URGENT TO GINGER-LYN

Old April 16th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default URGENT TO GINGER-LYN

On Apr 16, 5:43*pm, outsider wrote:
wrote in news:13dc7393-eb8b-41e1-a9be-
:

On Apr 16, 4:47*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:

JFTR *I didn't call Ginger-lyn's vet unethical

Well, yes you did and you did so without having any knowledge of the
actual conversation:

"More to the point, Ginger-lyn is in such *dire* financial straits now
that I
think the vet not giving her the same information my vet gave me is
really
unethical."

Over time you will notice that Lori is a deeply emotional (read caring)
person and because of that she sometimes speaks in moral certainties that
strictly speaking may not be perfectly articulated. *I _like_ that about
her. *You on the other had like to speak with technical accuracy (to a
degree which may not be 100% appropriate for this type of group). *I like
_that_ about you (even if you ruffle feathers) but clearly you and Lori
(and some others) will always be somewhat incompatible. *Hopefully all of
use can look past those strange differences we have and see the cat
lovers we all are.

I now return to my regularly scheduled cynicism.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. :-) You're right in that my style
may not be 100% approriate for this group, but I'm glad you recognize
that I am indeed trying to be technically accurate. I am what I am and
I feel that it is very important, especially in discussions on health
issues, and even more especially when disagreement arises. I very much
appreciate your take on this.
Old April 17th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Default PLEASE STOP [was URGENT TO GINGER-LYN]

I feel I need to jump in here, considering this thread is about me and
my cat and my decisions.

I have e-mailed both parties with my feelings, and in general, I think
that is where they belong -- in private e-mail.

I will only say that each situation is different, and what may be right
for one may be wrong for the other. I believe I made the right decision
for Cosmo; I could not allow him to suffer in pain needlessly, and I
wanted to give him a chance to not be in pain and to feel better again,
and to live out what life is left to him (and I believe he has quite a
bit of life left to him; as someone posted, he *is* a strong cat).

Catnipped is someone I consider a friend, and tripsovercats is new here.
But in this case, tripsovercats was completely accurate about my
situation, what happened, the hematoma, etc. He/she may have come
across to some too strongly, but his/her words comforted me greatly. I
hope everyone will give him/her a chance, as it sounds like
tripsovercats may have a great deal of insight to offer here.

I also believe Catnipped was only trying to help, and only had the best
of intentions. But I believe in this situation, her advice was wrong.
I hope that in saying that, we remain friends.

So, please, let's stop this. I do not want to be the cause of hurt and
angry feelings here.

Please just remember that Cosmo made it through the surgery (a surgery
both the vet and I agreed was necessary), that he has a good chance of
recovery, and that your wonderful purrs and prayers made all the difference.

Ginger-lyn

Old April 17th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

that needed a BW, Lee
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote in message
wrote in message
On Apr 16, 5:14 pm, "Matthew" wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message

... "Stormmee"
wrote in message
cat nipped,

this is a general pattern I have seen with this poster and is why I
have
blocked this individual, ginger made her decision, and all you did

was
offer
your experience, that is enough, Lee

Ah, I was beginning to wonder. Thanks for the heads up.

Hugs,

CatNipped

This was the same poster that last week told me I was endangering my
Rumble
life because my vet did not know how to use proper nutrition to control
his
diabetes since the vet has him on wet and dry food but yet his sugar

level
is normal as is his blood work.

Matthew, I said that your cat was in danger of coming out of remission
if he is eating high carb food. This is not my opinion. It's a fact.
It happens all the time to diabetic cats that go back to eating dry
food. The carbs are harmful. They put stress an an already compromised
pancreas. Period. Have you ever tested your cat's blood sugar after 24
hours of being fed only low-carb canned food, then fed your diabetic a
dry meal and then tested his blood sugar again? If you actually did
this I can assure you you would be unpleasantly surprised. Why do you
think cats go into remission when dry food is eliminated from the
diet? The stress of unnecessary carbs and the glucose toxicity that is
a result of the dry food diet is removed from the equation. That's
why.

Now, if you want to stop being childish and feel something I have said
in this discussion is inaccurate and would like to discuss it or
present a different take, by all means be my guest. But if you want to
join in libeling Ginger-Lyn's vet or implying she is stupid or
incapable of making thoughful decisions with regards to the
appropriate care of Cosmo then I will take issue with that. Instead of
making this your own personal vendetta, why not just stick to the
issue at hand.

- - - -- - - -

First you tried to tell CatNipped that she was trying to make it "about
her". Now you're telling Matthew he's trying to make this his "personal
vendetta".

Purrsonally, I think you're a real pain in the ass!! (But hey, I could be
making this all about me)!! ;oP

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old April 17th 08, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

the two of you are going to owe me a keyboard, and you are going to have to
give my 20 pound cat a bath if you keep this up, he does NOT like coffee on
his furs, Lee

wrote in message

On Apr 16, 5:14 pm, "Matthew" wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message

... "Stormmee"
wrote in message
[...]

I knew there was a reason I was in love with you ;-)

Old April 17th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
[...]

I didn't mean to stir trouble (she says in the midst of trouble she
stirred), but only wanted to give you sound advice that my vet gave me (and
that worked well for me AND my cat). As you may or may not have noticed I
stopped quite a while ago and if "tripsovercats" is determined (as s/he
seems to be) to carry on this argument s/he'll have to do so without me.

BTW, *did* you vet advise you that a hematoma will be naturally reabsorbed
by the body if left untreated? Demi's looked horrible, but she was not in
pain and continued to play and eat normally until it eventually went away.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 17th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

BTW, here is a bit more info on hematomas since this is a condition that,
once a cat has it, can recur throughout the rest of their lives - and there
really *IS* an alternative to surgery...

From: http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/hematoma.html
"It is an uncomfortable, rather than painful, condition."

From:
http://www.dolittler.com/index.cfm/2...oma.veterinary
"Having suffered this condition multiple times with my long-lost Agatha (a
boxer who saw me through vet school), it irks me a little that hematomas are
almost invariably treated surgically. The first episode found me repairing
the ear with painful consequences. The two following episodes healed
blissfully (though somewhat less attractively) on their own. Given a choice,
I'd opt always for less pain, more crinkling."

My vet told me that the only reason for surgery is to prevent disfigurement.
It was my choice to let my pretty little Demi have a cauliflower ear rather
than submit her to the stress and risks of surgery.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 17th 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

I am a technologist and a lover of words and their exacted use.
Unfortunately I also have very poor typing skills and am highly dyslexic
and because of that I run out of energy very quickly and end up speaking
(typing) less succinctly than I might like most of the time so I tend to
straddle the two worlds. I do, however, appreciate accurate speech; it
tends to be easier for me to follow. I like my science to be science and
my poetry to be poetry. I hope that makes sense because I am about out
of energy and it is also my bedtime soon since I am up at 3:50.

later,

Andy