Challenge 24

Old August 4th 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Challenge 24

There is Usenet, and there is Real Life.

Sometimes I am stupid and ignore Joel and/or tell the Yowlet to go away
and/or push a kitty away because I am typing a Very Important Post to here
(or elsewhere on usenet) and don't want to be interrupted. By doing so, I am
implying that usenet is more important in my life that Joel, Cary, or the
cats.

Its not.

So, this is my challenge.

Go 24 hours without Usenet. Instead, hug your partner. Scritch a kitty.
Ring your parents / siblings / kids and tell them that you love them.
Write - with pen and paper - a letter to a dear friend rather than dropping
them an e-mail. Go to church/temple/coven. Do that chore you've been putting
off. Make one of the many recipes you've always promised yoruself you were
going to try. Go to the musem, Volunteer at the shelter. Go to the park and
see the kids run around. Maybe run around yourself and do something daft
like you did as a kid. Blow bubbles, Jump in the puddle, roll down that
grassy hill. Just get out and smell the roses.

Then, when you've had a dose of Reality, have got some perspective on the
*important things* in your life, feel free to come back to usenet. I can
promise you that it hasn't collapsed without your words of wisdom, in fact
I would wager that no-one has really noticed your absence.

I am starting my challenge as of 2:06pm local time.

See you all later, I'm gonna be enjoying meatspace. Care to join me?

Vicky (not Yowie for 24 hours)

Old August 4th 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Go for it girl. I have had enough reality to last me a lifetime. Got no
partner, the cats sit on my lap when I type and, if the grandkids show up,
they sit and watch meowchat and howl like a bunch of goony birds.

Old August 4th 08, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 3, 11:15�pm, "Granby" wrote:
[...]

Vicky (not Yowie for 24 hours)- Hide quoted text -

Me too, Grandby. It's an admirable challenge, but I'm just not up for
it right now. DH works
long hours this week, so he's not even here to ignore. No kids, no
grandkids. The cats don't seem to care what I'm doing.
It's 106 outdoors, and that's too frigging hot for me to even get IN
the car, which is easily 120
degrees inside.
I don't sit at the computer until my eyeballs fall out. I goof around
in the house, I still *do* try
recipes, I quilt, I read, I watch TV, I journal (on actual paper with
an actual pen) but I do check in and out on the groups and see what's
up
during the day from time to time. Maybe in the fall when I can
actually go outdoors, I could
join a boycott.

Sherry
Old August 4th 08, 05:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I don't just sit here either, I do housework in between posts. It is not my
favorite thing to do so being forced to do it if I want to be on here works
for me. I could work outside forever but really don't like the indoor
stuff. I am amazed at how much laundry, dishes and general untidiness one
person can have.

I guess I depend of the NG for company a lot of times. The neighbors around
here are not the kind of folks I really enjoy so this is a good thing for
me, most of the time.

Old August 4th 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Yowie wrote:
[...]

LOL Despite my sometimes prolific postings it's not a terribly difficult
challenge. I didn't miss (or think about) Usenet on the 3 day drive from TN
to SC. I did (mentally) store info about the trip and Persia's hiding
tricks in the hotel rooms to post later

I did think about Usenet some when I was in the hospital for 7 days but only
because hospitals are terribly boring. I wasn't begging the nursing staff
to smuggle in a laptop with wireless

Jill

Old August 4th 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Yowie wrote:
[...]

Count me in as soon as I post this. I would add for myself, however, no
news/newspapers/radio (music is ok)/reading self help books. These
all seem to distract me from enjoying myself.

There, I'm gone....

Old August 4th 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

See you all later, I'm gonna be enjoying meatspace. Care to join me?

Vicky (not Yowie for 24 hours)

No, not today.

I do that occasionally. Sometimes I go an entire weekend without looking
at Usenet. Can't do that during the week - I work on the Internet every
day, and the temptation is just too great. But weekends it's sure doable.

Old August 4th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

I do it pretty often. I try to do it at least once a week.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 4th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

LOL! After this past week I think I'll go back to just posting occasionally
from work whenever I get a few minutes "down time". ;

It really has been amazing how much time I have to do things at home when
I'm not always on my computer (and the cats love all the extra attention
they get)!!

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 4th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
news
LOL Despite my sometimes prolific postings it's not a terribly difficult
challenge. I didn't miss (or think about) Usenet on the 3 day drive from
TN to SC. I did (mentally) store info about the trip and Persia's hiding
tricks in the hotel rooms to post later

I did think about Usenet some when I was in the hospital for 7 days but
only because hospitals are terribly boring. I wasn't begging the nursing
staff to smuggle in a laptop with wireless

Jill

How are you feeling, Jill? Are you able to eat anything more solid than
soup now?

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Challenge Pamela Shirk Cat anecdotes 0 December 3rd 05 02:56 AM
Challenge OT, hopefully fun tanada Cat anecdotes 13 May 4th 05 04:21 PM
Challenge OT tanada Cat anecdotes 3 April 29th 05 12:44 PM
Challenge Alison Cat health & behaviour 25 April 12th 05 04:19 PM
How about a challenge??????????? JHBennett Cats - misc 2 July 28th 03 01:55 PM