can anyone see this?

Old October 24th 10, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default can anyone see this?

i can't find any posts older than oct 23th on google groups

but maybe i'm doing something wrong.
i'm cut off from usent, when i need it the most.

i can't figure how to use google groups.

please e-mail if you can see this, and if you know how to use google
groups.

i need to talk to the group, but i can't read many posts. it says ther
are 42 posts on my thread about kenzie at rb, but i can only read 25.

i am going crazy....

Old October 24th 10, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie[_3_]

"Gandalf" wrote in message
i can't find any posts older than oct 23th on google groups

but maybe i'm doing something wrong.
i'm cut off from usent, when i need it the most.

i can't figure how to use google groups.

please e-mail if you can see this, and if you know how to use google
groups.

i need to talk to the group, but i can't read many posts. it says ther
are 42 posts on my thread about kenzie at rb, but i can only read 25.

i am going crazy....

If you can see this Gandalf I count 38 posts to your thread on my server.
I'm not good with google groups either I'm afraid.

Sharon

Old October 24th 10, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 25/10/2010 7:08 AM, Gandalf wrote:
i can't find any posts older than oct 23th on google groups

but maybe i'm doing something wrong.
i'm cut off from usent, when i need it the most.

i can't figure how to use google groups.

please e-mail if you can see this, and if you know how to use google
groups.

i need to talk to the group, but i can't read many posts. it says ther
are 42 posts on my thread about kenzie at rb, but i can only read 25.

i am going crazy....

Hi Gandalf

Yes, I can see your post.

Why do you have to access newsgroups via Google?

You could try one of the free news servers:

news.aioe.net

news.endless-september.net

Neither are as good as news.individual.net, but for free service,
they're pretty good. I keep them as back-up for the rare times NIN goes
down.

Purrs to you.

Yowie
Old October 24th 10, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Gandalf wrote:

i need to talk to the group, but i can't read many posts. it says ther
are 42 posts on my thread about kenzie at rb, but i can only read 25.

Gandalf, I can see your post. When I view your last thread about Kenzie
on rec.pets.cats.anecdotes using Google Groups, it shows me posts 1-25
on the first page, and on the upper right of the screen there is a small
blue link saying 'Newer'. It's underneath the dark grey strip where the
title of the thread is, on the right underneath 'Options'. Can you see
it? If I click on that, it shows me all the most recent posts (26-42).

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old October 24th 10, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 24, 3:08*pm, Gandalf wrote:
i can't find any posts older than oct 23th on google groups

but maybe i'm doing something wrong.
i'm cut off from usent, when i need it the most.

i can't figure how to use google groups.

please e-mail if you can see this, and if you know how to use google
groups.

i need to talk to the group, but i can't read many posts. it says ther
are 42 posts on my thread about kenzie at rb, but i can only read 25.

i am going crazy....

I hope you can get your newsreader back working soon. I'll try to help
you maybe navigate Google a little better (but I'm not very good at
explaining things!)

Your post came through fine, so you're on the right road. Here is how
I think
it's easier to read posts through google.

On the main rpca page, at thetop left, you have the choice of "topic
list"
or "topic summary." Click on "topic list." Where it says "Sort by",
choose
"latest message."

Now click on Kenzie's thread. On the right, in the gray bar, click on
"Options,"
and choose "View As Tree" This will give you a list of each poster's
name who
posted in the thread in a sidebar at the left. To the right, you will
see the post.
If you click on "Sort by Date", the first post will be at the top, and
the most
recent post at the bottom.

You then just click on the author's name in that left sidebar to make
their post
appear on the right screen.

I hope this all makes sense. :-( And I hope you're able to read all
the posts.

Sherry
Old October 24th 10, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^^=[_4_]

"Sharon & Smudgie"
"Gandalf"

i can't find any posts older than oct 23th on google groups

but maybe i'm doing something wrong.
i'm cut off from usent, when i need it the most.

i can't figure how to use google groups.

please e-mail if you can see this, and if you know how to use google
groups.

i need to talk to the group, but i can't read many posts. it says ther
are 42 posts on my thread about kenzie at rb, but i can only read 25.

i am going crazy....

If you can see this Gandalf I count 38 posts to your thread on my server.
I'm not good with google groups either I'm afraid.

Sharon

I see only 5 replies from my server I'm not too good With Google Groups
either, sorry Gandalf.

Love,
Kyla

Old October 24th 10, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^^=[_4_]

"Sherry"
On Oct 24, 3:08 pm, Gandalf i can't find any posts older than oct 23th
[...]

Thank you Sherry. I am Google impaired myself, but use it once in awhile
to look something up, but if I make a reply, I get a weird message,
Love,
Kyla

Old October 24th 10, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I can see it, but I have a horrible time with Google Groups and avoid them
whenever possible. Have you tried calling your Internet provider to see if
you can get the groups back in a more user-friendly way?

--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

Old October 24th 10, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 24, 5:12*pm, "Kyla =^;;^=" wrote:
[...]

Kyla- Hide quoted text -

You've announced to the entire newsgroup that you have me killfiled.
Numerous times. I'm very curious how you happened to even see either
of my messages, as they were not copied.

Sherry