Not sure what to do now

Old August 6th 12, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

Default Not sure what to do now

all of mine eat the k/d kibble and nobody has starved, lol, Lee
"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"MLB" wrote in message ...

On 07/29/2012 06:58 PM, Joy wrote:
wrote in message
Persia does not like the Royal Canin or the Prescription Hill's k/d
canned
food the vet said she should eat. (They sold me both brands so I could
see which she liked better... the answer is neither one.) She was
merely
picking at it, just eating enough to stave off hunger pangs.

(snippage)

Each vet seems to have his or her own opinion about matters like this.
Mine
said, "The important thing is that she eat. If she won't eat the food
that's best for her, feed her what she will eat." It is possible that
not
having the special food will shorten her life, but so will not eating at
all.

(snippage)

Joy

IMHO Give her what makes her happy! MLB

I just went to the store to stock up on Fancy Feast and a couple of cans
of Friskies. She's chowing down! Forget the expensive R/x food. I'll
give her whatever she wants, so long as she eats. Thanks everyone for
the support and encouragement.

Don't discount the Rx food suiting her yet. If you suddenly switch food
(a
lot of people do this when the vet has advised it) it will often upset
their
tummies. Try again with, say, 1/4 kidney diet mixed with 3/4 of her
usual
for a week and up the proportion of KD weekly until within 4-6 weeks she
is
on the Rx food completely. It really does lengthen their life if you can
get them on to it. Yes, it's expensive, I know. I also know what living
on
very small income means as I'm doing it atm.

Please don't make a decision yet about giving Persia everything she wants
to eat regardless, I don't think she's got to that stage.
Tweed
*****************
Yesterday I started mixing a little of the canned k/d with some Fancy
Feast. She eats it but she definitely knows it's not all FF! At least
it's not making her ill.

Also, they make the feline k/d in kibble form. Since I know Persia drinks
a lot of water anyway, I'll ask the vet about trying some of that instead
with a little FF as a treat a few times a week. An 8.5 oz. bag of the
kibble is a lot less expensive than what I paid for 8 cans of canned!

Thanks again to everyone.

Jill

Old August 6th 12, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

not sure how often but its a start, Lee
"jmcquown" wrote in message
I'm glad to see you back, Lee

Jill

Old August 6th 12, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

thanks, Lee
"Judith Latham" wrote in message
Me too.