My world has turned upside down...

Old April 4th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default My world has turned upside down...

Mischief wrote:

It's now 8:09 am

About an hour ago I walked into work at the veterinary clinic.....the
manager was there early and wanted to speak to me.

five minutes later I stormed out of there with my last
paycheck........

I got fired.......and whatever the reasons, it was non negotiable.

i'm so upset I can't see straight......

I'm gonna go curl up in bed and cry now........

will post more

I'm so sorry! Did they really not give you any reasons? I would be
beside myself - if someone took away my livelihood, I would *need*
to know why!

What a shame. I know how much you loved that job...

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 4th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Mischief wrote:
It's now 8:09 am

About an hour ago I walked into work at the veterinary clinic.....the
manager was there early and wanted to speak to me.

five minutes later I stormed out of there with my last
paycheck........

I got fired.......and whatever the reasons, it was non negotiable.

i'm so upset I can't see straight......

I'm gonna go curl up in bed and cry now........

will post more

Wow! I hope it wasn't a job you were terribly fond of - it's one thing
losing one you don't particularly like, another if you were happy there
and had no idea anything was wrong. I don't know whether North
Hollywood is near enough for you, nor whether they're looking for anyone
at the moment, but I was very impressed with Best Friends Animal
Hospital on Laurel Canyon, when I was taking my cats there. (Especially
the sympathy card from the whole staff, when I had to have Patches PTS.)
Worth a try, anyway. They have no connection with the shelter in Utah,
but they certainly had a staff that seemed caring - also had a permanent
cage in their waiting room, often housing cats for adoption.
Old April 4th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Oh, I'm so sorry! Job purrs either for this job to workout or for
a new and better job. We are thinking of you.

Debbie

Old April 4th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Mischief wrote:
It's now 8:09 am

About an hour ago I walked into work at the veterinary clinic.....the
manager was there early and wanted to speak to me.

five minutes later I stormed out of there with my last
paycheck........

I got fired.......and whatever the reasons, it was non negotiable.

i'm so upset I can't see straight......

I'm gonna go curl up in bed and cry now........

will post more

I'm sorry, Kristi.

Hugs

Yowie

Old April 4th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

i'm so upset I can't see straight......

I'm gonna go curl up in bed and cry now........

will post more

I am really sorry to hear this, Kristi. We're sending purrs that
something waaay better comes along soon.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{KRISTI}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Helen M
Old April 4th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

"Mischief"
It's now 8:09 am

About an hour ago I walked into work at the veterinary clinic.....the
manager was there early and wanted to speak to me.

five minutes later I stormed out of there with my last
paycheck........

I got fired.......and whatever the reasons, it was non negotiable.

i'm so upset I can't see straight......

I'm gonna go curl up in bed and cry now........

will post more

Ohhhh, I am so sorry to hear about that :/
Mean TED 'manager' !!
Major puuuurs that you'll find a new and better job soon.
HUG
Kyla

Old April 4th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Mischief" wrote in message
It's now 8:09 am

I'm so sorry sweetie. I hope that you get good references and can get
another job that is even better than this one.

Pam S. worried for you

Old April 5th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 08:12:45 -0700 (PDT), Mischief
wrote:

It's now 8:09 am

About an hour ago I walked into work at the veterinary clinic.....the
manager was there early and wanted to speak to me.

five minutes later I stormed out of there with my last
paycheck........

I got fired.......and whatever the reasons, it was non negotiable.

i'm so upset I can't see straight......

I'm gonna go curl up in bed and cry now........

will post more

Oh no! I'm so sorry Kristi... (gentle huggles)
Old April 5th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Apr 4, 8:12*am, Mischief wrote:
It's now 8:09 am

About an hour ago I walked into work at the veterinary clinic.....the
manager was there early and wanted to speak to me.

five minutes later I stormed out of there with my last
paycheck........

I got fired.......and whatever the reasons, it was non negotiable.

i'm so upset I can't see straight......

I'm gonna go curl up in bed and cry now........

will post more

I'm so sorry, Kristi. Soothing purrs to you. I hope you will find a
new and better job soon. But what an awful way to start the day. =o(

Melissa
Old April 5th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default What happened.......

Okay, I curled up in bed, cuddled up Mischief in my arms and cried
myself to sleep.

"Meowmie was getting icky wet stuff on my FUR and i don't know what
came overHEY.....!"

(Removes Mischief from the computer)

I took a long nap and had a long talk with my sister who is the most
awesome sister in the world.

I then wrote down the reasons given to me this morning.....

1. I had been constantly disrespectful to one of the doctors.

This particular doctor is indecisive and has made decisions that end
up angering the client and I have had to deal with irate clients
because of her more than once. She is frustrating at times, but I
gave her all the professional respect that I could as a technician. I
admit at times things got strained, but I would calmly agree and do
whatever she wanted. Saying that it was constant is way over the top.

2. My level of performance has been lacking.

I took on a night job a few months ago and yes there have been times
where I know I have not been 100%, but I have always worked extremely
hard and tried to be focused on the job at hand. I had an extremely
bad surgical day last month, and I even told the doctor afterwards,
"thank you for being patient with me, but I am utterly ashamed with my
performance and will endeavor to make sure that this never happens
again. Ever."

3. I spoke inappropriately with a client who happened to be a
celebrity.

A brand new client came in with a German Shepherd and I put him in a
room. In the course of getting background, the client asked about
boarding.

"I'm in a famous band and we're going on tour for a month and I want
to board him."

I said, "Oh really, that's exciting, may I ask what band?"

Turns out he was Mix Master Mike of the rap group The Beastie Boys.

I said, "Nice! You know we also have a client who is a rapper too."
Then I changed the subject and moved onto talking to the dog.

Apparently that little conversation was deemed as inappropriate and
was the straw the broke the back.

These were what I was told, and it was 'an a cumulative effect'

Honestly, with the economy being so bad, business at the clinic has
been bad. Employees including me, have been sent home early when its
been slow. And there has been rumors of downsizing.

Well, I guess then I made their choice easy for them.

I did not get a chance to even defend myself. I was told it was non-
negotiable at this point. So all I could was clear out my cubby and
leave.

I was utterly shocked.

I know that with me and my personality that sometimes things I say can
be misinterpreted. However, I am constantly apologizing to people
because I'm paranoid about this already. I make it very clear that
I'm clueless, so if I ever draw the line and do not realize it, I
appreciate it someone just TELLS me.

I CAN NOT BE EXPECTED TO CHANGE OR PULL BACK IF I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHEN
I'VE CROSSED THE LINE.

I really really HATE being told to 'tone it down' well, tone it down
from what? because to me I do not feel I am too much.

I'm often told I'm loud and tend to have no volume control, but
there's a little fact that I know i've told the manager AND the head
doctor.

And i normally don't tell people anyway.

I suffer from mild hearing loss.

Therefore if I am too loud, someone needs to friggin TELL ME

I really enjoyed working here. I learned a great deal and continued
to learn. Everyone has some personality conflicts wherever they work,
but I was laughing with the staff members almost every day.

I still have my night job, but it pays nothing compared to what I made
as a technician.

So now I have to get my resume in order and start calling around. And
hope that I can find a place that not only pay me what I'm worth, but
also work with me as a person.

Also a job that has a flexible schedule so I can still do my fire
performance too, but right now i'll just take the job.

*sigh*

Thanks for all the purrs

Kristi