Next!

Old March 4th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Next!

A kind of etiquette even exists among two boycats competing for
meatloafing space on Mommy's chest. They seem to have set up a kind
of rotation.
Stinky is first of course. He will meatloaf there for awhile. Then
Dante will leap up on the couch or bed and jump around a bit like a
Super Ball, and Stinky will grudgingly give way. Dante will climb up,
settle down, and meatloaf for awhile (after a lot of four-pawed
dancing). Stinky will go get a drink, crunch some crunchies, do a
little patrol around, then come back, jump up, and biff Dante off me.
Lather, rinse repeat.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 4th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:

A kind of etiquette even exists among two boycats competing for
meatloafing space on Mommy's chest. They seem to have set up a kind
of rotation.

This sounds like a good way for them to co-exist. Roxy and Smudge
do something similar.

Roxy and Licky have a funny little etiquette around playing the
"stick-poking-in-and-out-from-under-the-rug" game.

I'll run the stick under the throw rug, letting it poke in and out
along the edge. First Roxy trots off to a distance of about 5 feet
and watches intently, then races toward me and attacks the stick
ferociously, scrunching up the rug (which is on top of wall-to-wall
carpet, so it's not that easy to scrunch up!). She'll do this once
or twice, and then Licky, hearing the exciting sounds from wherever
he is, ambles in and wants to play, too.

The two of them will then sit and watch the stick, and I'll see them
look at one another, and I swear, Roxy is sort of nodding toward Licky
as though to say, "You take this one, I'll get the next." It reminds
me of musicians signaling to each other when to take their solos.

Joyce
Old March 5th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

A kind of etiquette even exists among two boycats competing for
meatloafing space on Mommy's chest. They seem to have set up a kind
of rotation.
Stinky is first of course. He will meatloaf there for awhile. Then
Dante will leap up on the couch or bed and jump around a bit like a
Super Ball, and Stinky will grudgingly give way. Dante will climb up,
settle down, and meatloaf for awhile (after a lot of four-pawed
dancing). Stinky will go get a drink, crunch some crunchies, do a
little patrol around, then come back, jump up, and biff Dante off me.
Lather, rinse repeat.

Sounds a bit like the girls, since we put the basket chair by the fireplace.
It's big enough for two of them, but Cali isn't willing to share. So they
have been taking turns.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Old March 6th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

A kind of etiquette even exists among two boycats competing for
meatloafing space on Mommy's chest. They seem to have set up a kind
of rotation.
Stinky is first of course. He will meatloaf there for awhile. Then
Dante will leap up on the couch or bed and jump around a bit like a
Super Ball, and Stinky will grudgingly give way. Dante will climb up,
settle down, and meatloaf for awhile (after a lot of four-pawed
dancing). Stinky will go get a drink, crunch some crunchies, do a
little patrol around, then come back, jump up, and biff Dante off me.
Lather, rinse repeat.

LOL! How lucky you are to have not one, but *two* chest warmers!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Old March 6th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:44:52 -0600, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
.. .

A kind of etiquette even exists among two boycats competing for
meatloafing space on Mommy's chest. They seem to have set up a kind
of rotation.
Stinky is first of course. He will meatloaf there for awhile. Then
Dante will leap up on the couch or bed and jump around a bit like a
Super Ball, and Stinky will grudgingly give way. Dante will climb up,
settle down, and meatloaf for awhile (after a lot of four-pawed
dancing). Stinky will go get a drink, crunch some crunchies, do a
little patrol around, then come back, jump up, and biff Dante off me.
Lather, rinse repeat.

LOL! How lucky you are to have not one, but *two* chest warmers!

OMG! If they would just cooperate, I could have a cat bra! Not that
I would particularly want one.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War