Where's my rabbit surprise?

Old April 29th 13, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
nik Simpson

Default Where's my rabbit surprise?

It's spring and my cats are "hunting wabbit". Woke up this morning and
the living room was covered in rabbit fur, but no sign of the
unfortunate owner of the fur. So far no sign of the corpse, though
Custer is looking smug, either because of he's full of fresh rabbit, or
because the corpse is still to be found.
--
Nik Simpson
Old May 1st 13, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"nik Simpson" wrote in message
It's spring and my cats are "hunting wabbit". Woke up this morning and the
living room was covered in rabbit fur, but no sign of the unfortunate
owner of the fur. So far no sign of the corpse, though Custer is looking
smug, either because of he's full of fresh rabbit, or because the corpse
is still to be found.
--
Nik Simpson

I would be quite pleased if Boyfie brought me a rabbit so I could eat it
myself.
He killed a collared dove recently for the first time in years and ate it
himself. Pity that is, as I can make a nice casserole from a whole one but
not from two wings and one leg which he left me..
Tweed

Tweed

Old May 3rd 13, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
:

In the apartment block that my FIL lived in, they had a resident, Wesley,
cat who used to visit Dad (who was not a great animal lover but who
wouldn't hurt one) . one day Dad said to Wesley that as he was using his
sofa and heating he could at least bring him a rabbit for his tea. Two
days later Wesley turned up at Dad's door with a nice fresh dead wild
rabbit, Dad was very impressed but didn't eat it just in case.

Judith

In case of what? That rabbit would have been in my pot or oven within an
hour with some casserole veggies around it..

Tweed

Old May 3rd 13, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
:

In the apartment block that my FIL lived in, they had a resident,
Wesley, cat who used to visit Dad (who was not a great animal lover
but who wouldn't hurt one) . one day Dad said to Wesley that as he was
using his sofa and heating he could at least bring him a rabbit for
his tea. Two days later Wesley turned up at Dad's door with a nice
fresh dead wild rabbit, Dad was very impressed but didn't eat it just
in case.

Judith

In case of what? That rabbit would have been in my pot or oven within an
hour with some casserole veggies around it..

Tweed

In case it had had an infection. Dad was a townee through and through.

Judith

Enough said.
If Boyfie ever brought a rabbit home (and he always brings his catches to
show me) it would be me that ate it.

Old May 3rd 13, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:
"Judith Latham" wrote in message
:

In the apartment block that my FIL lived in, they had a resident, Wesley,
cat who used to visit Dad (who was not a great animal lover but who
wouldn't hurt one) . one day Dad said to Wesley that as he was using his
sofa and heating he could at least bring him a rabbit for his tea. Two
days later Wesley turned up at Dad's door with a nice fresh dead wild
rabbit, Dad was very impressed but didn't eat it just in case.

Judith

In case of what? That rabbit would have been in my pot or oven within an
hour with some casserole veggies around it..

Tweed

Of course, I personally don't care for rabbit meat, but I agree with
your premise. Unless you prefer your rabbit rare (does anyone?),
thorough cooking should kill any resident salmonella (or e coli, or
other bacteria).
Old May 4th 13, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Wild rabbits, as far as I know don't have salmonella. I am very happy to
eat them.

Old May 9th 13, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nik Simpson[_2_]

Never did the find the rest of the rabbit, I can only assume that it
went inside Custer ;-)

--
Nik Simpson
Old May 11th 13, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Nik Simpson" wrote in message
Never did the find the rest of the rabbit, I can only assume that it went
inside Custer ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

Probably. Boyfie only left one leg and two wings from his collared dove.
If he caught a rabbit he might have left the long leg bones but other than
that he would have eaten everything. Fur, ears, skull.
It's how cats live if they are abandoned.
(Kitty taught him this) as they were both abandoned at some point in their
lives.

We have a rabbit. Pat[_3_] Cat anecdotes 23 May 2nd 11 03:33 AM
LOL Rabbit jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 April 12th 08 01:57 AM
the rabbit [email protected] Cat anecdotes 2 September 16th 07 10:20 AM
Not cat nor rabbit but cute. James Cat health & behaviour 2 September 3rd 07 05:47 PM
Rabbit leg Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 1 January 27th 05 02:26 PM