How I was awakened this morning

Old February 16th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default How I was awakened this morning

I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired out -
it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a Daddy
Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your computer
speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded like a
home invasion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 16th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message
I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a
Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your
computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded
like a home invasion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

How cute is that!!!! They are soooo adorable, Lor!!! Thanks for at
least catching the tail end!!!

Thanks! when they were jumping in unison and slamming into the door
together it really did sound like a home invasion - I sat straight up in bed
and almost screamed. Thank goodness that when I did sit up I was facing the
door and saw it was only Da Boyz being their usual boisterous selves or I
think I might have had heart failure! It took me quite a while to calm
down, wake up properly and then think to go get the camera. I wish I could
have captured more of this, they were doing some *really* prodigious leaps
before they got tired! It was almost as if the Daddy Longlegs on the other
side of the door was teasing them on purpose! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 16th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut

I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired out -
it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a Daddy
Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your computer
speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it sounded like a
home invasion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

Daddy Longlegs mosquito ??

I heard of daddy Longlegs spiders and I heard of mosquitos but never a
Daddy Longlegs mosquito .

Thats a new one for me.

Old February 16th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

LOL, I love that first 'double action' leap!

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old February 16th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture a
Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors.

We call those things "skeeter eaters". I have no idea why, nor do I know if
they eat mosquitos. I do know they don't bite like mosquitos do

Turn your computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM -
it sounded like a home invasion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

Very cute indeed!

Jill

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 16th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture
a Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your
computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it
sounded like a home invasion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

More like a thwarted home invasion!

Old February 16th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

kraut wrote in
:

I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture
a Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your
computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it
sounded like a home invasion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

Daddy Longlegs mosquito ??

I heard of daddy Longlegs spiders and I heard of mosquitos but never a
Daddy Longlegs mosquito .

Thats a new one for me.

I wondered if she meant those mosquitos with the real long legs and whether
she made the name up herself or if others use it.

Andy
Old February 16th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Outsider" wrote in message
kraut wrote in
:

I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture
a Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your
computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it
sounded like a home invasion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

Daddy Longlegs mosquito ??

I heard of daddy Longlegs spiders and I heard of mosquitos but never a
Daddy Longlegs mosquito .

Thats a new one for me.

I wondered if she meant those mosquitos with the real long legs and
whether
she made the name up herself or if others use it.

It's a long legged mosquito - at least that's what we called them in New
Orleans. Like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTYg1...watch_response - apparently other
people call them mosquito hawks.

Never saw a Daddy Longlegs spider.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Andy

Old February 16th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Outsider" wrote in message
kraut wrote in
:

I only caught the tail end of this action when they were getting tired
out - it was going on for 20 minutes! Da Boyz were trying to capture
a Daddy Longlegs mosquito on the other side of the doors. Turn your
computer speakers up high to get the full effect I got at 6AM - it
sounded like a home invasion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBntXkygOg

Daddy Longlegs mosquito ??

I heard of daddy Longlegs spiders and I heard of mosquitos but never a
Daddy Longlegs mosquito .

Thats a new one for me.

I wondered if she meant those mosquitos with the real long legs and
whether
she made the name up herself or if others use it.

Andy

Ah, this explains it - a lot of people in New Orleans are of Irish descent,
me included: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_fly

Hugs,

CatNipped

How I was awakened this morning... CatNipped[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 5 February 16th 08 07:34 PM
Bad morning Outsider Cat anecdotes 17 January 12th 08 10:17 PM
Had to put our cat down this morning :( stonej Cat health & behaviour 15 October 11th 05 03:24 AM
What a morning :^) Sheenah Cat anecdotes 12 July 17th 05 10:35 PM
Cat Nip in the Morning........ LMarks Cat anecdotes 1 January 6th 05 07:20 PM