?....Please?

--
Hugs,
Lynn

*strip CLOTHES to reply*
Homepage:
http://members.shaw.ca/sewfinefashions/
See my boys: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/papavince_29/

Old September 18th 03, 08:34 PM
Karen Chuplis

Here is a link to the Red Deer SPCA which *does* have a program to help
people like you in just this situation. I hope this helps:

http://www.cfhs.ca/humaneeducator/HE.../he01-1p6b.htm

Please let us know you and the boys are OK.

Karen

news

Old September 18th 03, 08:50 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:16:05 GMT, "L. Kelly"
wrote:

[...]

Can only send along prayers and purrs that you'll find someone in the
area who can look after the boys. Hope you can get through this and
find work and reclaim them soon
Old September 19th 03, 12:20 AM
Brenda Watkins

"L. Kelly" wrote in message
news
[...]

I'm afraid I don't live anywhere near you, but we'll be purring that
everything works out okay for you.
Brenda

Old September 19th 03, 12:36 AM
Lois Reay

"Tanada" wrote in message

I can't help you, I'm afraid, with the sitting, but I can offer you
purrs and encouragement and a ready ear. I know that others have given
you the URL for the Red Deer SPCA and you should be able to get help
with the cats through them.

Please take care of yourself, any children you may have, and your self
esteem. If my reading of your domestic situation is correct, you need
to build yourself back up and work your way to the freedom you need.
Our purrs, sympathy, and thoughts are with you.

Welcome to the group and please feel free to come in here at any time
for support and encouragement. You can make a new life for yourself,
and we'll cheer you on as you progress. We look forward to the time
you'll be able to relax and tell us about your kitties.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

Hear, hear I second that.
Best wishes for a happy outcome.

Lois

Old September 19th 03, 12:59 AM
OU812?

L. Kelly wrote:
[...]

Damn Lynn, i wish i was out your way. Best of luck to you. If its what i
think it is, i've been there, done that. Couldn't take my kitties either

Purrrrrrrrrrrs that things will work out for you!

Kristy
--
The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight,
because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.

Old September 19th 03, 01:52 AM
Yowie

"L. Kelly" wrote in message
news
[...]

Sorry, Lynne, I'm pretty much at the opposite end of the planet, so can't
help you in any practical way. That doesn't mean, however, that my thoguths
and prayers aren't with you and your kitties as you find your feet again.

Hugs,

Yowie

Old September 19th 03, 04:12 AM
L. Kelly

Hi Denise,

Thanks so much for this info. I checked out the site and it sounds really good. I will be
contacting them tomorrow to see if they can help me. I certainly would feel better if my
kids are safe!

Thanks again!

Old September 19th 03, 04:14 AM
L. Kelly

Hi Karen,

Thanks for this link. I replied to your email off group and you can ignore that one since
I found this one with the proper link in it. Thanks again!

Old September 19th 03, 04:16 AM
L. Kelly

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your kind and caring words. Although you can't help with my kids, your
sentiments are greatly appreciated. I will update everyone as soon as I get moved,
settled and back online again.