Licky's back at vet today

Old April 11th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Licky's back at vet today

Despite about 2 months of giving him special c/d food, and not letting
him eat any more dry food, Licky still has some blood in his urine.
He doesn't appear to be straining - at least I haven't seen him going
in and out of the litterbox every 5 minutes, which is what happens when
he's straining. I know he has blood because I've been seeing the little
droplets of it on the bathroom floor.

So, he's back at you-know-where today, having yet another urinalysis.
If they can manage it, they will take a culture to see if there's an
infection. If they still can't find anything, I'll have to schedule an
ultrasound, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 11th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

On Apr 11, 2:51 pm, wrote:
Despite about 2 months of giving him special c/d food, and not letting
him eat any more dry food, Licky still has some blood in his urine.
He doesn't appear to be straining - at least I haven't seen him going
in and out of the litterbox every 5 minutes, which is what happens when
he's straining. I know he has blood because I've been seeing the little
droplets of it on the bathroom floor.

So, he's back at you-know-where today, having yet another urinalysis.
If they can manage it, they will take a culture to see if there's an
infection. If they still can't find anything, I'll have to schedule an
ultrasound, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^

Wow, that's too bad Joyce. Scary too. Many purrs and prayers for
Licky. What would an ultrasound show? Like an abcess or something?
Old April 11th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
Despite about 2 months of giving him special c/d food, and not letting
him eat any more dry food, Licky still has some blood in his urine.
He doesn't appear to be straining - at least I haven't seen him going
in and out of the litterbox every 5 minutes, which is what happens when
he's straining. I know he has blood because I've been seeing the little
droplets of it on the bathroom floor.

So, he's back at you-know-where today, having yet another urinalysis.
If they can manage it, they will take a culture to see if there's an
infection. If they still can't find anything, I'll have to schedule an
ultrasound, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary.

--
Joyce

Purrs for Licky, and for you.

Joy

Old April 11th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

yepp wrote:

Wow, that's too bad Joyce. Scary too. Many purrs and prayers for
Licky. What would an ultrasound show? Like an abcess or something?

Probably crystals, if that's what he has. It's not clear what's causing
the inflammation. Could be crystals, could be an infection. Or maybe
something else, but I don't know of anything else that causes this.

So far, I'm not scared about it. It seems treatable, at least. But I
feel bad for my little scaredy-cat. He howled all the way over there -
at least it's only 10 minutes away. A friend of mine will be picking
him up this afternoon and bringing him home. I'll be at work, so it was
either ask someone to get him, or board him overnight. I'd really like
him home with me tonight, and I'm sure he'd like that, too. My friend
said she'd stay at my house for a while and hang out with him and Roxy,
so maybe that'll help calm him down.

Old April 11th 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote in message
Despite about 2 months of giving him special c/d food, and not letting
him eat any more dry food, Licky still has some blood in his urine.
He doesn't appear to be straining - at least I haven't seen him going
in and out of the litterbox every 5 minutes, which is what happens when
he's straining. I know he has blood because I've been seeing the little
droplets of it on the bathroom floor.

So, he's back at you-know-where today, having yet another urinalysis.
If they can manage it, they will take a culture to see if there's an
infection. If they still can't find anything, I'll have to schedule an
ultrasound, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^

Joyce, please be sure it is an infection and not just fleas - yep you read
right, fleas! Flea poo is nothing but dried blood and when it gets in a
moist environment, like a bathroom, it turns into little blood droplets. I
don't know about where you live, but here in Houston it's already the
beginning of flea season.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 11th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

On Apr 11, 3:03 pm, wrote:
yepp wrote:

[...]

Awww, poor baby. I'm sure he is scared. I'm happy he will be with
you at home tonight. Keep us informed please.
Old April 11th 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

wrote in message
Despite about 2 months of giving him special c/d food, and not letting
him eat any more dry food, Licky still has some blood in his urine.
He doesn't appear to be straining - at least I haven't seen him going
in and out of the litterbox every 5 minutes, which is what happens when
he's straining. I know he has blood because I've been seeing the little
droplets of it on the bathroom floor.

So, he's back at you-know-where today, having yet another urinalysis.
If they can manage it, they will take a culture to see if there's an
infection. If they still can't find anything, I'll have to schedule an
ultrasound, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^

Poor Licky, he's such a sensitive soul. Sending purrs for him

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net