Do our cats control us?

Old August 21st 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Do our cats control us?

That's a silly question. Of course our cats control us. It's in their
nature. They want to be certain that their slavish giants still toe
the mark for them. Two examples:

(1) Yesterday Mooch, our resident stray, was sitting on the veranda
staring in the den window for the fourth time that day. This is his
signal that he wants to be fed. The other household cat-slave said
she'd take care of him. Very soon she came back in the house, shaking
her head. She said that she'd set down the food and water dishes down
and waited in a chair. Mooch stared at her for a long moment, then
sauntered off and disappeared without eating a bite. He was testing
his control over us!

(2) We keep Sophie and Emily separated on different sides of the house
because they don't get along with each other. Only Martha has no
problems with either of her sisters. To test us, she frequently
insists on being let into the other side of the house, demanding that
we open the door separating Sophie from Emily for her. Of course she
gets her way.

I've written about this phenomenon for Flippy's website - here's a
link to it:

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/openthisdoor.html

I really don't have to ask, but do your cats control you too?
Old August 21st 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message
[...]

LOL! I used to feed Bandit downstairs in my bedroom since she was blind and
arthritic the last 2 years of her life and I didn't want her to have to
climb stairs to eat. Sammy took to eating downstairs with Bandit. After
Bandit went to the RB I wanted to just feed everyone upstairs in the
kitchen. Sammy follows me around like a puppy dawg, so every morning when I
went upstairs to feed everybody, she would be sitting there watching me.
But after I put the food down she would follow me back downstairs expecting
me to bring her food down there - she refused to go back upstairs to eat.
So every morning I would have to *carry* her big ass back upstairs and put
her down in front of her food bowl before she would eat. I did this for
*three months* after Bandit left us before I figured that this 20+ pound cat
was not going to starve herself to death if I didn't carry her upstairs to
the kitchen every morning! ;

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Old August 21st 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 21, 12:59*pm, Bobcat wrote:
[...]

Only while I'm awake. Unless one of them wakes me up.

--
Will in New Haven
Old August 22nd 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Bobcat wrote:
snip funny examples of cat control

I really don't have to ask, but do your cats control you too?

Miranda has me running morning, noon and night to serve her food. She's
so skinny that I can't stand to miss one chance of getting her to eat
something, but even though she looks like she wants feeding, and even
though she jumps up to her 'feeding station,' she doesn't always eat
when I hand her her dish (I have to keep it on top of the fridge when
she isn't eating, or Caliban would clean it out in seconds).