OT Yahoo mail

Old April 10th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default OT Yahoo mail

"Yowie" wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
Marina wrote:
Yowie wrote:
I'm now in the same boat, Marina, with forgetting my Click & Buy
password, except that the instruction page is in German, and seems
to think I am from Germany. The only saving grace is that alot of
German words look & sound a bit like their English counterpart. I
*think* I've asked it for my password, but haveno idea whether the
username is the right one, and so far, nothing has turned up in my
Yahoo mail. I may have to create a new account - most frustrating.
Wish they
could just do this via Paypal or something civilised :-)

When I first went there, I actually got the page in Finnish! Here's
the English one: http://www.clickandbuy.com/UK/en/

Eventually I just rang them (I shudder to think how much that cost -
and they had the audacity to keep me on hold too!). As it turns out,
for some mad reason i had given them my g-mail e-mail addy, rather
than one of my numerous other ones that I happen to actually check
every day, which is why i wasn't getting the updates nor was I
getting the 'password reset' emails.

All this just because my credit card happened to expire - most
frustrating.

But the good news is that even though the phone call was probably
some hideous cost (I don't want to know) they updated my credit card
details in three seconds, something I hadn't been able to do in
*days*. They also told me what e-mail address to look at (hence, I
now know it was gmail not yahoo) and kindly sent me (via gmail) an
update on my details. Hopefully I'll remember my password next year
when this all happens again. Still don't like the payment system, but
NIN is worth the annual
pain. Yowie

I'm still grumbling. I have to open a new account as I can't make
the phone call. It isn't that difficult so I'm not so sure why I
don't just do it. I'm using my ISP to get the groups now and there is
only one group I sort I like I can't access. They aren't great a
filtering junk.
Speaking of griping about things I cannot change, and yes Yahoo is the
problem with this one.

Each and every day I open my inbox, which may or may not download one
to three or more copies of every email I've received in the last
several day.
And at least a few of them will happily announce "I've found you a
new job!"

Usually in the medical billing field where I wouldn't have been
caught dead when I did work.

I can't seem to kill file or rule out the darn things. I suspect
they would bother be even more if I actually wanted and needed a job.

Rant mode off. Crawling back into my cave for the duration.

That might be your 'pop' settings. I get that sometimes, and its usually
when OE 'forgets' to send the 'delete after download' message, so I keep
downloading the message until the 'delete' finally gets through.

Yowie

Thanks. I know I'm getting old. Forgetting things I'd have been reminding
others to do not so very long ago.

I went into the options and accounts setting and found that some of them
were no longer how I set them. I also unchecked and rechecked things like
put before a message you are replying to. Lots of stuff is now working
better and the email seems to be getting deleted from the server again like
it should.

I also need to clean out and dump some things and probably purge the Block
Sender file.

Again thanks.

Jo

Old April 12th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Marina wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble with their yahoo mail account? I can't
connect to the mail server, just get an error message every time, saying
it can't connect. I've been trying the past 12 hours, off and on.

I don't check it often, so I don't know how long this has been going on.
It's frustrating, because I need to renew my subscription of
news.individual.net, and I can't remember my password for Click&Buy, and
they should send a temporary one to my Yahoo mail. But I can't access my
Yaho mail. I've had to fall back on my ISP's news server.

Lots of purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Yahoo photos closing Karen Cat anecdotes 7 June 25th 07 11:56 PM
pic from yahoo yepp Cat anecdotes 4 June 30th 05 07:03 PM
Yahoo photos Candace Cat health & behaviour 5 May 2nd 05 12:58 PM
Yahoo! spying Stormin Mormon Cat anecdotes 1 December 14th 04 08:53 PM