Koala update

Old September 13th 14, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Koala update

The progress continues. Koala still hasn't let me pet him, but I now
have hopes it could happen.

Last night I woke up twice to find him snuggled against my legs or hips.
The last time he was actually within reach. I put my hand down beside
him. Instead of slapping it hard, as he has in the past, he patted it,
sniffed it, and even rested his paw on it briefly. Of course, when I
reached to pet him, he ran away. However, he didn't jump off the bed.
Instead, he simply moved out of reach, but stayed on the bed.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old September 13th 14, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 9/12/2014 8:07 PM, Joy wrote:
The progress continues. Koala still hasn't let me pet him, but I now
have hopes it could happen.

Last night I woke up twice to find him snuggled against my legs or hips.
The last time he was actually within reach. I put my hand down beside
him. Instead of slapping it hard, as he has in the past, he patted it,
sniffed it, and even rested his paw on it briefly. Of course, when I
reached to pet him, he ran away. However, he didn't jump off the bed.
Instead, he simply moved out of reach, but stayed on the bed.

Joy

He's getting there! I'm thrilled to hear it.

Jill
Old September 13th 14, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
toci

On Friday, September 12, 2014 7:07:37 PM UTC-5, Joy wrote:
The progress continues. Koala still hasn't let me pet him, but I now

have hopes it could happen.

Last night I woke up twice to find him snuggled against my legs or hips.

The last time he was actually within reach. I put my hand down beside

him. Instead of slapping it hard, as he has in the past, he patted it,

sniffed it, and even rested his paw on it briefly. Of course, when I

reached to pet him, he ran away. However, he didn't jump off the bed.

Instead, he simply moved out of reach, but stayed on the bed.

Joy

He's seeing another cat get the petting and the scrunching. I think in a little while the penny will fall, and he'll want his, too. Toci

Old September 13th 14, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 9/13/2014 6:30 AM, toci wrote:
On Friday, September 12, 2014 7:07:37 PM UTC-5, Joy wrote:
The progress continues. Koala still hasn't let me pet him, but I now

have hopes it could happen.

Last night I woke up twice to find him snuggled against my legs or hips.

The last time he was actually within reach. I put my hand down beside

him. Instead of slapping it hard, as he has in the past, he patted it,

sniffed it, and even rested his paw on it briefly. Of course, when I

reached to pet him, he ran away. However, he didn't jump off the bed.

Instead, he simply moved out of reach, but stayed on the bed.

Joy

He's seeing another cat get the petting and the scrunching. I think in a little while the penny will fall, and he'll want his, too. Toci

Joy Unlimited

Colorful Crocheted Critters

Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

Yes, he sees Pickles get a lot of it. I think you're probably right,
and we're getting closer all the time. Last night I woke up to find
Koala snuggled tightly up against my hip, within reach. I reached over
and petted Pickles, who was lying on the other pillow. Then I put my
hand on the bed near Pickles. She immediately started licking it.
After a while, Koala started patting my hand. He pulled it over closer
to him, sniffed it, patted it, and, for a minute or so, laid his head on
it. One of these days ...

Joy

Old September 13th 14, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 9/13/2014 12:54 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Joy
wrote:
On 9/13/2014 6:30 AM, toci wrote:
[...]

I think that day is closer than you think.

Judith

I hope so. He's so cute it kills me not to be able to cuddle him and
pet him.

Joy

Koala update Joy Cat anecdotes 27 August 8th 14 12:32 AM
Koala Joy Cat anecdotes 21 July 29th 14 06:57 AM
Animals, including Sam the koala, emerging from the Victoria fires Flippy[_4_] Cat anecdotes 7 February 12th 09 08:44 PM
Update ( Warning! (kili update and a Troll)) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 December 25th 08 04:00 PM
UPDATE #3 Update #2 Update sigh (was Almost had a Ping-Brother (this would make cat #13)) Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 7 June 5th 07 10:41 PM