Aussie Citizenship Test

Old January 31st 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Aussie Citizenship Test

New anti-terrorism laws: Aussie Citizenship Test

How many slabs can you fit in the back of a Falcon Ute while also
allowing room for your cattle dog?

When packing an Esky do you put the ice, or the beer, in first?

Is the traditional Aussie Christmas dinner:
a) At least two roasted meats with roast vegetables, followed by a
pudding you could use as a cannonball. Also ham. In 40C heat.
b) A seafood buffet followed by a barbie, with rather a lot of booze.
And ham. In 40C heat.
c) Both of the above, one at lunchtime and one at dinnertime. Weather
continues fine.

How many beers in a slab?

Does "yeah-nah" mean "Yes and no" or "Maybe" or "Yes I understand but
No I don't agree"?

The phrases "strewth" and "flamin' dingo" can be attributed to which TV
character?
a) Toadie from Neighbours
b) Alf from Home & Away
c) Agro from Agro's Cartoon Connection
d) Sgt. Tom Croydon from Blue Heelers?

When cooking a barbecue do you turn the sausages
a) Once or twice
b) As often as necessary to cook
c) After each stubby
d) Until charcoal?

Name three of the Daddo brothers.

Who was the original lead singer of AC/DC?

Which option describes your ideal summer afternoon:
a) Drinking beer a mate's place
b) Drinking beer at the beach
c) Drinking beer watching the cricket/footy
d) Drinking beer at a mate's place while watching the cricket before
going to the beach?

Would you eat pineapple on pizza?

Would you eat egg on a pizza?

How many cans of beer did David Boon consume on a plane trip from
Australia to England?

How many stubbies is it from Brissy to the Gold Coast in a Torana
travelling at 120km/h?

Who are Scott and Charlene?

How do you apply your tomato sauce to a pie?
a) Squirt and spread with finger
b) Sauce injection straight into the middle?

If the police raided your home would you:
a) Allow them to rummage through your personal items
b) Phone up the nearest talkback radio shock jock and complain
c) Put a written complaint in to John Howard and hope that he answers
it personally?

Which Australian Prime Minister held the world record for drinking a
yardie full of beer the fastest?

Have you ever had/do you have a mullet?

Thongs a
a) Skimpy underwear
b) Casual footwear
c) They're called jandals, bro?

On which Ashes tour did Warney's hair look the best? 1993, 1997, 2001
or 2005?

What someone is more likely to die of.
1) Red Back Spider
2) Great White Shark
3) Victorian Police Officer
4) King Brown Snake
5) Your missus after a big night
6) Dropbear?

How many times must a steak be turned on a conventional four-burner
barbie?

Can you sing along to Cold Chisel's Khe Sahn?

Explain both the "follow-on" and "LBW" rules in cricket and discuss the
pros and cons for the third umpire decisions in the latter....

Name at least 5 items that must be taken to a BBQ.

Who is current Australian test cricket captain:
a) Ricky Ponting
b) Don Bradman
c) John Howard
d) Makybe Diva?

Is it best to take a sick day on:
a) When the cricket's on
b) When the cricket's on
c) When the crickets on?

What animal is on the Bundaberg Rum bottle?

What is the difference between a pot and a middy of beer?

What are Budgie smugglers?

Did you cry when Molly died on a Country Practice?

A "Hoppoate" is:
a) A breed of kangaroo
b) A kind of Australian "wedgie"
c) A disgraced Rugby League player?

What does having a 'chunder' mean?

When you were young did you prefer the Hills Hoist over any swing set?

What do the following terms mean:
a) Mate?
b) Maate
c) Maaaaaaate?

Best Aussie name is what?
a) Cheryl
b) Charlene
c) Bazza
d) Thommo
e) Shazza

What does the terminology 'True Blue' mean?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note, I have lived here for 36 years - and I can't answer all these -
and there were no answers supplied.
dave
Old January 31st 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Dave Gerecke" wrote in message
m.au...
[...]

LOL! I can guess a few of the answers. OTOH, in some cases, I don't even
understand the question. ;-)

I'll have to try this on some of my Aussie friends in other newsgroups.

Joy

Old January 31st 06, 11:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dave Gerecke wrote:

Who was the original lead singer of AC/DC?

This is the only one I know. Ronald Belford "Bon" Scott. Died from
being punk and disorderly in London in 1980. The band was never the
same again.

-L.

Old February 1st 06, 12:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dave Gerecke wrote:

Who was the original lead singer of AC/DC?

This is the only one I know. Ronald Belford "Bon" Scott. Died from
being punk and disorderly in London in 1980. The band was never the
same again.

Oh, I don't know, I reckon Brian Johnson is pretty good at what he does. He
certainly isn't particularly good at being Bon Scott (only Bon Scott could
be Bon Scott) and can't sing Bon's songs the way Bon did, but I think he was
a suitable replacement, not for Bon (can never replace him) but rather, as
the lead singer for AC/DC, and the AC/DC songs that were written with Brian
Johnson's style of singing in mind work just as well, IMHO.

I was far too young to see Bon Scott with AC/DC live, but the shows I've
seen with Brian as lead singer were awesome. But lets face it, AC/DC is all
about the Young brothers, plus Charismatic But Hard Front Man who Can Belt
Out A Rock Tune. Jimmy Barnes would have done a good a job; anyone of that
ilk would have worked.

Can't even remember who the drummers have been.....

Naturally, YMMV.

Yowie

Old February 2nd 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:20:57 +1100, Dave Gerecke
wrote:

New anti-terrorism laws: Aussie Citizenship Test

Thanks for the smiles Dave! I could really use them today...

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
Old February 2nd 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

New anti-terrorism laws: Aussie Citizenship Test

Thanks for the smiles Dave! I could really use them today...

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

In that case, you can probably use this too: (((((((Karen aka Kajikit)))))))

Joy

Old February 3rd 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

This was a lot of fun to read, especially with Yowie's answers.

Question: Do Aussies *really* drink that much beer????

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old February 3rd 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Some of them probably do, but the Aussies I've met (about 20 or so) don't,
or at least they didn't when I was with them - and I have stayed with
several of them, sometimes for days at a time. Also, drivers in Oz are no
worse than those in Southern California, and you'd think they would be if
they were all drunk. ;-)

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old February 3rd 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 19:26:27 GMT, "Yoj"
yodeled:

Some of them probably do, but the Aussies I've met (about 20 or so) don't,
or at least they didn't when I was with them - and I have stayed with
several of them, sometimes for days at a time. Also, drivers in Oz are no
worse than those in Southern California, and you'd think they would be if
they were all drunk. ;-)

Wine is catching up with beer. They make some pretty terrific wines
there.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War