Dawn and the final reading

Old November 1st 15, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Dawn and the final reading

[A small white cat with emerald eyes glances at the rising sun and
nods. It is time. She is wearing an amber necklace with a small
pendant of a winged green garden snake. She climbs the dais and
reaches the podium as sun touches above the horizon to shine softly
into the Hawaiian cave, symbolic to the womb of Bast, where all cats
came from.
Guests and others who have lost loved ones, fall silent.]

Good morning, sirs and ma’am’s, and a special thank you to the
residents of this wonderful place, Hawaii is now a piece of all our
hearts.

Each October, at sundown of the evening of the first full moon and
through the night, we gather to pay tribute to our dear ones who have
taken their final journey in the year just past. As the sun rises, we
bid another farewell and return to our homes and families.

Much richer for having known and loved, much better for the lessons
learned, we smile despite our grief.

As always, the first name called represents those whose names we did
not know, those lost or tossed, taken through illness or abuse or
nature's fury.

We stand in silent thought, and send our hopes that they have found
peace and love at last.

[There is a short pause, then she slides her paw to the lighting
controls and raises the lights over the podium and to her left. Light
of the new day shines in from the entrance. Beside her, a large beagle
to her left repeats her comments in ASL-C/D]

We call their names, family members, dear friends, respected
strangers...our Jellicle Honorees:

Unknown Kitties, House of Bast

Phoebe, House of Armstrong
Charlie, House of Babcock
Buffy, House of Baldwin
Mandy, House of Baldwin
Misty, House of Baldwin
Bobby Boo House of Batson
Hunnybun, House of Batson
Petey, House of Batson
Vamp Kitteh, House of Chez Shenks
Ramsey, House of Chez Shenks
Radar, House of Condon
Weegie, House of Condon
Alice Ann Madre, House of David
Charlotte, House of David
Chuy Rex, House of David
Ralph de Ralph, House of David
Oscar, House of Gilliat
Lil Red Boy, House of Gittel
Tiny Mom, House of Gittel
Dusty, House of Harris
Booker, House of Julie
Arlene, House of Knop
Sharyn (Lana), House of Long
Amelia T Cat, House of Mahoney
Bear, House of Mishi
Chet, House of Mishi
Ewok, House of Mishi
Leia, House of Mishi
John, House of Mishi
Julius, House of Mishi
Sasquatch, House of Mishi
Sweet Pea, House of Mishi
Tobi, House of Mishi
Peyton, House of Maveety
Shannon, House of Maveety
BJ, House of Miller
Angel Kittens, House of Miller
Lil'Bit, House of Miller
Maestro, House of Miller
Spirit, House of Miller
Stewart, House of Miller
Tiny Kitten, House of Miller
Vesta, House of Miller
Duncan, House of Moore
Stanley, House of Momorella
Cinnamon, House of Rennie
Diana, House of Rennie
Galaxy, House of Rennie
Whisper, House of Rennie
Adam, House of Rubin
Hyacinth, House of Scaldini-Klimm
Jimmy, House of Scaldini-Klimm
Kiki, House of Shelton
Richie Redhead, House of Smith
Beau Wah-Wah, Houses of Stapley and Gerber
Alabama, House of Stapley
Filbert, House of Stapley
Georgia, House of Stapley
Gold, House of Stapley
Myrrh, House of Stapley
Texas, House of Stapley
Andy, House of Stacy
Buddy, House of Stacy
Pickles, House of Stacy
Pandora Pussycat, House of Wikler-Cook
Cassie, House of Zahari

[A moment of silence with weeping guests ensues then a paw reaches over
and slides the lights slowly back down]

THe dawn of a new day seeps in.

Old November 1st 15, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia and P2nya[_2_]

"cshenk" wrote in message
[...]

Fangu Daisy-chan, furr twu reedingz well dun, Tha furzt even longer than
wen da Ball began.

Gratefullee, and Sadlee

Pit2nya

Old November 2nd 15, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Sylvia and P2nya wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

"cshenk" wrote in message
[...]

Daisy-chan nods sadly. Da list wuz very long.

She looks about, aware some kittahs will time it and still post and
that this is normal.

Meantime, she watches as the group neatly packs up everything into the
crates they used for the kitchen cabinets. These were on contract for
pickup so there is little to do but wash a few dishes and set out the
rest of the food for the guests to take home for breakfast.

As they slowly depart, all is restored. The lights are taken down from
the cave and the pig pit refilled with it's dirt then grass seed spread
over the top. They even back fill the little cut out they made on the
way to the river and sprinkle native grass seed on it.

Cash and Iowna make one last circuit to ensure everything is picked up.
All clear, they catch up with Daisy-chan and port back home.

Old November 2nd 15, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey=^..^=[_3_]

Mosey and his clowdermates thank everyone for the Jellicle Ball.
and with heavy hearts, they port home to Seattle.