Ping: Pam (OT)

Old April 8th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Ping: Pam (OT)

I can't use the mypay site. I called DFAS this morning. Yes, I actually
spoke with a real person! Didn't take long at all. Problem is, as you
surmised, he's dead. So even though he never used (or probably even knew
about) mypay, there's no way to access his information on the mypay site. I
did request a copy but got the usual "7-14 business days" spiel which
doesn't help a bit since taxes are due a week from tomorrow. So I had to
call the tax person and tell her she'll just have to file for an extension.
(sigh)

Jill

Old April 8th 08, 07:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Pam (OT)

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
I can't use the mypay site. I called DFAS this morning. Yes, I actually
spoke with a real person! Didn't take long at all. Problem is, as you
surmised, he's dead. So even though he never used (or probably even knew
about) mypay, there's no way to access his information on the mypay site.
I did request a copy but got the usual "7-14 business days" spiel which
doesn't help a bit since taxes are due a week from tomorrow. So I had to
call the tax person and tell her she'll just have to file for an extension.
(sigh)

You dun good Jill. The military is slow to giveth and quick to taketh away.
They probably had your dad's information locked down before they got the
death notice. Good luck on the extension. I'm sure you remember that any
taxes must be paid by the tax date. Extensions don't apply to payments
owed. I'm fortunate, we never owed anything when we were late filing. Hugs
and sympathy for you and your mom. Are you and Persia going to re-join her
at the island after you get back to Memphis?

Pam S.

Old April 8th 08, 12:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
I can't use the mypay site. I called DFAS this morning. Yes, I
actually spoke with a real person! Didn't take long at all.

You dun good Jill. The military is slow to giveth and quick to
taketh away. They probably had your dad's information locked down
before they got the death notice. Good luck on the extension. I'm
sure you remember that any taxes must be paid by the tax date. Extensions
don't apply to payments owed. I'm fortunate, we never
owed anything when we were late filing. Hugs and sympathy for you
and your mom. Are you and Persia going to re-join her at the island
after you get back to Memphis?
Pam S.

I don't know a thing about extensions. Don't we have to have the form to
figure out taxes owed? My folks have been paying estimated quarterly taxes
for for years, but they get forms for that. I told her tax preparer
yesterday we won't get this 1099R until after the 15th. She said she'd let
me know what she's going to do.

I'll drive back with Persia. I'd like to be home for a few weeks, maybe a
month. Gotta figure out if there's anything cooler for me to wear around
here than shorts & tank tops... I may have to become a nudist LOL (Somehow
I don't think the island association would approve.)

Jill

Old April 8th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
snip
I may have to become a nudist LOL (Somehow I don't think the island
association would
approve.)
Jill

JPEGs?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 8th 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Adrian wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
snip
I may have to become a nudist LOL (Somehow I don't think the island
association would
approve.)
Jill

JPEGs?

Not on your life! LOL

Old April 9th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"jmcquown" wrote in message

I don't know a thing about extensions. Don't we have to have the form to
figure out taxes owed? My folks have been paying estimated quarterly
taxes for for years, but they get forms for that. I told her tax preparer
yesterday we won't get this 1099R until after the 15th. She said she'd
let me know what she's going to do.

I'll drive back with Persia. I'd like to be home for a few weeks, maybe a
month. Gotta figure out if there's anything cooler for me to wear around
here than shorts & tank tops... I may have to become a nudist LOL
(Somehow I don't think the island association would approve.)

I find that light flowing style dresses (dare I say the dreaded muu muu?)
work better than tight clothing. If I could get away with it, I'd wear thin
nightgowns all day long. We keep fans in most of our rooms because I tend
to over heat and I also wear t shirts, light cotton or linen shirts and
shorts, and I drink a lot of water and ice tea.

Pam S.

Old April 9th 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

I'll drive back with Persia. I'd like to be home for a few weeks,
maybe a month. Gotta figure out if there's anything cooler for me
to wear around here than shorts & tank tops... I may have to become
a nudist LOL (Somehow I don't think the island association would
approve.)

I find that light flowing style dresses (dare I say the dreaded muu
muu?) work better than tight clothing. If I could get away with it,
I'd wear thin nightgowns all day long. We keep fans in most of our
rooms because I tend to over heat and I also wear t shirts, light
cotton or linen shirts and shorts, and I drink a lot of water and ice
tea.
Pam S.

LOL I don't own any muumuu's but I do have a caftan I actually prefer
sundresses over shorts so I'll have to go through my closet.

Jill --sitting here in "shorts pajamas"

Old April 9th 08, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
tanadashoes wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Can you tell I ain't from around here? The heat gets to me. The humidity
really gets to me. I'm used to being from extreme land in Eastern
Washington State. I also prefer sun dresses, but the state my anatomy is
in, people would run screaming into the streets if I were to run around in
them. Hence the natural fiber pants and shorts. I can cover and disguise
more with them and I don't have to worry about my extreme lack of a waist or
the fact that my boobs talk to my knees on a regular basis. Scary, aren't
I?

Pam S.

Old April 11th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

There shouldn't be any problem. Sounds like the same preparer has been
doing their returns so would know almost exactly what is on the missing
1099R. Just a matter of filling the form with anything that might still be
due, as well as figuring out the first estimate for 2008.

Jo

Ping Sam GaDragonfly Cat anecdotes 0 January 18th 08 05:31 AM
Ping: Eva cindys Cat health & behaviour 2 March 20th 07 07:35 PM
PING Pat NMR Cat anecdotes 0 December 25th 05 09:34 PM
Ping Jen, How is Your Boy? Help Mary Cat health & behaviour 0 June 6th 05 12:20 AM
PING: Pat Sherry Cat anecdotes 69 July 22nd 04 02:48 PM