Moth Warning >:0)

Old January 13th 05, 03:45 AM
badwilson

"TBird" wrote in message
nk.net...
TBird --- has been known to scream and run from moths

"badwilson" wrote in message ...
Yay! Another mothophobe! Welcome sister :-) Now that TJ has
disappeared, we mothophobes have to stick together!
--
Britta

Oh good GOD yes! Mothophobe!
They are so insane and erratic and all that dust and ARGH....

Every 10-15 years or so Colorado gets and infestation of Miller

Moths and
it's a damn miracle I lived through one. The doors to the building

where I
worked were alive with swarms of the damn things. I would sit in my

car and
shudder, trying to steel myself for the mad dash out of the car and

through
the moths to get into the building.

It was three weeks of pure hell for me.

I will have nightmares for weeks imagining the pure hell you must have
endured. Shudder. I think I would have died...that or left town
anyways ;-)

Somehow, we had none in my apartment.

Whew! At least there's that.

And I will NEVER own a blue Spruce tree, they love the things. My

inlaws
had one next to their driveway. As soon as we slammed the car

doors, the
tree would come alive with moths.

Good to know, I'll try to remember that.

That same year they were so bad cats were getting sicking from

"kitty potato
chip" overload. And one flew into some old geezers ear (there's a

nightmare
for ya) and the doctor had to pull it out with tweezers. But as

soon as he
let it go, it flew RIGHT BACK INTO THE GUYS EAR!!!!

Good gawd! I would go insane and turn into a babbling idiot if that
happened to me. I might not be able to recover.

I swore I am leaving town the next time they swarm like that. Or I

simply
won't live through it.

Yes, I can see that. Purrs that you won't get another swarm.

When Dennis and I went to Australia to get married, almost 9 years
ago, we were both unemployed and so we stayed at backpacker hostels.
This one place had this shared bathroom and there was this huge moth
on the wall. It had a wingspan of at least 6 inches. I was too
terrified to go in there and ended up sneaking into the men's room to
pee and showered in my bathing suit by the pool instead. Thank
goodness we only stayed there 2 nights.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Old January 13th 05, 08:54 PM
Christina Websell

"badwilson" wrote in message ...
[...]

It must be awful to be afraid of moths.
The first thing I want to do when I see a moth is to get out my book and see
which one it is. Sorry, I actually like them.

Tweed

Old January 14th 05, 04:13 PM
Adrian

Christina Websell wrote:

"badwilson" wrote in message ...
[...]

When I was a kid, I saw a very large spider crawling up my bedroom wall,
so I got my camera and took a photo. I wonder where that picture went?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.