Questionz

Old November 7th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat[_2_]

Default Questionz

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 15:52:23 -0600, Stormmee wrote:

k den me anna lucy wantsa get onna venshure onna eazt koazt... butted kan
owrselvez purleze makesa stopp atta nigra fallz, Chester, hopin der iza dry
spot ta see it furm

We certainly can!

Cleo
Old November 7th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

deze kinda addishunz anna kreetifiti iz vri gud fur da komuniti, OEJ, starin
atta softz nailz
Sylvia M wrote in message

"The Clowder (South)" wrote in message
"Stormmee" wrote:

[small snip, but thank you and everyone who's said kind things.]

I always wondered how the ball started, how the
calling got started, Melissa is the only one I ever saw do it and I
wondered
how that came to be, if there had been someone before, why/how did it
change... just like I wondered when reading the glossary for the first
time
who could be that creative and wonderful to catalog all of that... the
point
is, I think the group is filled with love and I think that some of us

are
sensitive to keeping traditions alive, and others of us want to

understand
the traditions keep them and add to the life here at the community, soft
fur
her cats

"Add to the life"....YESSSSSSS! I would *love* to see new stuff added
to the Ball.

The important thing to remember is that this is a *creation*. People
thought about things to do and then threw it out there to see what
would work, what would stick. For the first two Balls, the Calling
was just a list. I think Gretchen Marie posted them, but GM was also
doing so much else for the Ball, (and has ever since...now *she*, and
her successor Little Kitty deserve an enormous amount of credit and
applause) and nothing was said about the Calling and who was going to
do it for the third Ball.

So, Mietze volunteered, and added a speech. The idea was to make the
Calling also a brief Tribute to all of the Honorees on the list, in
case some didn't have individual Tributes in the days that followed.

Another idea, which came along later (but not much later) was Laura
Ann's guestbook, now done by the current spokeskitty from Laura's
House. It's one of those ideas that stuck, people have fun with it,
and, after Laura died it's become a small tribute in itself to her.
As far as I'm concerned, it belongs to that House to do until they
choose to hand it off, or the Ball is discontinued, because they
created it in the first place.

I thought it was a lovely touch, having Piglet join Ralph & Kissa at
the table this year.

Melissa

Little Kitty's mural/frieze was a nice touch too.
Sylvia, sec to P2nya

Old November 7th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

datz kuz luci anna yourownsef iz zozo spekal, Chester prowd of hizown new
famli
The Porter Cats wrote in message
oups.com...

I thought it was a lovely touch, having Piglet join Ralph & Kissa at
the table this year.

Melissa

Little Kitty's mural/frieze was a nice touch too.
Sylvia, sec to P2nya- Hide quoted text -

When she agreed to do the frieze for the wedwink, I had no idea it
would be so wonderful! The description went far beyond my
expectations. Gosh, all the cats and hoomins who purrticipated in the
wedwink were wonderful.

Julie

Old November 7th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

*trudi sees the post and makes notes in her book... then snickerz*
Granby wrote in message
Da gramby dozent see so good and her lofed da scription of Little Kittys
work, it soundz so bootiful. Piglet knowing gramby loves paingings even

if
her kant see dem veri good. Her likez somez man kalled Kinkade.
too. I speciallee apreziated sitting at da guestz book, I gotted to meetz
efferyonz wifout having to mof aroundz too much. (Hooman note, she also
enjoyed having Wascal there with her)

Old November 7th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

we haz been here sinze 1999 owrz spokescat usta be Miss Violette but hersef
wented to da brige, den i hadda bekim spokscat, anna den in owrz howze 2 new
catz camed anna da hoomanz haz had manicatz inna kitty sweet... kitteez dat
wuz inna kitty sweet dat you mite meet iz Harri roadcat who lefted uses and
wentedta life wif unka dan in catifornia, anna Lewi who lefted uses anna
wented to life wif gramby's hooman grown up kitten... anna we alzo adfiezed
da hoomanz of lucy anna pigletted anna owrz hoomanz soft anna furry when
bast telled uses dat willow shuld mofe furm texas ta Illinios wif gramby...

I haz been thinkin dat when we getz thru alla deze poztz dat owrz howze mite
starta intruduction thread ta get ala kitteeze reaqwainted, Tiger
squiffer wrote in message
Yes, all the words came from our katz. Most of them came from RPC, where
evil hoomins tormented us. Imagine Me being accused of baby talk?!?! Hah!
hoomins are stoopid, as all kats know. Our task is to help these poor
hairless beings emerge from their dark caves into Bast's light.

So, TIger, I have been absent many years. Tell me what has happened here.
What events have I missed? Who are the new katz?

Colette (settling into her listening pose, ears forward and alert)

: thank yousef fur sharin dat how dija kulet da wurdz? dija start gettin
: demselves furm rpc, which wuz befur we hadda pooter anna net, Tiger
: squiffer wrote in message
: ...
: Ahem, I am Colette, a veddy smart kat, and my own dear sekretary

started
: the
: glossary. It was long ago, and before this group existed. As I am of
both
: a
: literary and scientific mind, I veddy much appreciate all the curious
: minds
: and their questions. Ahem. That is all fellow furrrrsons.
: Colette
:
: "Stormmee" wrote in message
: ...
: :I don't think anyone has ever complained about the work Melissa has
done,
: if
: : anyone needs to se her dedication they need only go and look at the
: walk...
: : bear in mind that honest questions and a desire to understand the
: dynamics
: : of a group can often be interpreted incorrectly or not as they are
: : intended... it seems to me that all of the newer members are doing
: something
: : I did not have the courage to do when I first started reading here,

: think
: : around 99 but am not sure... I always wondered how the ball started,
[...]

: : wrote in message
: : oups.com...
: : Hello to all. My cats Oprah Anne and Princess Pasha played here

for
: : years (starting in 1996) when I was able to get rpcc through
: : newsgroups via my dialup account. When that dried up, and I had

: : rely on the more difficult to follow internet groups on a dialup
: : account, I had to give it up for a variety of reasons, the biggest
of
: : which was lack of time, although I did check in occasionally to

see
: : what was going on. This group was always about fun and love for

me,
: : and I can only hope it will remain so for all of you..
: :
: : I just want to take a moment to acknowledge the wonderful work

that
: : Mietze (by way of Melissa) has done for all of us over these last
: : years. She alone has remembered the names of those cats, dogs,
: : ferrets, other furs (even a snake or two), and hoomins who have
passed
: : to the rainbow bridge during the past years. She puts their names
in
: : her Walk of Remembrance and has worked tirelessly on the behalf of
all
: : of us to keep the names of those we've loved alive forever. This
: : year, my beloved Lissa's name was called after she died shortly
after
: : last year's Jellicle Ball. There has been no one more dedicated

: : this task than Mietze/Melissa has been, and I wish to thank her

for
: : that.
: :
: : That said (and I wish to make clear this is not aimed at those who
: : simply asked questions), I would like to add that those few of you
who
: : have *complained* should be ashamed. If rpcc no longer wishes to
have
: : a Jellicle Ball, that's fine, but it is a sad day when some in a
group
: : of people who have supposedly been brought together by love of

their
: : furs should attack someone who has done nothing but try to give

some
: : consolation and solace to those who have lost their loved ones. I
: : have to wonder if those who have been so quick to criticize will
step
: : up to the plate and remember those who go to the bridge this

coming
: : year.
: : Ellie Terrell, former rpcc-er and mom to kitties Princess Pasha,
: : Phoebe & Emma
: :
: :
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

Old November 7th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

furry said dat ifin soft wantz yoursef kan getta vizit furm mine hoomanz da
nezt time dey vizitz da furry'z stepmom, Trudi
Ray or Fran wrote in message
newsilXi.185436$Fc.92668@attbi_s21...
Margaret, I agree with you re the Southern custom of Homecoming. That is
exactly what the Jellicle Ball is. The RPCC is indeed and always has been

magical place. Beautifully said.

Fran
(Who has lived for almost 25 years in Georgia and North Carolina)

--
Remove "spam" from addy to reply

Old November 7th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

letz put hersef onna lizt kuz i likez seafudz, Tiger
Granby wrote in message
Hi guyz diz iz O. T. iff youz goes to da fallz, you can go bisit da

grambys
dauter, Auntie Stacie. Her liffs on Gran Islandz and you kin see da mistz
from fallz from da korner of da islandz. Her haz a bigbig bak yard and

youz
kin exercize der if you wanta. Anna, her haz lotza of fud stuffs and kin
git fresh seafudz dere.
"Stormmee" wrote in message
Chester lukz atta Lucy anna... duz you wantsa go bak onna venshure, I
thinkz
it wuuld be kule anna maybe we kan go to niagra fallz kuz we juzt getted
winked, Chester
Tabitha Fluffytail wrote in message
In article ,
"Ellie" wrote:

Yore mom izza gudgud sekraterry. Mowsatronee soop souns pritty gud.

Izzit
dun yet?
Princess Pasha, looking hungry

Hihi, Princess Pasha! Wow, anofur Princess - dis is a furry royal

group.

I don't rememfur if we'z met before. But me an mine sisfur Amelia and
ourz friend Rebecca run a catering company named Fluffy Kitz Catering.
One of da dishes we fix is mowsastronee soup. It's new fur us, and it
prolly isn't as good as your seketary makes it, but I'd be glad to get
you a bowl so you could gif it a try.

Also, we'z all about return to our latest 'venture. We'z riding
motorcycles wif sidecars convertible cars up da west coast of the US,
teleporting to da east coast, and riding down da east coast. Fluffy

Kitz
is along on da 'venture, and we'z gots lots and lots of fudz along.

If you or any offur kitties wants to join us, we'z got lots of cars dat
still has space for more kitties, and we'z gots extra cars an
motorcycles in a bigbig semi dat's following us, so any kitties is
welcome to join us.

Tabitha