Cats Need Good Home

Old May 29th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
[email protected]

Default Cats Need Good Home

My family is very sad about this, but we must find new homes for our
cats. My wife has developed allergies, that over the lastg three
years have become so severe she is now on asthma medication.

We can't bear the thought of our 'children' being euthanised at a
local shelter. We found a no-kill shelter (The Northeast Tennessee
Animal League), but it is beyond full, and the people who run it have
no suggestions as to where else we might turn.

Our cats are all adults - two males and a female - all spayed and
neutered. They are six, nine and ten years old and free of disease.
The female cat spends most of her time outside and is a first rate
hunter of rodents and birds. The two males lead a more leisurely
life, mostly indoors.

We live in Southwest Virginia, not far from the Tennessee border. If
you can provide a good, loving home or have advice, please let us
know.

Thanks.

Old September 15th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Chris[_3_]

While I have sympathy for allergies, I am surprised you would even
entertain the thought of killing off your "children."

Find a family or an elderly person willing to care for and love the
cats, and place them there.

Then YOU pay for food, litter, and vet bills (approved by you, of
course). That way you continue to shoulder the responsibilities you
took on when you took these cats on over the years, and they are not
punished because allergies developed over a ten year period.

You could also consider thoroughly vacuuming daily, dusting, and
shampooing any carpets every week or so with an anti-allergen shampoo.

Then the cats could stay in their own home.