RingWorm

Old April 23rd 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default RingWorm

Hi everybody, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this
question but I'm having a big issue with my kittens and do not know
how to resolve it. i have two Persian kittens - 4 month-old brothers
and they just started loosing fur around their heads a couple of weeks
ago. the vet ran a test and we do not have the result yet but they
said it may be ringworm. the more i research about this the more im
convinced that they got it from the Vet Clinique when I took them
there for their vaccination . they started loosing Fur about a week
after they went to he Vet the first time. they have changed me a lot
of money for the test and im sure there is more coming. i wanted to
talk to the owner of the Clinique about this but i wasn't sure if my
assumption was correct. I'm a newbie and maybe wrong. the kittens have
never been outdoors and have not been in contact with other animals.
how on earth could have they gotten the fungi unless from the vet
Clinique? please let me know if you can help me with this. im really
stressed out about this specially because i have a young child at
home. any information will be very much appreciated.

thanks
Old April 23rd 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
capricious

On Apr 22, 10:39 pm, wrote:
[...]

I wish I had some advice for your situation. This doesn't seem to be
the greatest place to seek help from my limited experience from just
today. I had much better luck at www.catforum.com - good luck with
your kittens, I wish them (and yourself) the best of luck. Hopefully
the vet will admit if it is potentially their fault.
Old April 23rd 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Apr 22, 10:54*pm, capricious wrote:
On Apr 22, 10:39 pm, wrote:

[...]

the vet will admit if it is potentially their fault.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your kind words and the information. I will try www.catforum.com
and other resources. Thanks again..
Old April 26th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

wrote in message
[...]

Here is an article you may want to read:
http://www.peteducation.com/article....&articleid=223

Ringworm is highly contagious (but also very treatable), so you should be
sure to take precautions -- wash your hands frequently, wash clothing in hot
water, etc.

MaryL

Old April 27th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Ringworm is like athletes foot. It is a fungus and you can and
probably will get it too. Back when I had a cattery, we bought a stud
cat who had ring worm and within a few weeks 7 kittens less than 4
weeks old had it and 5 adults had it and I had it too!.

We used Griseofulvin is what we treat the cats and me with but it only
comes in an adult dose. We had to crush the pills and divide it up
like you see people doing with cocaine to make small enough doses for
the kittens. We dissolved it in water and gave it to the kittens with
a tube feeding rig. worked great.

Externally, we used 4 different anti fungal creams, a different one
each day, and in about 2 or 3 weeks all were growing hair again.

Nasty Stuff. It gets into the quick of your finger nails and its very
difficult to kill

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:39:45 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

Help Ringworm wendymg Cat health & behaviour 9 October 21st 06 07:27 PM
not sure if this is ringworm dagon Cat health & behaviour 4 May 21st 06 07:02 AM
ringworm Marie Lawrence Cat anecdotes 3 September 12th 05 04:22 PM
Ringworm, ringworm, ringworm! Laurie Cat health & behaviour 15 August 3rd 05 04:37 PM
ringworm, help please TNTsmile Cat health & behaviour 6 October 7th 03 09:09 AM