I GOT IT!!!

Old August 13th 03, 02:34 AM
catsruleok

"beatles9091" wrote in message
Thanks to the many purrs, prayers, and d*ggie slobber offered, I am now the
new copy editor for our local newspaper!!!!!

They didn't call back for a couple of weeks after my initial interview so I
thought 'Well, crud!' Then I got word last night they wanted to talk to me
again so I went in today. At the end of the discussion, they offered me the
position and I, of course, nonchalantly (heck...I almost tripped over my
tongue) accepted.

It's for a two trial period and if I appear to get the hang of it, I'll be
hired permanently.

So, gang, please again...purrs, prayers, and yes, even d*ggie slobber will
be accepted so I don't make a big fool out of myself for the next two weeks
(I start next Monday).

Thanks again for all the kind thoughts.....

Roger

Many congratulations. Will hope to read further excellent news in two weeks time .

Am raising a glass to your current triumph

Sheenah.

Old August 13th 03, 02:36 AM
Byron & Christine Burel

[...]

Congratulations, Roger! Purrs continuing that all will work out well!
Christine

Old August 13th 03, 04:03 AM
Tanada

beatles9091 wrote:

It's for a two trial period and if I appear to get the hang of it, I'll be
hired permanently.

So, gang, please again...purrs, prayers, and yes, even d*ggie slobber will
be accepted so I don't make a big fool out of myself for the next two weeks
(I start next Monday).

Roger, anyone who writes as well as you, will have no problems being an
excellent copy editor. We'd let you practice on our writing in here,
but you'd be too busy to do the job you're going to be paid for.
Congratulations, and good luck. You'll do fine.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine
Old August 13th 03, 04:37 AM
Sam Nash

[...]

Way to go, Roger! Best of luck!
Sam

Old August 13th 03, 05:38 AM
Marina

"beatles9091" wrote
Thanks to the many purrs, prayers, and d*ggie slobber offered, I am now

the
new copy editor for our local newspaper!!!!!

Oh, that is excellent news, Roger! We are so happy for you, and sure you
will make it through the two weeks with flying colours. Many purrs and best
wishes!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old August 13th 03, 07:43 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:30:36 -0500, "beatles9091"
wrote:

Thanks to the many purrs, prayers, and d*ggie slobber offered, I am now the
new copy editor for our local newspaper!!!!!

:snip

congratulations - hope it turns out to be your dream job
Old August 13th 03, 09:47 AM
lewe

Congrats and good luck!

--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old August 13th 03, 11:51 AM
beatles9091

"Sherry " wrote in message
Thanks to the many purrs, prayers, and d*ggie slobber offered, I am now

the
new copy editor for our local newspaper!!!!!

Yay!! I think you'll like it. You've worked at newspaper before, right? I
thought I remembered reading that in one of your posts. Keep us posted!! I

miss
newspaper a lot. I miss saying
"Let's put this puppy in a sack."
Which means, the last page has gone to the pressroom. I worked at

newspapers
through the transition from linotype, and on to the transition from cold

type
to desktop publishing. Which makes me rather an antique.

Sherry

No, Sherry, I've written plenty of articles for our base newspaper but I've
never actually done layout work. I was talking with my new boss and the
stuff he was telling me was fascinating. I hope I can retain all that stuff
in my puny brain!

'"Let's put this puppy in a sack!" (I love it!!)

Roger

Old August 13th 03, 03:09 PM
badwilson

That's great, congratulations! Sounds like a fun job.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at: