Spicey comes downstairs

Old October 29th 12, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Spicey comes downstairs

Yesterday, I decided that it was time to give Spicey limited access to even
more of the house, and moved the screen gate downstairs. Now, she came come
almost right up to one of Buster's favorite sleeping spots, and the hallway
where Dot and Buster go to drink water.

The first day, Spicey was awfully excited. I heard her running up and down
the stairs intermittently all night. It sounded like I had squirrels in the
attic.

She'd also occasionally try to go right up to Buster, only to be stopped by
the screen. The first few times, Buster backed up sideways with a fully
fluffed tail, but since then, he's become less defensive.

Spicey still spends most of her time upstairs, but when she hears a lot of
activity downstairs, such as when I'm cooking, getting ready for work, or
playing with Dot and Buster, Spicey cries and cries and comes downstairs to
look for me.

I still go upstairs to see Spicey too, of course. She'll usually come down
when she hears me open the gate, then follow me very closely up the steps.
Today, as I was closing the gate, I took a small step backwards, and felt
myself slightly tromp on Spicey's paw.

OMG, I'm dead. In case I hadn't mentioned this before, Spicey attacks
ankles. Not only do I have scars from the last few weeks, but I have scars
from Spicey from *a year ago* (when I was at Suz's), which *still hurt*.

But Spicey just gave a sad cry and whinged back. Oh. Sorry little one! Why
didn't you attack Daddy? I guess I'll never be able to quite predict you.
Old October 29th 12, 11:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

Of course not! She's a tortie and she's got "tortie-tude!"

I'm glad she's adjusting so well. Good work!

Debby
Old October 29th 12, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 04:14:31 -0700 (PDT), Debby Hanoka
wrote:
Of course not! She's a tortie and she's got "tortie-tude!"

I'm glad she's adjusting so well. Good work!

They're coming along pretty well! They obviously want to meet - but for
what purpose, I don't know yet.

It's Spicey every day Takayuki Cat anecdotes 11 October 9th 12 08:48 PM
Where's Spicey? Joy Cat anecdotes 1 October 8th 12 11:23 PM
Spicey explores Takayuki Cat anecdotes 11 October 8th 12 02:19 AM
OT "Upstairs, Downstairs" EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) Cat anecdotes 3 April 20th 11 08:05 PM
How to get downstairs Kreisleriana[_3_] Cat anecdotes 13 November 12th 08 01:36 AM