Cooking: fondue sauces?

Old March 23rd 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cooking: fondue sauces?

My fondue set is arriving today!

I'd like to do the beef in oil thing, but I need to find some good
dipping sauce recipes. Anyone have any they'd like to share?

(I'm talking about the kind you dip the meat in *after* it's been
cooked in the fondue pot, not the kind where you dip pre-cooked stuff
into cheese or chocolate.)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 23rd 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
I'd like to do the beef in oil thing, but I need to find some good
dipping sauce recipes. Anyone have any they'd like to share?

Not a fondue sauce, but argentinian chimichurri is awesome with beef.

Chimichurri

1 cup olive oil
1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or apple vinegar)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and let sit for an hour.

Old March 23rd 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Old March 23rd 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Now would I ever post something hard to do
but what I meant are you a person that like real spicy flavors and such. or
a wimp like me. I like a little bite but nothing mouth burning or eye
watering if the recipe calls for a pinch of cayenne I use a dab

Old March 24th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
My fondue set is arriving today!

I'd like to do the beef in oil thing, but I need to find some good
dipping sauce recipes. Anyone have any they'd like to share?

(I'm talking about the kind you dip the meat in *after* it's been
cooked in the fondue pot, not the kind where you dip pre-cooked stuff
into cheese or chocolate.)

The favorite "sauce" around here now days is a good Ranch Dressing spiked
with quite a bit of Chipotle Tabasco Sauce.

Jo

Old March 24th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
My fondue set is arriving today!

I'd like to do the beef in oil thing, but I need to find some good
dipping sauce recipes. Anyone have any they'd like to share?

A few sauces come to mind. There's always the standard teriyaki or soy
based ginger/onion/garlic thing. Or you can try a Hunter's sauce or
Bernaise sauce.

Jill

Old March 24th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-23, Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) penned:
Now would I ever post something hard to do but what I meant are you
a person that like real spicy flavors and such. or a wimp like me. I
like a little bite but nothing mouth burning or eye watering if the
recipe calls for a pinch of cayenne I use a dab

I would probably fit with your description. But DH loves it hot.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 24th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I've never had beef in oil fondue, it sounds greasy to me. My favourite
fondue is beef and pork tenderloin in chicken broth. It's much healthier,
especially since you get enough fat from the dipping sauces.
Some dipping sauces I like are herb butter (blenderize softened butter with
some mustard and herbs), sour cream, taziki (sp?), chutneys...trying to
think here but it's been years. My fondue set has been in storage in
Vancouver for 5 years. I hope to get it back soon.
--
Britta

Old March 24th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-23, pistor penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
I'd like to do the beef in oil thing, but I need to find some good
dipping sauce recipes. Anyone have any they'd like to share?

Not a fondue sauce, but argentinian chimichurri is awesome with beef.

Chimichurri

1 cup olive oil
1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or apple vinegar)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and let sit for an hour.

Thanks! It sounds yummy. Do you have to eat it right away once it's
ready?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully