OT - LA Bans Fast Food

Old August 3rd 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Default OT - LA Bans Fast Food

Yowie wrote:
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message

I sure wish I could give them in person! How's it going, hon? Are
you managing to hang in there?

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Thanks, I need the hugs. The last three days have been such that I
don't even want to think about them. I thought about ranting in here
but don't want to prove that I'm a bigger drama queen than I've been
in the past (yeah, I know, that is a pretty big drama queen). The
whole thing involves an uncaring social worker or two, rotten food
and service in a restaurant, IBS, stress, and more. Sometimes, I
wish that I just wasn't emotional, which makes it all worse.

Hugs coming atcha, Pam. Whilst its probably little comfort, please
know that you are loved by many people.

Yowie

Hugs from me, too, Pam. Personally, I wouldn't care if you ranted in here,
but if you need to rant, go ahead and e-mail me. Just remove the NOSPAM.

{{{{{{{ Pam }}}}}}}}}

kili

Old August 3rd 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

CatNipped wrote:
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"CatNipped" wrote in message

I sure wish I could give them in person! How's it going, hon? Are
you managing to hang in there?

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Thanks, I need the hugs. The last three days have been such that I
don't even want to think about them. I thought about ranting in
here but don't want to prove that I'm a bigger drama queen than I've
been in the past (yeah, I know, that is a pretty big drama queen). The
whole thing involves an uncaring social worker or two, rotten
food and service in a restaurant, IBS, stress, and more. Sometimes,
I wish that I just wasn't emotional, which makes it all worse.

Pam S.

Now I'm really ****ed of - mostly at myself, but also a few others who
contributed to this state of mind in the group! NOBODY should
refrain from posting to ask for support when having a crisis in their
life - EVEN if that crisis is a f*cking HANGNAIL! You are NOT a
drama queen - I may be, but trust me, you are NOT.

Lady, I am in AWE of you for the courage you display through all of
the sh*t life has thrown at you. I am humbled and ashamed when I
start feeling sorry for myself, because you (and a few others like
Kili), have not only managed to get through life's toughest hurdles,
but came through them with grace, and style, and a sense of humor!!

Please, please, please, don't hesitate to post here when you need
purrs or hugs or just a few shoulders to cry on - you need it and you
DESERVE it! And if ANYBODY has the unmitigated gall to call you a
drama queen I will PERSONALLY flame their ass to cinders!

So THERE! ;

*HUGS*

CatNipped

Well said, CatNipped, well said. :~)

kili

Old August 3rd 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Now I'm really ****ed of - mostly at myself, but also a few others who
contributed to this state of mind in the group! NOBODY should refrain
from posting to ask for support when having a crisis in their life - EVEN
if that crisis is a f*cking HANGNAIL! You are NOT a drama queen - I may
be, but trust me, you are NOT.

Please don't be upset. Groups evolve and change and flow. Right now, we
seem to need more restrained postings. Believe me, when it gets bad enough,
I'll release my inner drama queen and tell you all about it. I'd say I was
going through menopause, but I already done that. Same with PMS. Bummer,
nothing I can blame this on.

Rob has been having insomnia since we were told to have another MRI and call
the oncologist next month. I worry about him. He needs his beauty sleep.
He also needs a hair cut. It is scary waking up next to him and seeing a
brown haired Einstein looking down at you. I have been letting him sleep in
as much as possible during the day, which sometimes means that we don't
start doing anything until the heat of the day.

Pam S. dumping on everyone

Old August 3rd 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Yowie" wrote in message

I found it really hard to walk around in the last two months of hte
Yowlet's internment, and dearly wished to be considered 'temporarily
disabled' for that purpose.

It wasn't that I *couldn't* walk, so much as found it painful on the hips
& back, and carparks difficult to negotiate with the huge thing in front
of me. I did have a large baby, and an abnormally large amount of amniotic
fluid going on, though.

I don't have a problem with obviously pregnant women using those spaces.
It's those barely pregnant women who take the spaces over, the minute they
get the positive results back from the home pregnancy kits, that drive me up
a wall. I've seen some little girl who wears a size 0 jump out of the car
that she's pulled into the last available pregnancy parking space and the
woman who's 8.5 months along has to park on the far side of the lot and
waddle to the hospital. I've been known to give them rides to the front
door. That's what I was thinking about mainly when I posted that.
Sometimes I think I was lucky that every time I was pregnant, we were
between vehicles and I had to take either the bus or a cab to the clinic.

Pam S.

Old August 3rd 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message

[...]

LOL! I think I'd rather have a dump from you than the sweetness and light
of some other posters! ;

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 3rd 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Yowie" wrote in message

[...]

A *temporarily* disabled sticker that is given at the last term of the
pregnancy and carries through the first 23 month sof hte babies life is what
I'd give. Then again, I'd have two grades of disabled. I'd have *wheelchair*
access spaces as the closest-to-the-shops and then the 'mobility issues'
slighlty further away. A heavily pregnant woman has mobility issues - but
she can still walk.

I still remember being 7 months pregant and having to go in for my monthly
exam at the hospital. Our hospitals always seem to tbe ont he top of hills,
this one being no different. The only problem is thats its also int he
middle of twon. I tried for 15 minutes to get a parking spot, to no avail,
the only place to legally park was a half hour walk, at the bottom of the
hill. It was also in the middle of summer, adn this particular day was near
100F.

So I huffed and puffed up the darn hill muttering and cursing, and arriving
very out of breath and 10 minutes late. I apologised for being late to the
receptionist. All she said in a very condescending voice "Well, you should
have got your husband to drop you off at the door". And thenI got to sit
inthe waiting room (although it was air conditioned) for nealry 2 hours
whilst I waited for another appointment to become available.

Had I not been so exhausted I wouldhave snapped back. The nerve of the woman
making so many assumptions, the first that I had a husband, the second that
he would have been able to drive me there anyway - most people *work* during
the day and not everyone is allowed out to drop off their wife to hospital
even if they worked close enough to do so. I coudl well ave had a husband
who worked in Sydney - thats not unusual around here. The third assumption
being that 'we' had a car. How would a single, woman who relied on public
transport feel about that comment? B*tch.

After that I paid the horrendous hospital car-park fees. $4 for every 15
minutes.

Yowie

Old August 4th 08, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Yowie" wrote in message

[...]

2-3 months, not 23 months! They'd be nearly two and walking by then!

Yowie

Old August 4th 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 09:16:52 +1000, Yowie wrote:

car-door ding scam story

I once had a co-worker who had just bought his first car, a former Post-
Office Jeep that had been repainted battleship gray. He came to work one
day highly upset because someone in a car parked next to him had claimed
that my co-worker had dinged his car door, pointing to a smudge of gray
paint in the ding as proof. My co-worker had pointed out, to no avail,
that his Jeep had sliding doors, not outward-opening doors, so that it
was impossible for him to have caused the ding in question. My co-worker
had finally given up the argument and driven off, to threats of "I will
call the police and report that you left the scene of an accident." I
predicted that, once the other driver calmed down enough to start
thinking, he would probably be so embarrassed that my co-worker would
never hear from him again. Sure enough, he never heard anything from the
other driver.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old August 4th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 22:40:34 -0400, tanadashoes wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message

LOL! Yeah, seat belts are a personal peeve to me too - I had a friend
who allowed her children to stand up in the back seat of her car - she
wondered why I never let my children go anywhere with her!

Nose Kisses,

Nose Kisses, doing much better Lori.

My kids used to really upset some of those people, usually women, who
let their kids ride without wearing their seat belts or in a car seat.
Mandy would stare at them in the parking lot then loudly say to Mike
"They don't love their kids any." Mike, playing along would ask why.
Mandy would say "They don't want to keep them safe and buckle their seat
belts." I'd pretend that I didn't hear them and the offending parents
couldn't/wouldn't call me on it. I think they knew they were in the
wrong.

Pam S

I was in a checkout lane today, and the family ahead of me was letting
their one-year-old use a propane cigarette lighter as a teething toy. I
finally spoke up and said, "You shouldn't let the baby play with that.
He may burn himself." The father then took the lighter away from the
baby. I just hope they don't let him play with the lighter at home. He
is likely to burn down the house.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old August 4th 08, 06:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Car ding scam stories (was: OT - LA Bans Fast Food)

John F. Eldredge wrote:

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 09:16:52 +1000, Yowie wrote:

car-door ding scam story

Something like this happened to me a few years ago. I don't think it
was a scam, though. I think the people just tried to blame me for
something they had done.

What happened was, I pulled into a space in a shopping center parking
lot. When I got out of the car, I saw that my parking job was very
crooked. I wanted to pull out and re-park within the painted lines, but
I was afraid I'd hit the car next to mine. Fortunately, the people in
the next car were just getting out.

So I asked if they could pull out to give me space to re-park without
hitting them. It was a couple of young guys, and they were simply not
interested in talking to me. I couldn't get their attention - they kept
saying, "It's fine, there's no problem, forget it" and the like. And then
they walked off together making jokes and laughing. I was frustrated,
but shrugged and went off to do my errands.

When I got back to the car, I saw the two guys standing next to their
car, which they had pulled out into the parking lot. And they said to me,
"You hit our car when you parked." Then they pointed to the light blue
paint on their car, which perfectly matched the (somewhat unusual) shade
of blue paint on my car, and in the right place to have been hit. However,
I knew I hadn't hit them, because as Yowie said, you know when you hit
someone - you feel it.

A big argument ensued. They told me that they had been sitting in their
car when I pulled up, and they felt the impact when I hit them. I had not
felt any impact, even if I had parked badly, so I insisted that I didn't
hit them. We reached a stalemate, and they took off after saying that I
would be hearing from their insurance company.

Naturally, I didn't hear from them again. And it occurred to me later,
after I'd calmed down and could think clearly again, that what must have
actually happened was that *they* hit *my* car when they were pulling
out. And they decided to blame me because I'd parked badly. I wasn't
actually blocking them, but the rear of my car was awfully close to
theirs, so unless they were very careful backing out, they would have
hit my car.

And they'd kept saying that they could feel the impact of me hitting
them when I'd first pulled up to park. But if that were the case, then
why didn't they bother to look for damages then? I was trying to tell
them that there was a problem, and they wouldn't listen - they didn't
seem in the least bit concerned about their car or mine. I guess they
thought they were too cool to talk to some middle-aged lady in a parking
lot, but because they didn't pay attention, they ended up hitting my
car when they backed out. Serves them right for being so rude, IMO!

--
Joyce ^..^