Happy Purrday to Natasha [RB]

Old April 15th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

Default Happy Purrday to Natasha [RB]

Even though she's been gone since the week before Christmas, I still
want to wish a happy 20th purrday to Natasha [RB].

April 15 was her true birthdate, as I first met her when she was about
3 days old and took her to live with me and Tribble [RB] when she was
2-3 months old.

I'm sure she was in this world much longer than her 3 brothers, Ivan,
Boris and Klaus. I don't know what happened to one, another was
stepped on by a horse when he was a couple years old, and the 3rd...
well, let's just say he and his lady friend were apparently enjoying
themselves when they went. They were found by the side of the road,
still... attached, as it were. Probably never knew what hit them ^_^
(what a way to go though!)

But Natasha was a good girl, and a good companion, who, in her mature
years, who loved snoozing in the sun (don't they all), and made that
fact perfectly clear to me. When it was her time, she made that
perfectly clear to me too. A lady to the end.

Jeanne Hedge

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old April 15th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 14 Apr, 19:08, Jeanne Hedge wrote:
and the 3rd...
well, let's just say he and his lady friend were apparently enjoying
themselves when they went. They were found by the side of the road,
still... attached, as it were. Probably never knew what hit them ^_^
(what a way to go though!)

You could not make that up! Nearest I;ve had to that was a rabbit of
mine, who died without warning and was found the next morning, frozen
in the act of licking his bits. As this was the rabbit who humped a
vacuuum cleaner when drunk, we figured it was par for the course with
Rod (He was even named, by my younger brother I hasten to add after
that well know skirt chaser Rod Stewart)

Fond burthday purrs for Natasha I am sure she can hear them over the
Bridge

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 15th 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
Even though she's been gone since the week before Christmas, I still
want to wish a happy 20th purrday to Natasha [RB].

Happy purrday, Natasha. Frank would have been 20 this year, too.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old April 15th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 19:31:20 +0300, Marina
wrote:

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
Even though she's been gone since the week before Christmas, I still
want to wish a happy 20th purrday to Natasha [RB].

Happy purrday, Natasha. Frank would have been 20 this year, too.

I think elder kitties are very special ones, and deserve to be spoiled
rotten ^_^

I'm almost ready to go looking for the "next generation" (for me, it's
been more a matter of the right time and opportunity coming together
than a matter of wanting to do it), and while it's not likely, I do
hope to have another long time companion or two ^.^

Jeanne Hedge

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old April 15th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 15 Apr, 09:35, Jeanne Hedge wrote:

I'm almost ready to go looking for the "next generation" (for me, it's
been more a matter of the right time and opportunity coming together
than a matter of wanting to do it), and while it's not likely, I do
hope to have another long time companion or two ^.^

The agency will send them. When Isis (RB) was getting old, my friend
Hugh said "You must have more cats, you'll be lost without them"

The week after she died, he hugged me and told me I must get cats and
I said "I've decided to wait 4 weeks before getting a couple of
kittens"

He (Who famously due to collusion between his flatmate and his vet was
dissauded from the same idea then again funny how two cats, in need of
a forever home just happened to be at the vets at the time and
happened to be just what he wanted 2 slightly older cats preferably
either siblings or cats that have bonded with each other- the Agency
strikes again) kept trying to insist until I had to confess "It has to
be 4 weeks as they aren't ready to leave mum yet"

Yep I booked the current Furballs just 3 days after Isis left us. I
always thought she, being a cat who knew these things and was very
wise petitioned the Mothership "It's my time but I can't leave my
Hoomins without a cat to organise them they'd be lost"

Well when I got in after 2 days to find Dave staring at websites with
kittens on them I guess I knew I had to do something and I did know
where I could lay my hands on a couple of kittens,,,,

Old April 15th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucy's Mom

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 22:08:54 -0400, Jeanne Hedge
wrote:

[...]

Happy Purrday to you, Natasha...
-- Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew
Old April 16th 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wrote:

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
Even though she's been gone since the week before Christmas, I still
want to wish a happy 20th purrday to Natasha [RB].

Happy purrday, Natasha. Frank would have been 20 this year, too.

I think elder kitties are very special ones, and deserve to be spoiled
rotten ^_^

I'm almost ready to go looking for the "next generation" (for me, it's
been more a matter of the right time and opportunity coming together
than a matter of wanting to do it), and while it's not likely, I do
hope to have another long time companion or two ^.^

I hope Tasha sends you a worthy successor soon, Jeanne. Or two.

Old April 17th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
[...]

Wonderful, and not so wonderful memories, but all wonderfully written.
Happy birthday to Natasha.

Old April 17th 07, 07:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Cheryl Perkins wrote:
It's about the time of year that I noticed the lump that turned out to
be the cancer that killed Betsy, and she's been in my mind a lot,
particularly when I notice how Mandy, almost the same age and now about
17, is getting old.

After Betsy, I expected to wait quite a while before even considering
adopting another cat, but it was only a few months before I heard about
this really nice boycat who had no home, and big goofy Sam is now
well-established here.

I'm very glad to hear about Sam. I hope he's getting along with
Mandy. I'll always remember Betsy, of course. Betty and Betsy both
died in June 2006 after a battle with squamous cell carcinoma. And of
course, there was Annie this year.

Old April 19th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

[...]

Belated happy purr-day, Natasha.
Lots of hugs for you, Jeanne,
Polonca and Soncek

Happy Purrday to me, happy purrday to mee... wafflycat Cat anecdotes 50 December 20th 05 12:41 PM
Happy 18th Purrday to Natasha! Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 14 April 16th 05 11:55 AM
Happy Purrday to Me! Stacey Cat anecdotes 16 January 19th 04 01:44 AM
Happy Purrday B & C Bev Cat anecdotes 17 October 31st 03 01:07 PM
Happy Purrday to Onyx Shahna Cat community 21 October 23rd 03 01:58 AM