Help with cleaning my cat?

Old September 21st 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default Help with cleaning my cat?

I have had cats for about 8 years, had quite a few. About a year back
I took in a stray in bad shape. Ended up taking him to the vet,
cleaning hip up, fixing his foot (abcess) and getting him fixed.
Well I never see him cleaning himself like all my other cats, and he
has begin to smell pretty bad.
He is still quite scarred and aggressive, so I'm not sure a
traditional bath is the answer, and the one time I've ever tried that
on a cat really ****ed him off.
So any ideas of how to get him clean and smelling okay?
I was thinking about a wet cloth, the kittah equivilent of a sponge
bath.
How do you all clean the cats that won't do it themselves?
Old September 21st 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

I was thinking that the stray may have never been "taught" to do this and
the wipes may be a good was of doing that. You are right about the baby
wipes and those for just wiping your hands. Just be sure they are pet safe
ones.
"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
In article
,
wrote:

I have had cats for about 8 years, had quite a few. About a year back
I took in a stray in bad shape. Ended up taking him to the vet,
cleaning hip up, fixing his foot (abcess) and getting him fixed.
Well I never see him cleaning himself like all my other cats, and he
has begin to smell pretty bad.
He is still quite scarred and aggressive, so I'm not sure a
traditional bath is the answer, and the one time I've ever tried that
on a cat really ****ed him off.
So any ideas of how to get him clean and smelling okay?
I was thinking about a wet cloth, the kittah equivilent of a sponge
bath.
How do you all clean the cats that won't do it themselves?

If he has mobility issues left over from you first took him to the vet,
that could lead to him not being able to clean himself.

I would think that, with his still being scared and aggressive, a wet
cloth might be the answer. Use just warm water. An alternative might be
to use some of the kitty cleaning wipes you can find in the bigger pet
stores.

You just want to stay away from baby wipes. They contain stuff very
dangerous to cats.