Cat in heat

Old January 30th 14, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
lonzo

Default Cat in heat

She's around eight months old.
A week ago I captured a little feral male cat in the
skunk trap. He's about five months old. Ever since
she's been crying and moaning. The boy has tamed
up good in a week. He was as wild as he could be, biting,
scratching. He finally figured out the proper way to use
a litter box. Now they both run through the house playing
and _______ing. It's going to be interesting to see what the
babies look like. She's a brownish Persian, he's a grey &
white short hair, muscular. He's going to have a story to
tell his friends if I release him. Being inside during terrible
cold weather, with plenty of food, doing stud service.

If I keep the boy cat, how will he treat the kittens?
Will he need to be segregated?

He's a good little cat, now that he calmed down and
stopped biting.
--
Android Usenet Reader
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk
Old January 31st 14, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 21:12:58 -0600, "lonzo" wrote:

She's around eight months old.
A week ago I captured a little feral male cat in the
skunk trap. He's about five months old. Ever since
she's been crying and moaning. The boy has tamed
up good in a week. He was as wild as he could be, biting,
scratching. He finally figured out the proper way to use
a litter box. Now they both run through the house playing
and _______ing. It's going to be interesting to see what the
babies look like. She's a brownish Persian, he's a grey &
white short hair, muscular. He's going to have a story to
tell his friends if I release him. Being inside during terrible
cold weather, with plenty of food, doing stud service.

If I keep the boy cat, how will he treat the kittens?
Will he need to be segregated?

He's a good little cat, now that he calmed down and
stopped biting.

I don't know why he'd need to be segregated but if you're going to
keep him I'd get him neutered. Otherwise they do tend to spray and get
aggressive.
Old February 1st 14, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
lonzo

wrote:
[...]

If these cats do one more night of yeowling I'll need
to get a motel room so I can get a good night sleep.
When the noise gets too much for me, I've started
making angry cat noises. The little male comes in the
room, tilts his head sideways in confusion, and stares
at me.

Old February 1st 14, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL[_2_]

"lonzo" wrote in message

[...]

~~~~~~~~~
You will solve these problems, and many more, if you get both cats
neutered/fixed. Then you can enjoy both cats and they can enjoy you--and
without any concerns about overpopulation.

MaryL

Heat or not? Tim Hogard Cat health & behaviour 3 May 11th 05 12:11 AM
is my cat in heat? Mr. Jim McManus Cats - misc 0 March 1st 05 03:04 AM
cat going into heat Luvskats00 Cat health & behaviour 5 September 11th 04 04:26 PM
cat in heat g g Cat health & behaviour 8 June 5th 04 11:28 PM
Heat?? Sherry Cat anecdotes 52 March 4th 04 03:02 AM