Meercat Manor

Old September 9th 06, 05:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Meercat Manor

Am I just overworked, or is this completely adorable?

I keep cackling madly.

They are sooooo cute!

Old September 9th 06, 08:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

cybercat wrote:
Am I just overworked, or is this completely adorable?

I keep cackling madly.

They are sooooo cute!

I have seen the ads but not the show - way cute!! I hope to catch a
rerun.

-L.

Old September 9th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kitkat

-L. wrote:
cybercat wrote:

Am I just overworked, or is this completely adorable?

I keep cackling madly.

They are sooooo cute!

I have seen the ads but not the show - way cute!! I hope to catch a
rerun.

-L.

Animal Planet is like THE greatest TV channel in history.
IMNSHO!

Pam
Old September 9th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
The Polish-Kraut

Am I just overworked, or is this completely adorable?

I keep cackling madly.

They are sooooo cute!

I have seen the ads but not the show - way cute!! I hope to catch a
rerun.

-L.

Animal Planet is like THE greatest TV channel in history.
IMNSHO!

I been watching it since it came on and think it one of the best shows
on right now. They are adorable.

It does have its sad points though such as when Shakespear (SP) got
bit by the snake and almost died or Tosca (I think she is the one)
being evicted from the family and forced to live by herself.

Can not wait for the new season to see if Shakespear (SP) lived
through the rival attack where he was gaurding Flower's babies or if
Tosca and romeo Carlos from another tribe hook up to start their own
group.

Animal Planet has a Meerkat Maze game at it's web site.

Old September 9th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"The Polish-Kraut" wrote in

It does have its sad points though such as when Shakespear (SP) got bit

by the snake and almost died or Tosca (I think she is the one) being evicted
from the family and forced to live by herself.

Poor Shakespeare! Last night he was still recuperating. Did you see when
they thought Flower was going to kill her grandbabies so there would be more
resources for her own pups? That was a cliffhanger!

Can not wait for the new season to see if Shakespeare (SP) lived through

the rival attack where he was gaurding Flower's babies or if Tosca and romeo
Carlos from another tribe hook up to start their own group.

What made me howl: when Tosca sneaks away, long tail held high, to rendevous
with Carlos the interloper. They show a quick shot of their romancing (it
looked more like dance or play than mating!) then her returning, and the
other meercats chattering and fussing as they smelled her because, as the
narrator said, "she smelled of Carlos' cologne ..." hahahaha! Cologne
indeed! Then she keeps rolling on her back in submissive pose, the narrator
says to roll in dirt and get some of the Carlos smell off of her. Typical
teenager!

Another moment that made me laugh out loud: when Carlos led the other tribe
to confront the Whiskers tribe. And the Whiskers Tribe took the challenge
and all ran at them, growling and making fierce noises, tails high. And
Carlos and the other tribe RAN AWAYYYYYYYY.

These creatures are 12 inches tall when they stand up! One foot high!

hahahaha! I am totally smitten.

Old September 9th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Kitkat" wrote :

Animal Planet is like THE greatest TV channel in history.
IMNSHO!

Pam

hahaha! Except the animal cops shows that make me want to
kill people who abuse animals. Oooo.

Old September 9th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

-L. wrote:
cybercat wrote:
Am I just overworked, or is this completely adorable?

I keep cackling madly.

They are sooooo cute!

I have seen the ads but not the show - way cute!! I hope to catch a
rerun.

-L.

I've not seen the show either, just the ads, but we have a meerkat
colony at The Phoenix Zoo that is one of my favorite stops when going
there. They are the cutest little things and they always put on a
show. They're tiny little crowdpleasers.

Candace

Old September 9th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Grawun

I am so hooked on this show. I can't wait to see what happens on the
next show. Better than a soap opera because the characters are all real
and so very appealing. I hope Tosca is able to start her own family.

Old September 10th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Elizabeth via CatKB.com

i have followed the show throughout the whole season and can't wait until the
next one.
personally my favorite was the season finale where they aren't sure if
shakespeare survived the fight against big sai to save flowers latest litter.
i'm a dork. i think the show is a work of brilliance.

Old September 10th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lou B.

I am a 47-y-o hetero man who cried when Shakespeare, after recuing his
baby brother, limped away after being bitten by that puff adder. I don't
think he made it.

Someone described the show as being "Father Knows Best", "The Osbournes"
and something else all rolled into one. That person was right on.

Best show on TV. I look forward to seeing the people who made it getting
some major awards.

- Lou