I'm having a very bad year....

Old August 17th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Default I'm having a very bad year....

On Aug 16, 7:43*pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
"Jane" wrote in message

Let's see....someone broke into my car to steal the radio. *That was
fixed.

Some idiot hit my car, ripping off the driver's side mirror - fixed
and paid for.

Then I got fired, and filed for bankruptcy the same day.

Never never NEVER say 'what else could happen?' *Bad move.

I totaled my car yesterday. *My beloved, red, paid-off, excellent
condition Mazda. * WAHHHH!!! * I'm devastated. *I'm also bruised, but
I'll heal. *The other idiot was driving too fast, but it's still my
fault because I turned in front of him. *Silver car, gray parking lot
- I never saw him coming.

So...halfway through a bankruptcy, seriously bad credit rating,
unemployed for a month and a half, but starting a new job on
Monday.....and now no car for the 33 mile commute.

I need lots of chocolate now.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck, but I'm glad you weren't more
seriously hurt. *Where is your new job location?

The new job is up in the Baltimore area, and there's no chance of
public transportation to there.
This time a car is a necessity, not a luxury. After 4 years of being
able to Metro to work, it's
going to be hard to adjust to.

I have good new already, though. I have found a couple of possible
cars that
1) are in decent condition, and
2) are at a price so that I can pay CASH

No worrying about 'last chance bank' loan shark interest rates,
although I was considering it.
Finding a decent car for under $4000 isn't all that hard, thanks to
Craigslist! And I'll be able
to spend my first week at the new job actually concentrating on the
new job, instead of
finding a car.

This is not how I planned on spending my last weekend of 'vacation',
though.

Jane
Old August 17th 08, 08:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Aug 16, 12:02*pm, Jane wrote:
[...]

- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

Ouch, I feel your pain, Jane. Or at least I empathize with it. I just
finished paying off my car in February, and not having those payments
made things a lot easier.

Three silver linings: You didn't end up in the morgue You didn't wake
up in a hospital with the news that you are now a quadriplegic. And
you do have that new job.

But I'm sure things look bleak, right now. Is there anyway you can
rent a car for the immediate term?

{{{Jane}}}

Melissa
Old August 17th 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Aug 17, 3:13*am, Shiral wrote:

Ouch, I feel your pain, Jane. Or at least I empathize with it. I just
finished paying off my car in February, and not having those payments
made things a lot easier.

Three silver linings: You didn't end up in the morgue You didn't wake
up in a *hospital with the news that you are now a quadriplegic. *And
you do have that new job.

But I'm sure things look bleak, right now. Is there anyway you can
rent a car for the immediate term?

{{{Jane}}}

Melissa

Oh, I'm in a rental now, and insurance covers it, but as soon as my
car is
officially declared totaled, that ends. I think I"ll have only a few
days after
that to find something else to drive, or else pay for my own rental.
You're right, at least I didn't get hurt badly, but now I get to deal
with the
pain and misery of finding a new car very quickly, with no money and
no
credit. I feel like a teenager again! lol

Jane
Old August 17th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 16, 12:02*pm, Jane wrote:
So...halfway through a bankruptcy, seriously bad credit rating,
unemployed for a month and a half, but starting a new job on
Monday.....and now no car for the 33 mile commute.

I am wincing in sympathy here!

I need lots of chocolate now.

Sorry can;t send chocolate (It would melt) but I can send lots of
purrs- and a "virtual" bar of Green and Black's

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 17th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Wow! What a rotten break. Major purrs coming for a way through for you
and for better luck for the rest of the year.

Sam
Old August 18th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Mega purrs heading your way that things will start going well for you! Good
luck with the new job, I hope it works out well - do you have any kind of
bus service you can use?

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 18th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Jane wrote:
[...]

Oh, {{{{{{{Jane}}}}}}} Your year sounds about as good as mine. Sending
you a large box of cyber chocolates, all different kinds :-)

Ginger-lyn
Old August 20th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jane wrote:

I have good new already, though. I have found a couple of possible
cars that
1) are in decent condition, and
2) are at a price so that I can pay CASH

That is good news! As long as it's reliable, it doesn't have to
be too fancy, right? I don't think I'll ever buy a new car again.
It's really great to be able to just hand over a check, take home
the car, and that's the end of it. No car payments. I've found a
number of used cars that have lasted a while.

This is not how I planned on spending my last weekend of 'vacation',
though.

Yeah, the downside of used cars is that you have to do a lot more
legwork. I hope you find something soon!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 22nd 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Jane wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry, Jane.
Lots and lots of purrs and hugs,