Christian The Lion

Old July 30th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
LauraM[_2_]

Default Christian The Lion

Have you all seen this? It's truly amazing. If you scroll down,
there's a video you can watch that summarizes what the text says.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/christian.asp
Old July 30th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"LauraM" wrote in message
Have you all seen this? It's truly amazing. If you scroll down,
there's a video you can watch that summarizes what the text says.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/christian.asp

That was really beautiful. Thanks for posting it.

Old July 31st 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rona Y.

On Jul 30, 9:11*am, LauraM wrote:
Have you all seen this? *It's truly amazing. *If you scroll down,
there's a video you can watch that summarizes what the text says.http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/christian.asp

The entire documentary is available on youtube, too, if anyone is
interested in watching it. I watched it a couple of months ago (it's
long!), but it's such a great story. For some reason, it has hit mass
media in the last couple of weeks and the video (or one of the many
versions of the video--my favourite is the one with the Aerosmith
song--it ends with something like, "A pet's love is forever!") has
appeared on The View, The Today Show, etc. The best part about the
recent exposure is that they interviewed Ace Bourke and John Rendall
on the Today Show today! They're definitely not hippies anymore!

BTW, there are some inaccuracies with the story as on Snopes. The
video of the reunion was taken in 1972, 1 year after Christian arrived
in Africa, not in 1974, and he did not have cubs at the time. The
story on Snopes about Christian waiting for Ace and John with his cubs
did happen in 1974, but that was not videotaped.

If you want to read an update on the story, and watch the Today Show
interview with Ace Bourke and John Rendall, it's at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25797678/
but I don't know how long it will be available.
Old August 2nd 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
LauraM[_2_]

Default BUMP: Christian The Lion - So Heartwarming!

On Jul 30, 7:34*pm, "Rona Y." wrote:
On Jul 30, 9:11*am, LauraM wrote:

[...]

Didn't know if some of you missed this, but it's the most heart-
warming video of a lion I've ever seen. So sweet!!
Old August 2nd 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
LauraM wrote:
On Jul 30, 7:34*pm, "Rona Y." wrote:
On Jul 30, 9:11*am, LauraM wrote:

[...]

Here's another nice one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bicIwwQhNtc

This one's not as heart-warming, but it's kinda funny
if you take the lion's perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9te_DPwD19A
Old August 2nd 08, 05:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
LauraM[_2_]

On Aug 1, 7:19*pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
In article ,

LauraM wrote:
On Jul 30, 7:34*pm, "Rona Y." wrote:
On Jul 30, 9:11*am, LauraM wrote:

[...]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9te_DPwD19A- Hide quoted text -

OMG...that lion is absolutely adorable. I'd love to bury my face in
his mane. As for the antelope or whatever it was that ran into the
tree. OUCH!

Thanks for those...
Old August 16th 08, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stampir

"LauraM" wrote in message
Have you all seen this? It's truly amazing. If you scroll down,
there's a video you can watch that summarizes what the text says.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/christian.asp

Nice story. Who says cats aren't loyal?