RPCA Meet-up next year...

Old March 24th 08, 12:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default RPCA Meet-up next year...

Charleen and I were talking on Saturday evening and we've come up with
an idea. )

She mentioned that she has met several catslaves who live in the
Florida area. I've met several catslaves who live in the DC area. We
were thinking, as the idea has been muted several times, of perhaps
organising a Catslaves conference in Orlando next year. (18 months
away). The long time span would be to allow people to save up for
flights etc, there are a couple of people in the Orlando area who
would be willing to help organise stuff, and the reason i suggest
Orlando, is because we (me) can get cheap flights from Europe and we
(I) could tie it into a vaccation to visit Florida.

Who would be interetsted?

Helen M
Old March 24th 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Mar 24, 12:48*pm, Victor Martinez wrote:
wrote:
Who would be interetsted?

I think it would be great! May I suggest putting together some kind of
poll to see if that is the meeting place that would attract the most
rpca folks? There are great airfare deals from Europe to pretty much any
major airport in the US. Some of the main ones that come to mind:

Houston (IAH)
Dallas (DFW)
Atlanta (I hear it's hell to fly through that one though)
Chicago (ditto)
NYC area (JFK, LGA)
Seattle (SEA)
Miami (MIA)

Something to think about.

Victor

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Reason I suggested Orlando, is because Charleen is willing to try and
organise things at her end, but I like your idea.

Helen M
Old March 24th 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Who would be interetsted?

Helen M

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Dan
Old March 24th 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

wrote in message
Charleen and I were talking on Saturday evening and we've come up with
an idea. )

She mentioned that she has met several catslaves who live in the
Florida area. I've met several catslaves who live in the DC area. We
were thinking, as the idea has been muted several times, of perhaps
organising a Catslaves conference in Orlando next year. (18 months
away). The long time span would be to allow people to save up for
flights etc, there are a couple of people in the Orlando area who
would be willing to help organise stuff, and the reason i suggest
Orlando, is because we (me) can get cheap flights from Europe and we
(I) could tie it into a vaccation to visit Florida.

Who would be interetsted?

Helen M

I love the idea. Don't know if I could be there but you never know.

One concern counting forward 18 months would be September. Isn't that the
heart of hurricane season?

I'm not sure. We are going to San Antonio this September and then maybe on
to Florida to see my sister, but i was worried about storms. They aren't a
big deal for one family, you can scram like everyone else. But it could
present a problem for a large group.

Jo

Jo

Old March 24th 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

One concern counting forward 18 months would be September. *Isn't that the
heart of hurricane season?

I'm not sure. *We are going to San Antonio this September and then maybe *on
to Florida to see my sister, but i was worried about storms. *They aren't a
big deal for one family, you can scram like everyone else. *But it could
present a problem for a large group.

Jo

Hmmmm... food for thought. I was actually thinking around May-August,
and Orlando is only one idea.

Helen M

Lost my 19.5 year old... possibly adopting a 3 year old [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 3 December 1st 05 05:00 AM
OT Meet Gus Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 2 October 23rd 05 08:01 PM
Going to meet the baby Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 18 July 6th 05 01:24 AM
Our 4 Year Year Old Kitty Died Out of the Blue!!!! MOSFET Cats - misc 2 April 5th 05 12:20 PM
O.T. spinal surgery & RPCA we will meet Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 84 April 26th 04 10:40 PM