short disappearance ....

Old July 17th 05, 07:03 PM
CatNipped

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
i sprained my left wrist pretty badly, so typing isn't a fun thing to
do right now ... purrs to those who need 'em.

i practically live online when i'm not out getting myself beat up, so
this is really frustrating!

Oscar is being a sweetie, but she doesn't understand why headbutts to
my sprained wrist (or the other arm, covered in scabs, or walking ob
the bruised leg) aren't welcome right now, poor girl.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Oh my! What happened? Biking accident or martial arts? (just hit 1 or 2 -
save your wrist ;)

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 17th 05, 07:07 PM
Adrian

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
i sprained my left wrist pretty badly, so typing isn't a fun thing to
do right now ... purrs to those who need 'em.

i practically live online when i'm not out getting myself beat up, so
this is really frustrating!

Oscar is being a sweetie, but she doesn't understand why headbutts to
my sprained wrist (or the other arm, covered in scabs, or walking ob
the bruised leg) aren't welcome right now, poor girl.

Purrs for your wrist to get better soon.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old July 17th 05, 07:12 PM
wafflycat

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
i sprained my left wrist pretty badly, so typing isn't a fun thing to
do right now ... purrs to those who need 'em.

Off-roading??? Hope it heals soon!

Cheers, helen s

Old July 17th 05, 07:16 PM
MissysMom

Purrs for your wrist. Hope it heals fast.

--LMM (Little Missy's Mom) and the ever adorable Little Miss

Old July 17th 05, 07:32 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-07-17, CatNipped penned:
Oh my! What happened? Biking accident or martial arts? (just hit
1 or 2 - save your wrist ;)

Mountain biking.

here, this is a description i typed up -- during which i realized
typing wasn't a bright idea, at least not with my left hand:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...f6a0ab1232b7d1

or

http://tinyurl.com/7ckh4

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 17th 05, 07:43 PM

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:04:29 -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama"
wrote:

i sprained my left wrist pretty badly, so typing isn't a fun thing to
do right now ... purrs to those who need 'em.

i practically live online when i'm not out getting myself beat up, so
this is really frustrating!

Oscar is being a sweetie, but she doesn't understand why headbutts to
my sprained wrist (or the other arm, covered in scabs, or walking ob
the bruised leg) aren't welcome right now, poor girl.

So sorry, Monique. Purrs for your wrist to heal quickly!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old July 17th 05, 10:07 PM
Gabey8

OUCH. Mega-OUCH!

Feel better!

BTW, I like this particular response you got on the biking newsgroup:

[[Sorry you're all beat to hell, MM -- rest, ice, compression, elevation
(RICE), AND of course Biofreeze and hi-fat ice cream! (Rub on the former;

consume the latter.) (Umm... never mind.) ]]

I was going to post about RICE, but I see someone else already has.
However, I like his addition of "ice cream" to the health-care advice. Now
that's MY kind of first aid. ;o)

BTW... depending on what kind of lidocaine you got for the sunburn, maybe
you can see if it's helpful for the road rash pain. If it's OK to apply it
to abrasions, go for it.

Purrs are en route for you to feel better ASAP.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old July 17th 05, 10:11 PM
Gabey8

[[Oscar is being a sweetie, but she doesn't understand why headbutts to
my sprained wrist (or the other arm, covered in scabs, or walking ob
the bruised leg) aren't welcome right now, poor girl.]]

Melody (RB) could've related. When I was recovering from a dislocated
kneecap, and still icing my knee as often as humanly possible, Melody
didn't understand why I couldn't bear the weight of even a wee kitty like
herself in my lap. She was a total Lap Fungus and was NOT pleased that I
wasn't letting her park there. Worse yet, she couldn't understand why I
wanted to put that hideous cold, wet bag of ice cubes on my knee, instead
of letting HER sit there.

She stared up at me with a "Humans are nuts!" expression, and curled up
NEXT to me instead. But she wasn't happy about it.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley