My cat had an accident - I'm sick with worry!

Old June 5th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

Default My cat had an accident - I'm sick with worry!

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 07:28:15 -0500, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"sheelagh" wrote in message
oups.com...

snip

Please read my words carefully, because they were not said to offend
anyone..Far from it..I was trying to point out that I don't judge
everyone by the worst person I know from the same country, as someone
who might have offended me. It is ludicrous to think I would, & is not
the case at all.....& I would hope & like to think the same would
apply were the roles reversed
S.

One of the problems with a thread like this one is that it has become so
entangled that it is often difficult to know who actually what wrote which
words.

Bah! I have completely run out of sympathy for Sheelagh on this
issue. She seems to run into this problem almost on a daily basis.
Above, she is responding to comments directed not toward her, but
toward her fellow babbling Brit, Ms. Bookie.

The solution is to GET A DECENT NEWSREADER. I am trying out the
newest version of Forte Agent, which will cost US$29 if I decide to
keep it past the trial period. Another option is Gravity, which
doesn't cut the mustard for binary groups but is good enough for
general use in discussion groups, and is free to download and use
forever. Either would be a huge improvement compared with Google's
web interface.

Charlie
Old June 5th 07, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:36:01 -0400, "Matthew"
wrote:

"bookie" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 5 Jun, 16:24, "Matthew" wrote:
"sheelagh"

Sheelagh It was nothing even remotely towards you. Mary was right too
long of a thread. It was all towards bookie. My apologies

The pot calling the kettle black was towards the attitude she has with
the
US after I just watched a British news reporter eat a dog in protest
against animal abuse of a fox

eh? when was that? when did I ever sayANYTHING about that? i don;t
even remember that, when was that?

No you never said anything about that I never said you did but calling the
country I live in F@cked up when just this a short time ago on air a news
reporter from your own country did this. That is more F@cked up than I have
seen in a long time.

It's only one of many ****ed up things about Britain. The reason
Bookie can't get any bone is because she lives in a place where the
men go down to the sea with their cabin boys.

Charlie
Old June 5th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 19:47:05 -0700, bookie
wrote:

do you know anything about the falklands war? or the people who live
there? no , thought not, typical yank ignorance again

Oh Christ! I remember the Falklands War. It prompted Maggie Thatcher
to say "Great Britain is Great Again." That line was good for some
laughs here in the U.S., where we have a _real_ navy to talk about.

Charlie
Old June 5th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lis

On Jun 5, 12:20 pm, bookie wrote:
On 5 Jun, 16:24, "Matthew" wrote:

"sheelagh"

Sheelagh It was nothing even remotely towards you. Mary was right too
long of a thread. It was all towards bookie. My apologies

The pot calling the kettle black was towards the attitude she has with the
US after I just watched a British news reporter eat a dog in protest
against animal abuse of a fox

eh? when was that? when did I ever sayANYTHING about that? i don;t
even remember that, when was that?

No, you didn't say anything about it, and Matthew didn't say that you
did. He said that he saw that story, shortly before reading the latest
of your rants about how awful America is--and the incongruity struck
him quite hard. Here's the story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/entertainment/6703423.stm

The idiot in question is a performance artist, not a reporter. He
claims to be a vegetarian. Ate the dog in "protest" against fox
hunting, because it's the Queen's favorite breed.

Lis

Old June 5th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lis

On Jun 5, 6:40 am, sheelagh wrote:
On 5 Jun, 00:15, "Matthew" wrote:

"bookie" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 4 Jun, 17:46, "Matthew" wrote:
"sheelagh" wrote in message

On 3 Jun, 19:06, sheelagh wrote:
On Jun 3, 6:35 pm, "Fred G. Mackey" wrote:
dear oh dear oh dear- Hide quoted text -

Fred...!
Don't ruin my pixel picture of you....

1.If I had said it, does that make Bookie as bad as me?
2.Do you think we all hold the same views?
3.Does that mean if Bookie said so, It is so?
4.we all laugh about each other..Fact!
5.I would like to think that not all Americans are like one of
"our"
more tasteless posters from the USA....?
6.Does that mean if A USA troll posts something rude about me,
that
is
ok, because I am not a USA citizen?

7.We could all learn something from this...

How can you call Bookie for what she has to say when you are
doing
exactly the same thing? Personally, I don't care if you think we
are
all like that, because I know better. I don't "hate you" because
you
come from somewhere different than I do - & nor do I tar you
with
the
same brush as someone who has made very disparaging remarks
about
me,
or the country I live in, simply because that someone comes from
the
USA either......

My point here is that we are all different & most of us have
differing
views on things, but that is not a good reason to class everyone
as
the same as the person who might have offended you.

Mary just has a better way of saying it than I do)
S;o)- Hide quoted text -
Take a Midol or something would you and get over it. It is getting
boring
already- Hide quoted text -

No it is a pill to get over your PMS that you seem to be having for
the
last
week

-

I have a feeling that it is nothing to do with PMs.
It's more to do with berating everyone who acts that way, rather than
just the British ones Matthew, my friend...

Do you think I might be right?
S.

Might be but no reason to take it out on all of us and group us in a hate
mongrel group

But since it has been going on for less than a week I am leaning towards
the
needing of Midol- Hide quoted text -

i don't get PMS, just irked by cretinous yanks who can't admit to the
flaws in their own country

You are acting like it

Yes every country is screwed up specially this one but ain't that the pot
calling the kettle black for the rest of it

You are old enough to know better to know that sex, politics and religion
should never even be discussed among friends unless you want to make enemies
with every word that is typed or spoken

Now get over it and move on for your country is just f@cked up as the one I
live in as everyone else's is.

Lets every one end this BS and get over it for the trolls are circling and
enjoying the spectacle- Hide quoted text -

Yes every country is screwed up specially this one but ain't that the pot
calling the kettle black for the rest of it

You are old enough to know better to know that sex, politics and religion
should never even be discussed among friends unless you want to make enemies
with every word that is typed or spoken

Now get over it and move on for your country is just f@cked up as the one I
live in as everyone Else's is.

Lets every one end this BS and get over it for the trolls are circling and
enjoying the spectacle-

Matthew, I can't remember saying anything offensive to anyone
here...yet which ever post I go to, I find what I have said typed
there. I have sniped the quotes to show you exactly what I said, &
who to as well......

Sheelagh, the irritation that Matthew, I, and others have been
expressing has been pretty explicitly directed at Bookie and her
periodic, unprompted anti-American rants. Not at you.

( the only bit I didn't snip was the conversation between yourself &
Bookie, because that was relevant to this post, because you both
contributed to it in this particular post).......

The words Pot calling the kettle black is one of my most often stated
comments, because quite often I don't feel that I do have the right to
call anyone else names, because I am guilty of it myself...Yet, as I
read through most peoples posts, I am finding myself quoted in almost
every post about this issue. I don't recall bringing politics,
religion, or sex into this issue. The only recollection I have, was a
comment I made about our own leader, Tony Blair in the UK..(who I
didn't vote for & dislike him for who he is & his values... nothing
else!!).....

I have read & re read everything I typed again & again, but I still
can't find anything that I consider derogatory in my post, to warrant
quoting me as doing any of the activities to which I seem to be
accused of.

I have already apologized to MaryL, for not clarifying what I meant
when I said that I was shocked that there was no help for any pets in
need of emergency care, & explained exactly what I meant through my
own research.( I will go back and number the posts that I mean after
this post, so that you can check for yourself mate)....

The only thing that I can think of is that I am in hot water for
trying to diffuse the bad feeling between Fred & Bookie..I have
inspected it again & all I can see are a few questions that were aimed
at trying to say, we all have differing opinions, & that you can't
blame someone else for what someone else thinks & feels....(ie: if
that is how Bookie feels, then it is- there is nothing I can do to
change her mind..) We all have our own values, & I believe that we
have differing opinions on certain subjects. If I have a problem then
it is "my" problem to sort out with the person concerned..Not Bookie's
if you see what I mean? I also stated that I didn't think PMS was
Bookies problem in this instance. Rather it was more to do with
personal values. If you wish to contact me personally, I would be only
too happy to explain it to you. I have no intention of dragging the
group down any further!!
I very much hope that this explains some of the questions left
hanging, & would much prefer that we get away from this subject
ASAP......

No, Bookie's problem is that she's a bigot, that's all. PMS may or may
not be a factor in particular irruptions of it.

Please read my words carefully, because they were not said to offend
anyone..Far from it..I was trying to point out that I don't judge
everyone by the worst person I know from the same country, as someone
who might have offended me. It is ludicrous to think I would, & is not
the case at all.....& I would hope & like to think the same would
apply were the roles reversed

Um. Sheelagh. You don't. Bookie does.

Lis

Old June 5th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"Lis" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 5, 12:20 pm, bookie wrote:
On 5 Jun, 16:24, "Matthew" wrote:

[...]

My mistake about the reporter part the story that was aired here said he was
a local news reporter

Old June 5th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On May 27, 1:50 pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
"Fred G. Mackey" wrote in ...

Calico wrote:

I should mention that this is my brothers cat who passed away a couple
of years ago.

No need to take the cat to a vet if it already passed away. It's time to
bury it.

Damn you're dumb!

Worse than just a troll .... a *cruel* troll. Score = -1

MaryL

I couldn't agree more. I've read a few of Fred writings. They all
seem to be in a similar vein.

Old June 5th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On May 28, 3:31 pm, chatnoir wrote:
On May 27, 3:06 pm, "Fred G. Mackey" wrote:

MaryL wrote:
"Fred G. Mackey" wrote in message

Calico wrote:

I should mention that this is my brothers cat who passed away a couple
of years ago.

No need to take the cat to a vet if it already passed away. It's time to
bury it.

Damn you're dumb!

Worse than just a troll .... a *cruel* troll. Score = -1

This person deserves to be treated cruelly. They let their cat fall out
of a third story window, saw that it was severely injured and waited
until the next day to take it to the vet.

Furthermore, they are hanging on to their cat as if it is somehow a
piece of the brother they lost.

Someone should rescue this feline.

Fred spouts off!:

http://www.thechurning.com/images/hybridmotorcycle.jpg- Hide quoted text -

God what a hoot! Or should I say TOOT! LOL!!!!!!!!

Old June 6th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:19:04 -0400, "Matthew"
wrote:

"Lis" wrote in message

No, you didn't say anything about it, and Matthew didn't say that you
did. He said that he saw that story, shortly before reading the latest
of your rants about how awful America is--and the incongruity struck
him quite hard. Here's the story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/entertainment/6703423.stm

I got a 404 on that link. Here's one that oughta work:

http://www.voanews.com/english/Enter...5-30-voa41.cfm

The idiot in question is a performance artist, not a reporter. He
claims to be a vegetarian. Ate the dog in "protest" against fox
hunting, because it's the Queen's favorite breed.

I was amused that they cooked up a dog that died of natural causes. No
wonder the meat smelled funny and tasted horrible.

Lis

My mistake about the reporter part the story that was aired here said he was
a local news reporter

Here's a sample of some recent British journalism:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxqR5...elated&search=

Ir'a not easy to make Scientologists look good by comparison with
anything, but this guy managed to do it.

Charlie

Old June 6th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 5 Jun, 20:25, Lis wrote:
On Jun 5, 12:20 pm, bookie wrote:

On 5 Jun, 16:24, "Matthew" wrote:

[...]

never saw this particular report, but then i never said that britain
was perfect , far from it, i said that in britain we accept and admit
to our countries flaws, so if it happened it happened,. doesn't mean
to say i supported it or that the majority of the british people
supported it either

so what was his point?

sick with worry about my older cat ms. tonya Cat health & behaviour 3 March 4th 06 03:36 AM
Argh - litterbox accident again Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 24 December 5th 05 03:51 PM
Our cat had a little accident. :( Advice please! John Krystek Cat health & behaviour 82 November 10th 05 07:27 AM
almost-bad accident Pat Cat anecdotes 9 July 25th 05 04:46 AM
GW [OT] Ghostly accident Yowie Cat anecdotes 3 September 22nd 04 02:23 AM