[OT] Keating! The musical

Old August 20th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default [OT] Keating! The musical

Totally and utterly OT, but had to share.

I just finished watching a live broadcast of Keating! the musical. I was
not only blown away by the performance, the talent, the music, and a
good deal of nostalgia, I was also struck by how unusual it is.

I mean, where else would you get to see a musical about the rise and
fall of a country's Prime Minister between 1991 and 1996? A *comedy*
musical at that?

If any of you folks get a chance, have a look anyway (I'm sure its about
to arrive on YouTube). On its own, its a worthy musical. But if you
know anything about our Aussie politics at the time, its also hilarious.

Yowie
Old August 20th 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
Totally and utterly OT, but had to share.

I just finished watching a live broadcast of Keating! the musical. I was
not only blown away by the performance, the talent, the music, and a good
deal of nostalgia, I was also struck by how unusual it is.

I mean, where else would you get to see a musical about the rise and fall
of a country's Prime Minister between 1991 and 1996? A *comedy* musical at
that?

If any of you folks get a chance, have a look anyway (I'm sure its about
to arrive on YouTube). On its own, its a worthy musical. But if you know
anything about our Aussie politics at the time, its also hilarious.

Yowie

I remember the furor when the Parliament cappucino machine broke. :P

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 21st 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ollie2

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

"Yowie" wrote in message
Totally and utterly OT, but had to share.

I just finished watching a live broadcast of Keating! the musical. I was
not only blown away by the performance, the talent, the music, and a good
deal of nostalgia, I was also struck by how unusual it is.

I mean, where else would you get to see a musical about the rise and fall
of a country's Prime Minister between 1991 and 1996? A *comedy* musical
at that?

If any of you folks get a chance, have a look anyway (I'm sure its about
to arrive on YouTube). On its own, its a worthy musical. But if you know
anything about our Aussie politics at the time, its also hilarious.

Yowie

I remember the furor when the Parliament cappucino machine broke. :P

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Yowie, I was just trying to think, Was Keating the Prime Minister who
put his hand on the bum of the Queen ostensibly to guide her into some
place he wanted her to see? Of course, putting a hand on any part of
the Royal Person is strictly a "NO NO NO"

I can remember the fun the Press had over the incident.

Bev

Old August 21st 08, 08:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Yup, thats PJK. And it wasn't her bum, it was a gentle arm around her waist,
as you would to any dignified matriach.

The Queen didn't seem to mind, although the rest of the world seemed oddly
outraged.

Yowie