Little present

Old October 24th 12, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Little present

On the doormat, a small rattie baby, deceased. At least he's stopped
putting them on the carpet in front of my kettle which guarantees me
stepping on it for a surprise in the early morning ;-)

Old October 24th 12, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
On the doormat, a small rattie baby, deceased. At least he's
stopped putting them on the carpet in front of my kettle which
guarantees me stepping on it for a surprise in the early
morning ;-)

Of course, you told him what a good boy he is :-)

--
Matsav

Old October 25th 12, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MatSav" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
On the doormat, a small rattie baby, deceased. At least he's stopped
putting them on the carpet in front of my kettle which guarantees me
stepping on it for a surprise in the early morning ;-)

Of course, you told him what a good boy he is :-)

I think he probably got it on his "last minute patrol before bedtime" the
previous night. Now it's nippy I keep the back door closed and he often
doesn't meow to come back in, so he will have dumped it maybe an hour before
I insist he's in for the night. He will have lost interest in pointing it
out to me by then.

He was still in bed when I found it and disposed of it, so he got no credit.
Not to worry, where there's one little rat, there's a litter so I'm
expecting a few more presents in the next 2-3 weeks, I'll praise him then.
After that, they'll be too big for him.

Some cats are up for challenging and killing quite big rats. Boyfie isn't
one of them. He's likes his hunting to be quite non-confrontational - like
the rest of his life.

My grandfather used to feed a big black feral-type tomcat in his garden. My
grandfather kept chickens too, and where you have chickens (or pigs) you'll
always get rats. This cat really earned his keep, no rat was too big for
him to kill.
My grandfather liked cats, but my grandmother didn't, so no chance of him
being a house cat. Having cats neutered or spayed as a matter of course
was a way away then. All boy cats were intact and all girls had their
kittens drowned.

I remember an argument about it.
I was maybe 3 or 4 and I actually remember that cat being quite stinky but
I thought that's what cats were like so I couldn't understand my
grandmother's objections.
I also remember picking him up. I was so small at the time that his feet
dragged on the floor. He did not scratch me, this big half-feral intact
black tomcat who killed huge rats as soon as look at them, just dangled from
my tiny hands.
Tweed