Vet Tech Journals: A cat needs a home.......

Old November 9th 06, 07:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default Vet Tech Journals: A cat needs a home.......

Hey guys, need you help with this one.

An elderly man came in last week with his sick cat, but was
unable to pay for everything that needed to be done, like bloodwork,
x-rays, hospitalization, not the mention the cat had horrible teeth and
was covered in fleas too. But the man had very limited funds. And the
last thing he wanted to do was euthanize it.
I heard the story secondhand but apparently the cat was signed
over to us, in hopes that we could care for him and/or find someone who
could.
There's a lot more to this story, so if you are interested please
send me an email and I'll tell you the whole backstory behind it.
Here's a link to an album I've made of the cat.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/krysfamulan/albums

Now Yahoo has done some weird new things with the photos. My username
is krysfamulan, and the album name is Mango in case you have to search
for it on Yahoo photos.

He's about nine years old, neutered and a light beige colored DMH,
with sky blue eyes and now has the name, Mango. His previous one was
'Lady' (Don't ask).

We gave him a good bath and brushing; cleaned his teeth and took out
the really bad ones. He also had a big bump on his nose, so we removed
that too. (hence the stitches) He may not look like much, but he's a
lot better than when he first came in. And he's on antibiotics and
seems to be getting a little better every day.

So check out the pics and let me know if you would be interested (or if
you know of anyone) in giving him a permanent home or at least finding
out more about him.

Kristi

PS, if you want to know what that thing on his chin is, when I was
cleaning his teeth, we found that he had a fractured jaw. It's
probably from because he had such bad teeth that the infections
affected his jaw. Poor guy was thin and wasn't eating, and we figured
out why. So Dr. C wired it and put a little 'button' on it to hold it
in place. He's now eating normally again.

Old November 9th 06, 07:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

oh you can either click on the slideshow or double click on the pics to
view them separately

Old November 9th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In s.com,
Mischief purred:
[...]

That's not just any orange kitty - that's probably a mixed-breed exotic, a
flame point! Highly desirable in some circles! Hopefully he will find a
home with someone who can afford the geriatric's vet bills, or maybe he may
become another clinic kitty???

Old November 9th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
In s.com,
Mischief purred:
[...]

I agree, that's some exotic mix. Beautiful cat! I sincerely hope he finds
a home. Purrs on their way for Mango.

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Old November 9th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Well, though he's now in a cage next to the clinic kitties and now he
has the option to walk around the place, all he does is sleep for the
moment.

BUt I don't know if we are going to officially make him a clinic cat
since we have four already. :P

Kristi

Old November 9th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Poor guy! He's only NINE???? Awww. I really hope you find a home for him
that just coddles him through a long life.

s.com...

Old November 10th 06, 08:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On 8 Nov 2006 22:32:56 -0800, "Mischief"
wrote:

Hey guys, need you help with this one.

An elderly man came in last week with his sick cat, but was
unable to pay for everything that needed to be done, like bloodwork,
x-rays, hospitalization, not the mention the cat had horrible teeth and
was covered in fleas too. But the man had very limited funds. And the
last thing he wanted to do was euthanize it.
I heard the story secondhand but apparently the cat was signed
over to us, in hopes that we could care for him and/or find someone who
could.
There's a lot more to this story, so if you are interested please
send me an email and I'll tell you the whole backstory behind it.
Here's a link to an album I've made of the cat.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/krysfamulan/albums

Poor baby... he looks very bedraggled and unkempt just now - I'm sure
he'll be magnificent once he's made his way back into good health! Is
he a Balinese? (I think those are the
kind-of-long-haired-orientals...)
Old November 12th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default Mango Update

Mango is doing much better, his eyes are less goopy and he doesn't look
as bedraggled. Still haven't found a home for him yet. But he's
getting more interested in walking around the clinic. He has this low
MrrOOOWW and loves head and face scrtiches.

Next week the stitches on his nose come out and I'll be asking Dr. Cox
on how long he has to keep the 'button' on his jaw.

I wish he'd eat a little more, but i bet his jaw is still sore.

Purrs that he heals up completely and finds a nice home.

Please keep spreading the word. Someone must know somebody that wants
a cat, or at least another one.

Kristi

Old November 13th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Mischief wrote:

[...]

Poor baby! I hope he finds someone who will take good care of him.
Lots of purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek