OT - Annie really stunk last night.

Old August 21st 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Default OT - Annie really stunk last night.

I went to bed early, leaving DH to play his XBox until he was all played
out. After a bit I started smelling a burned-popcorn smell...

I finally got up, and DH had all the lights on in the house, was trying
to find the source of the smell.

It was Annie (the d-pet)! She smelled like burned electrical wiring!

Seems last time DH let her out, something 'sprayed' her. We went out
looking (in the dark w/ flashlights), and we could smell skunk in the
air (they just have to walk through the yard in order to smell them),
but Annie did NOT smell like a skunk!

She got a bath at 11pm, and even her collar got washed as it reeked too.
Smell came right out.

We still don't know what made her smell like that - do possums &
raccoons have the ability to 'spray' when frightened/threatened, like
skunks do?

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old August 21st 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Aug 21, 8:16*am, Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
I went to bed early, leaving DH to play his XBox until he was all played
out. *After a bit I started smelling a burned-popcorn smell...

I finally got up, and DH had all the lights on in the house, was trying
to find the source of the smell.

It was Annie (the d-pet)!

Thanks for clarifying that grin

I've been known to smell, but not like burned popcorn or electrical
wiring.

She smelled like burned electrical wiring!

We still don't know what made her smell like that - do possums &
raccoons have the ability to 'spray' when frightened/threatened, like
skunks do?

I'm not swearing on this... Raccons do have a peculiar odor. I'm
hard pressed to put a name on it. It's very distinctive though. A
friend had a wild racoon in their guest bathroom (until it completely
gutted anything that was remotely 'chewable', like floor tiles,
wallpaper,etc.). She never could get the smell out.

It could have been that, she could have rolled in something as well
(my Shelby does that in our yard).

Smokie Darling (Annie) - *not* the d-pet
Old August 21st 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message
[...]

Possums reek - they smell like they're dead (part of their "playing dead"
repertoire), but I don't think it would smell like burned wiring - though I
could be wrong. They don't spray it, however, Annie would have had to rub
against it (possible since they "play dead" and won't move if a dog sniffs
at the or rubs on them).

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 21st 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Caroline S.

On Aug 21, 7:16*am, Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
[...]

*^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

Skunk does smell a lot like burned wiring. (Pippin got sprayed a few
years ago.) It's weird that it came right out though. Maybe it was
only a little bit.

-Caroline S.

The night before night before Christmas fun GaDragonfly Cat anecdotes 8 January 8th 08 12:00 AM
Annie - RB theresa Cat anecdotes 54 April 7th 07 01:35 PM
Met Annie and Jim Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 4 March 11th 07 08:52 PM
(Not) My Cat Annie... MatSav Cat anecdotes 5 January 16th 07 03:28 PM
Sunday night was biff night Helen Wheels Cat anecdotes 8 July 8th 05 04:37 AM